Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Right, sorry was at work.

First is the Bel bug. I use an autoclicker to help me speed through dialogue I’ve seen before and I have it set to 100 clicks per second. That’s why I said it’s a very short time frame to activate the bug. Of course I know very few players will end up encountering it but I figured since it could softlock the game it was worth mentioning it.

That being said I didn’t try replicating it for confirmation since it was more a quick scan for any surface level stuff. I plan to do a much more thorough play testing, carefully coming the game and double checking any problems I encounter. This of course means it’ll take me longer so please bare with me.

1 Like

Take your time. thank you for whatever time you put into my project, it always means a lot to see how people want to see it improve!
(Oh and if you look deeper into the game…please ignore how lazy I was when I named some of those switches.)

Legit, I just straight up can’t afford RPG Maker MV. Trust me if I could have I would have already just opened the game up and have cleaned what I could. As is I’m going old school and just playing the game and doing every possible stupid thing I can think of doing, which honestly works out anyway cus that’s the point of playtesting anyway, to see from a player’s point of view and catch bugs only they would encounter.

1 Like

Literally finished the game over the coarse of 3ish hours. It is very well done. I honestly love the characters so far. I liked the slower pace this had as compared to other games in this niche.

All the different facets to the punishments have been interesting. Although I am kinda confused as to where the Wizard guy ended up. Did he just get the same treatment as Paul’s gang?

I can’t wait for more, really good job.

Thank you glad to hear you enjoyed it!

As for the wizard leader of the purple gang well…you’ll just have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

Hi, i had the same bug, but i don’t know where to save your save, because i saved it in the “save” folder, but in the game don’t appear, there’s only my save.

delete your previous save file and rename it to 1 (if that’s where you saved your game) instead of 6
that should work.
The only “Issue” I found with this, was that the adventurer continued in my party throughout the rest of the game, but it’s nothing that breaks it.

1 Like

Thanks, it worked perfectly.

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not but i arrived the second time after the second party in the room with all characters where you check their weight but there is no exit…

Not a bug, that’s just the end of V0.1, thanks for playing!

oh ok, i really liked the game

1 Like

Just played through this, and this is a really intriguing little world you’ve created!

The narrative walks a thin line of being too slow, but still intriguing enough to keep the player interested (kind of like how the Persona games feel like). I think you did a very good job with finding a good balance between showing different points of view so it doesn’t start to get stale. The scrolling text sections might be the best parts of the game for me personally, from what’s in the game currently.

Light Spoilers: I really liked the little touch of having the main crew’s names be the first letter of their sinful representations! Makes you wonder if we’re gonna see other apostles of other sins show up.

I’m really looking forward to seeing more of this game, and what other directions you might take it into!

For a game so dominated by dialogue scenes, especially one with so many grammatical errors (please try to learn the difference between “there” and “their”), this game was exceptionally engrossing. Most dialogue-heavy games like this have me mashing my mouse button to try and skip to something interesting, but here, the pacing was so good that it never got boring. Even though the story is heavily linear, the large cast of likable characters and all of their individual stories made it enjoyable to just walk around and talk to people. This was one of the things that Night in the Woods did so well.

My only issue with the writing is mostly a nitpick. When the characters start talking about the missionaries having been in town for weeks, it came as a surprise to me. From my perspective, it didn’t look like more than a day or two had passed in the game before those comments came up.

1 Like

You are actually the first person to pick up on that little fun detail, so Props for that!

And glad you liked it hope I can deliver more!

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about the typo’s I’ll slowly be working on improving those over time. But glad you liked the story and the characters!
Nitpick is something I’ll work on better alluding to in future updates.

1 Like

Ah that’s too bad. Sorry the game wasn’t to your tastes, but thank you still for the feedback.

The narrative is comparable to the Persona games? That’s high praise! I’m gonna have to give this a try if I ever have a spare minute :slight_smile:

That’s at least how I felt with how the pacing was set up , bordering on being too slow, yet still interesting enough to make you want to continue. Which is very difficult to get right, since it could ruin an otherwise good game if you cross the line one way or another!

I’m a latecomer to the Persona games, but absolutely loved Persona 5 when I played it about 15 months ago. The pacing was nigh on perfect, IMO. Just talking about it is making me want to play it again, which is rare for me! If I complete a game, I rarely go back to it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s definitely closer to the later games than the first two.
The first was a mostly-by-the-book JRPG with a few added bells and whistles, it focused more on story, even if it was rather tough to get into(at least from my opinion).
This honestly feels like Persona 4-esque just from the story premise of newcomers to town changing the small village for the better(sorta, kinda), where there isn’t a murder mystery, just the social link stories.

1 Like