Burden - Text RPG about demons (and weight gain)

I have a problem with the game. After I defeat the boar I try to enter in the forest but my screen became black with only a small box in the corner. Any tips?

This is the my problem .

Use the arrowkeys or WASD to move (I forgot which), it’s a dungeon esque thing. It’s a bit abrupt but it’s not a bug.

5 Likes

Ok thank you. I feel stupid right now😅

This game made me get off my ass and recover my account credentials because I wanted to tell you to keep up the good work lol

2 Likes

omg i hit that and kept thinking it was crashing and gave up now i feel stupid :exploding_head:

I seem to get stuck at the flower. Is there a way to escape?

In the current build, no. If you meet the flower, you must defeat it to continue. Conversely, the flower is always in the same place, so you may avoid it by going around that square as well.

If you’re having trouble killing it, then remain in a neutral stance and just keep attacking. It does not react to an offensive stance well!

2 Likes

Is there any way to save your progress between sessions? I found saves wich work only in one session

Legit, the fact that you built for streamline and optimization makes me want to play…and of course…the demons lol

1 Like

Ooh, you know, the alert from your message has reminded me there is an update or something like that I should be working on! This spurred me into opening the dusty project file to see where I was with the update, and it seems like I did the majority of the armor and weapon systems I wanted before the Great Absence. I even left myself notes on what I thought I needed to do next; how helpful I am!

For the save issue, I just booted up my build of v1.3, got past the opening screen, and then pressed ‘R’ like normal to reload, and it took me back to where I set my save months ago, the last time I touched the game – so everything seems to be working on my end. Can you tell me what happens when you try to reload after starting up a new session? Additionally, just in case, you aren’t emulating a Windows environment on a Mac or Linux environment, are you? If you are, then the save file that the game creates might be wiped when you close out the environment, which is my bad, and means I need to post those Mac and Linux versions so you don’t have this issue…

6 Likes

So I was just curious, exactly how do you get the 2nd ending in this game? I only know how to get the first one.

My bad, it seems that you can save and load game only when you are not in any dialogue and i accidentally didn’t save my game last time i played. Sorry for bothering, saves are working. (P.S. No, i didn’t emulate Windows, Mac or Linux)

1 Like