<DISCONTINUED> Big Fatties - Blueberry mod addon (Joliair's Popping Mod now no longer required)

Update: Uploaded fix version with correct liquid IDs. Liquid no longer splash white particle (they were based off of the liquid lard) and all fruit liquids mix with water. Also added blueberry seed into the vendor, so you can now grow blueberries cheaper. (other fruit crops coming soon, all seeds will be moved later to the terramart on the outpost later.)

3 Likes

Small Update: Added new Cherry seeds in Vending machine. And Vending Machine flips depending on placement orientation.

2 Likes

Having a bit of trouble with the version 0.4.4. The pear seed don’t want to co-operate with the spritesheet they were given and opted to use the Blueberry’s spritesheet instead. Would any one know why my pear crops have defaulted to the other sprites?

(False alarm. It appears I was placing a new mod with a slightly different name so the older version wasn’t being overwritten. My bad)

3 Likes

Update: Added last fruit seed into the game. All seeds can be purchased at the vending machine.
Removed “on pickup learn blueprint” from the liquids. Alts will be gained when you pick up the fruits themselves. (mostly to fix the “Craft Generic Item” Blueprint)

Also, remove previous version when downloading this new version. As the name of the previous version was accidentally named wrong meaning the newer version won’t override the previous one.

2 Likes

Added our To Do list to the page. Anyone who is interested in helping, send me a message. Artists and coders welcome to help if this interests them. We would very much appreciate a hand. :grin:

2 Likes

Update: v0.4.4 is available, big thanks to @therd1964 for adding the crops to the biomes garden and forest. main post has been updated and To Do List has been edited as well. Feel free to view list, if your curious and/or want to help. Have fun!

2 Likes

There appears to be a typo in the scanning description for the vending machine.
machine

2 Likes

I’ll see to that, thanks for pointing it out. (“machnine”, pffft :rofl:)

1 Like

question: where can i craft the juices from berries and stuff?

2 Likes

For now, you can’t. You can purchase the liquids from the Vending Machine or spawn them in with admin commands. I will try to make them available via crafting.

2 Likes

Would anyone be savvy enough in knowing how to create a custom planet? I got some ideas for a blueberry planet with pocket of blueberry juice to be harvested. Basically taking a moon layout and changing the blocks and liquid.

If anyone has an idea or knows, message me so we can discuss further. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ah, thought i saw a notification pop up that i learnt the recipe, thats alright

1 Like

no clue how to make planets and stuff but an idea for a seperate addon that adds big fatties planets sounds awsome

1 Like

for the context of this mod. It would be a way to get liquids from giant moon sized fruits also would want to add a suit that could negate the berry effects so you can gather the resources without bloating. And obviously the atmosphere would be non existent as there will be no trees on it… Although I could make tree like structures that sprout out of the fruit planet and give plant fibre and more berries/fruit. Just an idea.

4 Likes

Dont know about the trees, i think sticking down to it being like a moon is a better idea (moons dont have trees or monsters and stuff)

you could also make the center of the planet to be a seed and the blocks the planet is made of could just be like a „blueberry block” that you can craft into juice or plant fibre, no clue what ores you could put into it tho, mayby make a new one ooor make it erichium wich would explain why the fruits are fattening as in Big Fattoes erichius is fattening

2 Likes

Another idea: an atmosphere that makes you bloat up so you need go craft the suit / special EPP so you can go down there and collect stuff
I suggest making the anti bloat EPP a new item instead of an upgrade

3 Likes

I was thinking giant roots that acted like trees. Think “Jack and the Beanstock” levels of thickness to be able to cut down. But I guess with no water to roots to grow I guess I can skip that.

2 Likes

As for your atmosphere idea I like it. Haven’t worked with atmosphere code before so I could be fun.

2 Likes

Mayby, in the future, you could make a plant like that wich would grow giant fruits or something and then make it spawn on planets, like lush ones or mayby radioactive ones

2 Likes

I was toying with idea of both radioactive counter parts that when eaten drastically bloat the player. These could grow on the “trees” that would grow on radioactive planets.

2 Likes