Neko Shooter

https://onikunosato.x.fc2.com/games/fatvar3/game.html
A while ago, I found this Japanese WG shooter. It’s a pretty fun game and challenging too.
Too bad it has been completely abandoned. I thought it was a good idea to post it here.

12 Likes

Hm? I’m pretty sure it’s still being worked on. I’ve seen the author post about it on twitter. Did they announce a cancellation of it?

Yeah i’m 90% sure this is still being worked on.

Also it’s not a neko it’s a Shiba inu

Year the game is still in development, if I am not mistaken this version was released in late October between early November.

I love that you can explode your enemies into a billion pieces and then eat their remaining flesh

cool game

I think there’s a cheat you can do to play as a neko though, and it’s not purely aesthetic either, she shoots three bullets instead of the usual two.

Uhm… HOW do we play? XD

Okay… we shoot with j.

And how do we do that? Or other cheats?

1 Like

hold H and start the game, then you can use neko.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I couldn’t beat this thing without the Cat cheat.

I play shmups, too, but this game’s hitboxes are gigantic, and there’s very little room.

Also- I dug into the game, and found the character art. Enjoy.

fatvar3 characters (gain only).zip (584.5 KB)

1 Like

Unarchived:
player_00
teki_00
teki_02
teki_03
teki_04
teki_10
teki_12
teki_20
teki_22
teki_23
teki_24
teki_30
teki_32
teki_33
teki_34
teki_40
teki_42
teki_43
teki_44
teki_50
teki_51
teki_60
teki_61
teki_62
teki_63
player_01
player_20
player_50
player_70

boss_200
boss_202
boss_204
boss_205
boss_207

14 Likes

I think it’s also interesting how bumping into enemies doesn’t do damage (even with bosses). Also, it’s impossible to die if you stay directly below the second boss during its last phase, and the upper bullet will still deal damage.

1 Like

Could someone link this guys twitter page? I want to keep track of this game.

1 Like

I found it and it looks like this this guy is still going working on this game.
https://twitter.com/ipKCTE5B0HtjNEd

The double dog is rather helpful, plus this kind of has the feeling of bullet hell yet it isn’t too harsh.

I wish I was better at these kinds of games, i can barely get past the second boss -_-

1 Like

All you gotta do is shoot and dodge. But I can’t say anything more cause I’m bad at these types of games as well.

Maybe try it with the Neko first, that helped me to getting to the end before trying it with the original character and succeeding.

he trying add Bomb in next ver, wait for it and try it.