Cards of Gluttony - a gay, weight gain card game [prototype released]

Thank you! For now I’d like to keep this something of a personal project, but it’ll be interesting to see how things are when it gets bigger!

2 Likes

super well made! Would love to see it get bigger! hehe

3 Likes

Time for a quick development update! Unfortunately I don’t have anything releasable yet, but things have been going well! For now here’s a preview of what you’ll see upon your first game over:

3 Likes

I’m more curious about the new cards, and in particular the new cards that will replace the overpowered “Fill your hand, +4 weight, +2 energy” Card.

In case you need ideas, I had a few lying around:

1. Feeding Tube: 3 cost, +1 weight for at the start of the turn for the rest of the game
  2. Recovery Week: 5 cost, -7 fitness, but makes all feeding cards gain +3 weight
  3. Big Burger: 3 cost, +3 weight
  4. Fill Em Up: 4 cost, shuffles 2 Lard Tank into the enemy deck
    4a. Lard Tank: 0 Cost, Cannot be discarded, +10 weight
  5. Wheel of Fattening: 2 cost, can either be +5 weight for the enemy or you

I also like the idea of using your own attack cards on yourself as well. I think it enables for more strategy.

2 Likes

Right now, there are about 36 cards in the game. A bulk of them were actually already implemented in the prototype, but didn’t end up being used in any of the decks.

I have quite a few concepts on the back burner, but it takes a while to actually get them into the game. To give a bit of a fun look behind the scenes: I have to make illustrations for every single one of them, come up with the theme/name/flavor text, as well as the text that shows up in the log whenever it is used by the player and the opponent (which are two different texts). In some cases I also have to write a significant amount code for some more specific effects that aren’t currently possible, as well as write additional code for the opponent AI to be able to use them properly.

As for card ideas, they are very much welcome so thank you for your suggestions! I definitely see the strategic value in being able to target oneself, I actually thought about it very briefly at some point. In the end I think it would get a little too complex and muddled, so I decided to just leave that to cards that inherently make the user gain weight/lose fitness.

3 Likes