More stuff! Huzzah!
- A brief explanation of the Fields system is now available
- The roving character encounters from the Kau Village have been added to Hilltown
- More conversations with said roving characters are now available.
- The Matron’s questline is no longer tied to Miya; the last quest has been replaced with recruiting shrine worshippers. (If you’re stuck, being pregnant helps with convincing people)
- FInishing the (current) final Matron quest now also unlocks a reward.
- Starting the Matron’s questline with a male and having your gender changed will now also change that proxy’s name.
- Weapons are now a thing! Currently only an iron sword and wooden shield are implemented, but there will be more coming. Weapons provide a flat damage bonus, and shields lower the chance for enemies to hit you.
- You can also dualwield swords, you filthy Beater.
- The event for trying to leave the base with a proxy too big to walk has been fleshed out very slightly.
The next update will probably focus on the roster system added last patch; working with the roving characters gave me new insight into a better way to code it. Also expect some more Matron content - current plans are to have a repeatable quest to have more spirit pregnancies and spend the points generated by that on bonuses - potentially inheritable stat changes or cool magical items. I also plan to add support for the quest log in MaternalReads’ mod, so if you’re playing both at once it will track your quests.
As per usual, the link to the latest patch is in the original post.