Big Fatties Themed Builds/Building Thread

I liked to use a combination of the Rusty Panels and Rusty Metal blocks painted white to make it seem like rusty versions of the smooth metal/laboratory themed blocks. The way I build is that I have the Rusty Panels and the actual building so walls/floors/ceilings and the Rusty Metal as the background. One of the other things I like to do is m have Rusty Panels in doorframe backgrounds for some extra variety

Erchius crystals (and everything Erchius related) is fairly mysterious and not fully understood. Some have claimed they are the remnants of the Ruin when it was defeated by the Cultivator, others insist that they are the result of some other eldritch creature, and with some individuals saying that is just a naturally occurring in the galaxy. Nevertheless, one of the things that has intrigued researchers is the fact that everything Erchius related seems to have one thing in common; weight gain. Drinking or coming into physical contact with liquid Erchius fuel causes significant weight gain, Erchius Raditation without a Erchius Horror nearby can cause steady weight gain, individuals turned into Moontants by Horror-tainted Radiation can spray enemies with a sludge that is extremely fattening on contact, and Erchius Ghosts can magnify the radiation given off by the crystals or fuel a lunar miner has on them, making weight gain extremely rapid. Scientists are still not 100% sure how to view this but are determined to find a cause for it.

On the surface of [REDACTED] is a fairly small research facility tucked away inside a small snowcave. Near the back side of the cave is a concealed hatch that often remains buried by snow along with a miniature security camera nearby. If you have the proper credentials, you will be allowed inside the reclusive facility. Once you go through the full-body scanner and decontamination chamber, you will be greeted with the central room of the building. On the east side of the building is a testing chamber on the effects of extremely high levels of Erchius Radiation emitted by Erchius Crystals. Unlike the rest of the experiments this is a purely voluntary test done by willing volunteers. On the west side is the staff area with a lounge/break room, sleeping quarters, and a medical bay to ensure the well being of staff and prisoners alike.

At the base of the central room is yet another hatch for descending further down into the facility. Floor -1 has a prison cell dedicated to the effects of physical contact with Liquid Erchius Fuel along with having the laboratory’s storage room. Floors -2 and -3 have variations of the Erchius Crystal Radiation test with intermittent periods of high exposure and prolonged periods of moderate exposure both being tested. On both floors is a massive Erchius Crystal sample used for generating the Liquid Erchius Fuel and chunks of the crystal for testing. Floor -2 is the control room for monitoring the crystal’s status in its antigravity containment area while Floor -3 is for storing the Liquid Erchius Fuel for testing. Despite the best attempts there still are low levels of radiation that leak out of the sample room which, though far from being dangerous to health or waistlines, still pose an issue. Personnel that enter the room are to avoid staying the designated hazard zone for over 2 minutes and staff are to avoid staying in the room for over 6 hours a day. Hazmat suits, lead-lined suits, and other methods of containing radioactive materials have no influence on the radiation so the best defense is putting as much of anything between you and the emission source along with keeping your body fat to a minimum. Much like normal radiation, the more surface area you have exposed to the radiation source the exponentially larger impact the radiation will have on you.

Research has still not found any biological reason as to why the radiation causes weight gain or even how the radiation is caused in the first place, but with any luck a scientific breakthrough could be only a few months away.

5 Likes

Boom! This thread is a thing! Got a little bored and decided to do a tiny build, mayhaps inspired by a certain hylotl sumo wrestler. Don’t accept any odd offers for scientific studies, especially when you’re led to an underground facility.

3 Likes

The amount of detail in this build is quite impressive. I especially like the mix of background blocks and the incorporation of various things like the block-built lard tanks above the feedie props. Would never have thought to do that.

Thank yah, thank yah. Just a lil’ something something, nothing too major! Good to work old skills in a new medium.

2 Likes

Just asking, but has anyone had any new ideas or builds that they would like to share. I have played starbound for many hours and beaten the game, but it is my first time using the mod and I would love it to see your guys ideas and suggestions!

.P.S
If anyone has any cool add ons that they would like to share with their build, Im all ears! :]

I’ve mainly been busy with other things such as the Fat Items mod and personal stuff, but I haven’t seen that many underwater or water-centered builds. Maybe an offshore oil well that drilled into a massive lard deposit, a submarine filled with overweight crewmates, a yacht for fat parties, or just a good old fashioned underwater city.

For addons, I would suggest Spawnable Item Pack to make resource collection less of a pain along with being able to spawn in items you wouldn’t normally have access to.

(Sorry it isn’t longer, I just have a lot on my mind right now)

Yeah np, and if you think of anything else, please don’t hesitate to respond!

Sorry the place has been inactive for so long

Been looking for this thread for a while because boy oh boy do I have content, but I can’t post more than one image per post.

Deep space cargo transport ship with heavy armaments.

8 Likes

Very nice. I’m guessing a Build Your Own Ship mod was used?

I have a mildly similar setup on one of my characters, albeit I used stone, and my ship resembles a tapered brick.

The question I have to ask - is the cargo ship hauling passengers/prisoners that happen to be extremely fat, or is it haunting a large load of adipose tissue, and, and the best way to haul it (for whatever reason) is to make sure it’s inside of a living, breathing being.

My apologies for not uploading anything here for a very long time. I have mainly been on haitus from making large builds in Starbound along with not really making anything new.

I don’t think there’s any pressure to make uploads here. Just do them whenever you’re able and we’ll enjoy them all the same.

(and tbh I’ve been thinking of making some contributions myself, so that’s something)

So I haven’t had much done here in a while, so I figured I might as well incorporate my current survival base since its restoration has been quite nice and overall have had fun just constantly tweaking it. For the base itself, it’s inside one of those abandoned Hylotl mansions you might come across, only now it serves as a giant mansion for a certain plump lucario.

Entrance #1 and traditionalist/shrine room

Main farm, Study, Crafting area + central staircase, Teleporter Pad, and Storage

Full storage room, library and entrance #2

Better view of entrance #2

!

Erchius spa, connector bridges, quite area, balcony, and guest bedroom

Main bedroom and central staircase

Currently the 'guest bedroom is not finished so there’s always room for future improvement. Suggestions and feedback are also nice as well

4 Likes

This is a nice looking refurbished castle! It looks all lively again after being a ghost house for who knows how long.
I also like seeing the Avali items I made put to good use in the bedroom, heheh

2 Likes

Extremely small-scale and tame in comparison to the rest of these builds, but…

Chocolate farm.

1 Like

hello, sorry to ask something after almost 2 years, but I see something in these pictures that interest me

I’ve been playing BF mod for almost 2 weeks now, but there’s something I don’t understand, and I think you can help me

in the last pictures, I see you placed the “floor subject”, can you tell how you did it? because every time I want to place it somewhere, it just don’t want to and I don’t know why

could you tell me how you did it please? (also, sorry if my english is not good)

Those are one’s from Mod Fatties, but I believe I just set up a really flat area and just hoped for the best.

So what mod is the armor from?