Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Damn they always take me like 3 or 4 hours to get through.

2 Likes

i’m wondering what point does the bet between lily and gretal happen. i’m currentlty at winter wait. thank you for the help in advance.

@frank_spick If I recall correctly, I think you might have already passed the bet between Lily and Gretel. There should have been a point where Steph was holding one last big feast before she started her fast in which…you had the option to play as Lily or Gretel, both competing to burst the dress of one of the two sisters. Gretel took Steph, running around the church finding her snacks, while Lily went drinking with Sophia.

1 Like

thank you for telling me this.

1 Like

Definitely prefer longer updates, even if it means a longer wait. I am willing to wait for such high-quality stuff!

7 Likes

Progress report for September!

Not a lot of Apostle work was done, but for hopefully a reason you all will accept! Every year WGgaming holds a yearly game jam for creators to try to make a new game in a 2 week period and I (as well as the team with me) gave it a shot ourselves with a game called Greed’s End!

It’s a story of how our protagonist “Sam” finds herself on an unknown train she doesn’t remember boarding, and she along with three other girls is accused of living a life of Greed. In order to escape an awful fate, they must compete in a series of tests to see who will make it through, and who will be left behind!

Main
Thug LEvel 3
Marybadend

Now full disclosure the game while playable all the way to the end, does have some rough or even unfinished spots. This is fully my fault as I was unable to get all of my side of the work done in time (who knew trying to make an Apostles sized update of a game in a 2 week period would be hard!?)

That said even if the jam is over, I fully intend to finish the game on my own time. So if you want an early look at i’d say a rough cut of the game, head on over to Greeds end. And check it out!

Otherwise wait a week or so, and I’ll post the full polished game here.

In any case though, once that’s done, its back to Apostles!

14 Likes

I thought that game had your fingerprints on it. WG storylines with a dark edge are very much your style. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So happy to hear you will be working more on it! It really is a small gem of a game!

1 Like

I cannot wait for the full version.

1 Like

STILL ALIVE, Sorry for being a week late on the progress report!

Progress has been made albeit slow. Between working non-stop on Greed’s end in August and being slightly sick for most of September the progress has been a LOT less then I would have liked. Sorry about that, but I’m hard at work to make up for it!

Speaking of Greed’s end, that has not been forgotten, work is still being done on it and a new version should be comng sooner rather then later. I know CJ has been hard at work for new art for it.

As for Apostles, I’ll make it my mission to be done (this update) before the year’s end. Expect a lot of Sebastian and Heather content!

Otherwise I hope everyone enjoys a very spooky month!

25 Likes

No worries at all, take all the time you need. I hope you’re feeling better now

2 Likes

This game is the oasis in a desert. I am…the writing, the sprite art, the concept/execution is just…dear sweet Niss…I’m only 2 HOURS into the game and it’s so compelling! Kudos! Standing ovation.

9 Likes

Thank you! That’s very kind of you to say, and comments like this are always what make my day! Hope you enjoy all that’s to come!

1 Like

Monthly progress report!

First order of buisness for something that was on the backlog for too long, a fixed up Greed’s End!

(Minor patch, I messed up properly updating the final battle track. Sorry.)

For those of you who missed it, I (as well as other on the team with me) made an effort to create a game for the Game Jam. And while we made a game for the deadline, lots of things were either only half working or missing. BUT NO LONGER!!! For those of you who have never played, or are interested in playing again to see a lot more conversations between characters, I very much reccomend a play!

Onto Apostles:
It’s getting made! Some days I feel like I’m making huge strides, other days I work at one text box an hour. Just how it goes XD

My hope is that have the update just before the year ends, but I am somewhat unsure. I won’t put out a half done update just to hit an uneeded deadline, but I also don’t want to slack off, so we’ll see!

For the contents of the update, we’ll have Heather getting fat, Sebastian talking about a bunch of weird lore bullshit that won’t make sense for 15 or so years! Fats and lore, the center of Apostles!

14 Likes

It really is a cute little game to be honest! I’ll be playing it and enjoying it again. Thanks for your guy’s hard work! Keep it up!

1 Like

Glad you liked it! Out of Apostles and Greeds end, Kit-Kat is probably my favorite character ever XD.

2 Likes

Loved the fallout refences :rofl:

1 Like

I started playing the game yesterday and I must say it already is in my Spot 1 of RPG-Maker games ! It even surpasses Coven of Calahree ! Good job ! I hope you keep this up !

8 Likes

Thank you very much! I hope the game continues to impress for time to come!

3 Likes

Progress report!

Don’t think I’ll make the update before the year end, which is sad. But it’s not for lack of work, it’s just a big update, which is good!

Nothing more to say other then to keep my head down and keep working, so I’ll see you all then!

22 Likes