Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Then yeah, the main three will ensure the town doesn’t have to worry about a thing in the future…

going to guess they end up fattining the village

1 Like

had the same issue, fixed by copy/pasting the audio bin from the first d/l into the second - there were like 40 files missing or so.

Love the game btw. Haven’t seen a game on this forum with such a strong tone before. Digging the bits of worldbuilding, etc. Interesting to be playing as the villain characters, though they’re all wearing their nice masks right now.

2 Likes

@hhtp.awp
Dang, not sure how those files went missing. I do have…spotty internet though so it probably is my fault.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad the approach worked, and hope the rest of the game is fun!!

I was trying to figure out what else I needed to do before Mass but while doing so I returned to the Mayor’s house with Sabastian and the scripted event where you diagnose the Mayor’s illness triggered again…

All this realtime bug reporting and feedback is kinda fun, this is like mission control

I was able to finish up what is currently available and so far I think it is very solid. Other than the initial bug with not being able to leave the Mayor’s house, I didn’t run into any major bugs.

I like that there is some depth to the game beyond just fattening up people, the story and characters are more fleshed out than a lot of RPGs. I think that having the game entirely focused on the town is a great choice as it lets you put a lot more emphasis on each character. I hope that saves will be compatible with future versions and if not, I hope you can provide saves on new versions as the intro is quite long. The game really started to pick up steam towards the end of the current version and I am really looking forward to what happens next. The game is certainly a slow burn but I really enjoyed it and hope to see more in the future.

The room at the end that shows all the villagers with their current and initial weight is a great idea to let people see the progress in the town.

2 Likes

wow i just finished it and its absolultly amazing i love the story i love the characters

Shit man that was only volume one man this is some good shit hell it even got me to cry at one point. This is honestly one of the best experiences I ever had with a game on this site.

5 Likes

I don’t know how far into this game I am, but it is RIDICULOUSLY good. You could use an editor, but, man, the writing is amazing, and the game mechanics are likewise amazing. This is just incredibly impressive. I hope you keep making games like this.

3 Likes

Wow! I think the other comments speak for me as well, this is great and I’m super excited to see this continuing! :smiley:

I got up to the part where Lily was talking to the five girls in the weird basement room, which I think is the current ending, but is there anything off to the side I may have missed? ExtrudedSquared made a reference to a room that showed weight progression, but since there really hasn’t been any weight gain yet I may be wrong on that one.

2 Likes

Well done! Well done indeed! This is one of the most promising starts to a game I’ve seen on this site so far. Little to no combat either, primarily story, which is a huge plus for me.

I will keep my eyes on this. Also, if you’re looking for a proofreader, I’m willing to offer my assistance.

3 Likes

I’m also having this problem - it started after Paul’s house, but doing a save-quit-restart stops it for a while, then it comes back without going back to that location. I’m not sure if it’s the odd characters in the file names, maybe running out of open file descriptors (or whatever the windows equivalent is), or just one bad audio file?

But, a really nice game so far, and what a first post to the forum!

I’m loving this so far, even if you could probably use a proofreader.

I think I have a bug to report, though. At the Midwinter feast, when you’re playing as the mayor’s wife and talking to everyone, when you speak to the mayor and select “Yes”, the game never progresses to the next scene - it’s just stuck on the black screen forever.

For context, I used the most recent version of the game as of time of writing, with the audio patched just in case. I chose Gretel for all events, if that is relevant. I tested this having talked to everybody else, and nobody else.

Oh, and I also experienced the Loading Error popup mentioned above, but saving and restarting fixed it every time.

1 Like

I’m going to assume the talk with the golden haired girl is the end of what’s there so far. Gave me a game over screen when they went to get tea.

All I have to say is that – roughness due to this obviously being a one-man project aside – this is wonderful. I think your ideas here and the execution of those ideas is one of the best I’ve seen in a amateur fetish game. I haven’t played a more satisfyingly written one of these since I played one of the Growth Academy demos a few months back.

The real strength here is the character and scenario concepts. The missionaries really ride that line of being people who you want to succeed, and people that maybe shouldn’t succeed. They’re also some really good examples of powerful characters done well. The other characters are good two, but they definitely steal the show. I’d make comments about the overall writing, but I was so focused on what was happening that I can’t go into detailed criticism. At the very least, the quality of the writing didn’t distract me from the story.

I think this could be something really special if you had some extra hands helping you with the art and such. Custom sprites and art would go a long way to making this great. Those text only scenes, for example, could really use some nice art to make them special, or the time and custom sprites to fully animate them in game.

Keep at it, and I hope you’re able to chase down those bugs. That sound file one really is bizarre. Was still happening even after I downloaded the separate sound files you posted. At least it didn’t hard-crash my game.

2 Likes

If you choose to lead the adventurers to the cave with the blue haired girl (terrible with names) you get a stuffing scene.

I have now finished what has been completed of the game, and my previous praise was insufficient. This is probably one of the best written games (not just weight gain games) I have ever played. I enjoyed it immensely, and can’t wait for more!

YAY glad to come back and see so much positive feedback! Thank you all for the comments. Glad to know my initial dramatic release wasn’t Completely ruined by that dang tree!

Big thanks to Grimmic the expert he’s given me some tips on how to fix the bugs.

Oh and there is actually just a bit of game left after the basement section but a bug with Violet’s fight gives you a game over if you died to cerberus then you’ll get a game over when you swap back to her. I’ll work on a fix, but here is a save for those who want to see it now. MEGA

1 Like

For the black screen it’s supposed to start play scrolling text on a black screen. I don’t think I put in any font that would cause freezes, but maybe it needs a moment to load? Can you retry from that point and just double check that it doesn’t need a few momments to load?

Other wise once again, I’ll just send another apology save.

Added what should HOPEFULLY be the last of fixed full downloads, Violet bug should be fixed, and Audio one as well. I just decided to pull all the sound effects in question, at least until I can be 100% sure of a fix.