Any thoughts about Palworld?

At least in this case, this is PP’s first-ever real huge hit, so it’s less likely they’ll just repeat for the sixth(?) time and abandon it like the others.
Like, they’d have to be stupid to pass up on this golden goose, unless Nintendo/TPC takes them to court and rips them in half.

I’ll be honest, its hard for me to think “there’s no real chance of this game getting abandoned.” when they have done that 5 times now.

That and because early access never hold companies accountable for finishing their games, there is always a chance in my mind that they take the money and live off of it / use it to make a new game that they will abandon again.

Regardless I’m just going to wait a year or two and if the game is in a better position than it is right now then I’ll buy it.

its fun to play, but i’d like to make the character thicker than the max.

Are you serious? If you move all sliders to the max the whole model look like shit with distorded shoulders/arms where arms completely clip with whole body in animations.

i want it bigger. it aint big enough

Wanting it bigger is irrelevant since it already clips like hell at the normal sizes and the game doesn’t adjust any interactions based on your/their sizes.

1 Like

Again, it’s their first actual hit though. When a company strikes gold, 99% of them stop doing other things and milk the hell out of whatever they can to maximize profit off their new cash cow.

All of PP’s other projects sell pretty poorly, but since all of their games are literal asset flips where they slap together a bunch of free/cheap assets from some asset store into an engine to make a knockoff of another popular game and sell it for a quick buck, they don’t actually need to make many sales to turn an okay profit.
For Palworld, they actually made their own assets for once (the Pals) and ended up making exponentially more money than their other games, so despite the added cost, they probably blew their profit margins out of the water.

The way I see it, PP will either capitalize the hell out of Palworld and slow down on other projects, or they’ll put it on the back burner like their other games, but start putting more effort into new projects to try to make lightning strike twice… probably not succeeding.

Either way, I’m just glad Palworld got a good-sized bugfix update today, the changelog showed some good fixes in there, though I haven’t tested it out myself yet.

It should also be said that there’s not a ton of evidence to support that they’ve abandoned other projects like Craftopia. Its still getting regular updates. That being said, I think its safe to say that Palworld is going to get the most attention (at least for awhile).