Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Wait, what’s the fetish for The Last Soverign?
From the splash screen on the blogspot, I’m guessing monster girls?

Not really. Only one monster girl as of yet. Really a mixed bag for the harem. Humans, half-lings, elves, drwarves, demons, goddesses.

But really you start playing for the sex, but by the end you’re playing it for the investment spreadsheets you make.

3 Likes

Honestly, the only thing missing from it in terms of aesthetic groups is larger ladies. Maybe someone will end up modding that in.

1 Like

TLS is pretty much a grand adventure that includes harem and kingdom building concepts. Lots of mature themes including politics and choices with overarching consequences. I haven’t played the last 2 or 3 versions, so I’m not sure what’s been added, but the main fetish am aware of is corruption. There’s plenty of vanilla and some bdsm themed sex for specific characters and places, but overall pretty mainstream. Absolutely no weight gain or expansion themes as far as I know.

Not really sure I’d call it corruption. There isn’t any real drug/magic changes in the characters turning them degenerate.

1 Like

There’s a few critical points that I can think of that deal directly with corruption. The elf girl who’s name I forget can be restored or mind blasted to a slut, same for the cursed lucky girl. Then the overall theme of resistance and relenting to corruption being both good and bad accompanied by a number of important player decisions. Corruption is a central theme, but its not quite the one way sliding scale usually represented in other games.

2 Likes

True points. I just wanted to clarify as ‘corruption’ can have a broad meaning in NSFW games. As you said it’s usually a one way sliding scale that has the girls go starting from ‘normal’ to ‘throwing everything away to be happily gangbanged by 37 orc cocks a day.’ Or the girls being manipulated and slowly corrupting into the power trip fantasy sex-dolls of the MC

Which is fine, I dig that kind of game as well. :slight_smile: Just not what players should expect in the TLS.

1 Like

Hello! I must say this was a very interesting project! I really hope the next update coming continues from where it left off as it left off right as the WG and such started.

Also, this project takes forever, I rushed a lot of parts I was not interested in (When you have as a huge cast as you do, there are bound to be parts not everyone enjoy! And that is fine! :slight_smile: ) and it still took me roughly 6 to 7 hours.

But I do look forward to the update! Well done!

Thank you! Glad I piqued your interest. No worries, part of the reason I made a larger cast was to make sure there was a little something for everyone.

Hope you like the next update coming soon as well!

Just want to give a head’s up to anyone reading. I plan to put out the net update on the 9th. A bit of a short one, but hopefully will have some things you’ll find fun!

Good news, I’ve found some plugins that will help make the game a bit more unique, adds just another new way to make content that is not just the default RPGmaker experience.

Bad News, I learn now that plugins break old saves. So, oops :frowning: Don’t worry I’ll add saves in the update that will start right at the new content, but sorry for the loss of any old saves.

This will be the only time I add new plugins that break saves. As of right now the choices don’t affect all that much save a little text variation, but starting with this next update choices will matter quite a bit more. SO right now my plan is to search for and add pretty much every plugin I might ever need, so that even if I don’t use them this second, it wont break anything if I decide to start using them later.

So if you have any plugins you think I should add now, please say now!- Or forever hold your peace.

Anyway that’s about it, release on the 9th, sorry about the saves!

5 Likes

Wow an update just before the gain jam comes out. I’m not familiar enough with rpgmaker and plugins yet to suggest any. I feel like a quest journal plug in seems like a universal helpful guide so players don’t get stuck or forget what they’re doing if they play the game in segments. After thinking about it a little bit. An enemy health bar plug in would be good for any instances of where battle is important.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I wonder if we ever will go see the Baron and his land! I understand the story is to be around this famine town but would be a fun little side adventure! :joy:

1 Like

Would certainly be fun! But I think my sprite guy might strangle me if I asked him to draw all those…‘devout followers of the Niss’ (who coincidentally all happen to be a little rounder then average rpgmaker sprites)

Maybe we’ll go one day :slight_smile: , but the main point of the Baron’s lands for now is to imply that this isn’t the first rodeo for our three, they’ve been at this game for a few years now.

Glad to hear, been eagerly waiting to return to the town of Auburnwoods, we can call this a birthday present :^)

2 Likes

Same - the characters in this game are phenomenally written and I’m rooting for every single one of them to find happiness and grow (pun maybe intended :p)

2 Likes

Who’s hungry for a new update? New link has been added to the OP!

8 Likes

So, i’m going to say this right now, this had a MASSIVE jump in quality between .2 and .3, just finished the update and where to start SPOILERS FOR .3, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN’T PLAYED IT YET AND GIVE A SHIT this is all my opinion so please don’t take this as objective fact

Pros:

-Quick burning, In .2 I was surprised at how restrained the apostles were in dealing with the adventurers, considering the Shadow Realm is there design, that got addressed in spades, I love the slow burning subtle weight gain as much as the next guy, but that is such a hard trick to pull, i understand why many people go for the Quickburning games, while i had no hatred of the slower pace, the fact that we got the people in the Shadow Realm actually having gained some noticeably was a good addition.

-Indoctrination Pt 1., the entire Heather portion of the update was killer(Pardon the pun). The idea that Heather and the other adventurers are being slowly (Lightning fast by Auburnwoods standards but still relatively slow) indoctrinated into the Apostles thought process, the burning idea i thought at first was a bit on the nose, but then having her throw away her knife to fully accept that life was the cherry on the cake, i could see her lying to please sebastian on the signs, i could also see her just not caring about the fake people berating her, but having her strip herself of the identity that kept her alive and is her only slim chance of escape, that truly felt like something she would have trouble with

-Goodbye Blue Sky, being able to understand more context behind the gravestones, while a minor pro, is still one i enjoyed thoroughly.

-Bite sizing, this may be me who was dissapointed by .2, but given how i talked how .2 was the set up to the fetish buffet of .3, i can’t say i was wrong, and the smaller size of the update honestly did more for it then the longness of it, it felt like i was playing a WG Television show, i dare say it would fit perfectly if there was “Next time, on Apostles” at the end of every update. The way that the update foreshadows and calls back different events within the update makes it seem that way, after the bottle episode feel of .2 (In a similar example) This feels like what the episode everyone remembers and the crew saved the money for

Autosave, I am grateful that you added those bits for autosaving. Having to guess where the scenes happen and when they’re coming was a pain in previous updates.

Cons:

Indoctrination Pt.2, I am so sad we didn’t get to see any Violet this time around, what i’m thinking her Shadow Realm is about has me tantalized to see where her story is going, and the fact that time works different in the Shadow Realms has me tantalized, the fact we saw Mauve so briefly makes me sad too, would love to see Lily interact with Mauve a bit.(Doesn’t help that Heathers part was, imho, the best part of the update)

The obligatory, I wish we did more in this update in general, but this is the obligatory hunger(pardon the pun) for new content from this village and wishing for more of the good shit WG content, but i will have to wait, oh well

That is all the pros and cons i can think of (As of the day of release) with this update, you knocked it out of the park with this one, well and truly, keeping the slow burn of the town gaining but picking up the pace and turning up the heat in the Shadow Realm. And with the teaser that The Duke/Baron(Can’t remember sry) is going to appear in .4, i am really excited for what is coming next, i would give this update a 9.5/10, with the only con not getting to see Violet after her month in the Shadow Realm, but given the tightness of the script in this one(I’m half tempted to call each update an “Episode” now) and it’s ability to leave me wanting more, I definitely air on the side of shorter updates more frequently, like a tv show, rather than the longer updates less frequently, that may only be because of my disappointment with .2 talking, but i guess we’ll see if that is the case in .4 :^)

Tl;Dr Definitely the best update yet and one that will be reasonably difficult to top in future, wish we got to see the fate of Violet but loved seeing the Heather go deeper into the embrace of the Niss, Feast was pretty good too, stoked for .4

3 Likes

Thanks you for both the thorough and incredibly flattering review!

Quick burning: I’m happy the faster pace of those in the Shadow place works! As you might have picked up from Sebastian, they care a lot less about being gentle and are more then happy to be a bit forceful.
And on a technical note don’t give me all the credit :slight_smile: CJ-X4 Did a wonderful job with the chubby sprites!

Indoctrination: Yay! Heather was a lot of fun to make both story and mechanically, so I’m happy it was fun! And as some might have picked up the ‘subtle clues’ I leave, I really really like the story behind the character gaining weight as much as the physical weight itself. So I look forward to telling the story of Heather’s mental change as long with her expanding bubble butt. (Or stories as Heather’s tale can go a few ways.)

Goodbyeblue sky- Hey nice! Wasn’t sure how many people would check on the grave-markers! I considered putting sparkles on them, but it’s not anything there that is CRITICAL to the story, so instead it’s just a little "easter egg’ to anyone who searches for that extra lore.

Bitesizing- Yeah sorry about the smaller and smaller updates :frowning: I think I spent a bit to much on mechanics and not enough time on story this time, but that will change with the next! But it sounds like a bit better pacing helped make this update a bit more short and sweet. And I wish it was a TV show, making week to week releases!

Cons- You wanted to see more of the characters! Hey I’ll take that as a con and a complement that your invested! A conplement! (Sorry.) Don’t worry you’ll see more of them yet! Any character that didn’t get much time in this update will be higher on the list to get some spotlight on the next.

(Small note, the tease at the end was for “Penny” who isn’t actually related to the Baron. I’d scold you for mixing up my AMAZING AND NEVER CONFUSING lore, but I often mix up Sam and Steph in my head so no worries)

TLDR- Once again thank you both for playing and sharing your thoughts, it really is motivation to keep making this game!

1 Like

Ok, so I’m only part way through (as I’m not done, I have no idea how much content there is total, but after 6 hours there was a LOT more content than I expected for a game in 0.X versioning.) and WOW, how did I not hear about this game sooner? I kept expecting to run into shortcuts somewhere, but there’s just so much story here! I’m commenting now because real world obligations have prevented me from continuing play.

Just in case someone wants to judge the speed I played through at, I’m just after the first(?) full sweep of the memory room, and I saved after Sebastian got sent to his room to chill. Looking forward to finishing what there is… as soon as real life issues let me. And I need a break, probably. Yeah, that’d be smart, probably. xD

1 Like

I went through the update, and the files. I’m not sure if it’s a dream sequence that I may have missed, but I never expected Heather to be the one to overeat until… well you would have to delve into the files to find out.