An open discussion on running ads on the forums

Assuming $60 a month and lets say we bring in $500 a month from general ads (a very worst case by our current estimates) around 9 a month would make it more profitable then the ad networks.

The worse case scenario is about $4,000 a month which would require around 70 ads a month to cover the difference.

1 Like

As long as it is only in already existing dead space and not moving stuff around, I am fine with it.

Also, I will turn adblock on the instant even a single sound comes from them or similar stuff, so keep it clean I guess.

2 Likes

I have no problem with banner ad or two on the page, and if it means that the site will have a steady source of income then go for it.

4 Likes

I think ads are great and, while I can appreciate the fact that you guys have refrained from running them for this long, itā€™s just healthier for the siteā€™s sustainability if you are able to generate some basal income from people visiting the site. So long as it doesnā€™t become an abused feature, like the pop-up windows and stuff you find on some of the sketchier sites, which Iā€™m not worried about you guys doing, I think ads on this site are fine.

3 Likes

There is a thing people not talk about, since the beginning.
But something that bug me would be to have ad about weight loss, liposuction or anything that making slimming apology or fattening condemnation.

If I get to a site like WGaming itā€™s for fleeing all pressure of the slimming industry. Itā€™s like a sanctuary where I can share my love about Fatness and Feederism.

So I am ok for ads, but not if nasty slimming content pop here.

3 Likes

Can you ensure that video ads are not shown on here? I donā€™t like video ads that much.

4 Likes

Yes, we plan on doing out best to not allow video based ads to be shown

3 Likes

One thing I would really not like is if you click on a page and a pop-up add covers your screen, and you gotta click off. That may not seem like much, but if youā€™re hopping around topics a lot (I do) that quickly gets tedious.

Other than that, I absolutely support the idea of adding adds, so long as it isnā€™t enough to be a nuisance (or at least a major one), as I really want this site to get more support!

1 Like

My opinion is, there can be ads as long as theyā€™re not annoying/covering stuff and only if they do their job of bringing an income. With the current site layout, perfect ads would be the banners at the top and/or bottom of page, and maybe a single banner ad after every 10th post, for example. Of course, the income from ads, firstly, can and should be spent on ALL site maintainersā€™ needs and maintaining the site itself, and secondly on curated projects, of course.

3 Likes

I hope you understand my ideaā€™s to have site maintainers sponsored well enough, to fully support them, regardless of whether they will be able to continue supporting the site or not, in case of unfavored events in their lives. Problems of psychological, social, financial or any other kind are unwanted for anyone, but we gotta make sure that at least the people that are in the spotlightā€™s are going to be helped if needed.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see any problem with the site having ads, as long as it is not pop-up ads that you end up clicking unintentionally, it will be fine for me.

I see this extra income as a great opportunity to improve game jam by increasing the value of the prize or making game jam more often or maybe both among other types of contests, who knows a miss bbw contest I think I have never seen it anywhere

2 Likes

Lurking cave ghoul here, as long as the Ads are unobtrusive Iā€™m all for it. Any extra cash for the heroes working the backend is a plus in my book.

The ads are already in.
Iā€™ve had my adblocker turned off for the site because theyā€™re not really intrusive at all, just a couple simple banner ads, no popups or anything.

1 Like

the ads were so unobtrusive that they didnā€™t even realize they were already here

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to see some more suggestive ads on this websiteā€¦ is this intended or are you working to remove them?

Unfortunately, without knowing what ads you are talking about we can not remove them. If you could post screen shots or more information about the ads here I can look into tracking them down and having them blacklisted.

1 Like