Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

This game is the oasis in a desert. I am…the writing, the sprite art, the concept/execution is just…dear sweet Niss…I’m only 2 HOURS into the game and it’s so compelling! Kudos! Standing ovation.

9 Likes

Thank you! That’s very kind of you to say, and comments like this are always what make my day! Hope you enjoy all that’s to come!

1 Like

Monthly progress report!

First order of buisness for something that was on the backlog for too long, a fixed up Greed’s End!

(Minor patch, I messed up properly updating the final battle track. Sorry.)

For those of you who missed it, I (as well as other on the team with me) made an effort to create a game for the Game Jam. And while we made a game for the deadline, lots of things were either only half working or missing. BUT NO LONGER!!! For those of you who have never played, or are interested in playing again to see a lot more conversations between characters, I very much reccomend a play!

Onto Apostles:
It’s getting made! Some days I feel like I’m making huge strides, other days I work at one text box an hour. Just how it goes XD

My hope is that have the update just before the year ends, but I am somewhat unsure. I won’t put out a half done update just to hit an uneeded deadline, but I also don’t want to slack off, so we’ll see!

For the contents of the update, we’ll have Heather getting fat, Sebastian talking about a bunch of weird lore bullshit that won’t make sense for 15 or so years! Fats and lore, the center of Apostles!

14 Likes

It really is a cute little game to be honest! I’ll be playing it and enjoying it again. Thanks for your guy’s hard work! Keep it up!

1 Like

Glad you liked it! Out of Apostles and Greeds end, Kit-Kat is probably my favorite character ever XD.

2 Likes

Loved the fallout refences :rofl:

1 Like

I started playing the game yesterday and I must say it already is in my Spot 1 of RPG-Maker games ! It even surpasses Coven of Calahree ! Good job ! I hope you keep this up !

8 Likes

Thank you very much! I hope the game continues to impress for time to come!

3 Likes

Progress report!

Don’t think I’ll make the update before the year end, which is sad. But it’s not for lack of work, it’s just a big update, which is good!

Nothing more to say other then to keep my head down and keep working, so I’ll see you all then!

22 Likes

Take all the time you need! I’m sure I speak for a few of us when I say that I’d rather it takes time to make something high quality rather than rushing it for an arbitrary deadline.

6 Likes

I fully agree wiith Nop above, take all the time you need. We’ll be delighted no matter when you release the update

2 Likes

Thank you, that is very kind for both of you to say!

5 Likes

Rome wasn’t built in a day after all! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hard agree, whenever you release your content I’d be more than happy. It is so very worth it.

3 Likes

Happy soon to be new year all! Hope you are doing well!

Apostle progress has been steady and strong! I think I can hit the January deadline! Though as is the fashion is will likely be the last day, hour, minute and seond of the month I put it out.

I think it will be well worth it though! Even though the update focuses mainly on two characters, Heather and Sebastian, it is still rather meaty! I’ll call it the Big Ass update do to it’s length, and for another very clever reason that only the true geniuses can guess!

23 Likes

Hey I’m stuck in the flashback room after the fair, right before Bel’s feast. Is this the end of the current version or is there a way to continue the story?

After the fair but before the feast? Were you able to do all four mini games with Ed and Al? Afterwards you should find Bel in the bottom right of the map.

I found Bel and interacted with her, but the problem is that I’m stuck in the flashback room that you go to after you interact with Bel (If you’re not supposed to be in the flashback room then I have no idea what I did).

That is the end of the content. Sorry, you’ll have to wait for 0.9 before seeing more!

2 Likes

I shall be most disappointed if there is not a large donkey at some point in the update.

7 Likes