Cards of Gluttony - a gay, weight gain card game [v0.3 released on 25/10/2023!]

Cards of Gluttony is a gay, weight gain themed role-playing card game I’ve been working on. The gameplay is a very simple and surface level version of collectible card games like Magic the Gathering.

The goal, of course, is to fatten up your opponent before you get fattened up too much. There’s resources such as Energy (used to cast cards), and Fitness(effectively armor).
Outside of the battles the game is presented in the form of an RPG where the player can construct their own deck and make progress on their character. The game features an overworld with various facilities, events and activities to partake in during the downtime between battles.

[v0.3 is now out!]
Expanding on the weight loss mechanic by adding consumables, more gym levels, as well as a “gym buddy mechanic” featuring none other than Ikem! Aside from that, there is also the continuation of some of the ongoing plotlines in the game including of course the main storyline, and a few new ones.

There’s a Web, Windows, Linux, macOS and Android version available all of which you can find at my website here: Oakfells

And it is also available on itch:

38 Likes

Nice game, was only able to defeat Cedric in hard once and it was a very lucky try. Really curious how you will expand on this with continous “fights” instead of just one on one. Best of luck for the project

2 Likes

I really like where this is going! Loved the art, writing and overall feel of the game! Can’t wait to see where this goes. You have my full support Oakfells!

1 Like

Excellent game! It is the first game since Smasher and the Will o’ the Thiccs whose gameplay was so good it made me enjoy an male-oriented WG piece.

1 Like

Honestly curious to see where this goes, seems interesting so far.

1 Like

Loving this and I can’t wait to see more, Awesome premise with awesome art to go along with it, can’t wait to see how this develops.

1 Like

Would you be okay with implementing an option to disable facial/chest hair for our opponents?

I love card games like Slay the Spire, and this actually managed to scratch that pleasureful spot with the gameplay alone. I super look forward to anything else you may do with this, this is genuinely great and fun! Impressive, especially for just a prototype. Excellent first impression, definitely got me hooked~

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words everyone! I’m definitely quite happy with how it’s turning out so far and I’m pleasantly surprised to see a lot of people are enjoying it.

@diorite Unfortunately I probably won’t. It would be a considerable amount of extra work if I separated the hair for each opponent. In the future, I’m just planning to have more beardless/hairless opponents. Admittedly I’m very biased for men with beards, but I decided to give the option for the player model so one could make it look closer to themselves.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Good luck on your game.

I completed both hard and easy mode with less weight than Cedric and I was wondering if he’s like the easy mode of the game since the abysmal 16 hit points, and if there’s going to be characters that can become even fatter than the main character?

1 Like

For now the plan is that the more you fight him, the higher his max weight goes in hopes of finally defeating you, so we will definitely get to see Cedric bigger at some point. The easy mode is meant to be the first fight in the game where I’d like to explain the mechanics and such. And since I haven’t had the time to do all the assets and writing past 16, I just put a sloppy bandaid on hard mode in the form of the Ultimate Card.

Characters that can get fatter than 52 is definitely planned. I may even allow the player to expand their max weight through some upgrades or something, or I might have it so the player doesn’t start with 52.

4 Likes

This is fantastic! The card game’s solid and the illustrations and flavour text really sell the concept!

1 Like

I was hoping we could get Cedric fatter in the future thanks for confirming it.

2 Likes

Man that was a blast to play! I like how you themed the decks based on the personalities of the characters. The protagonist deck focused on having them both gain weight and getting several benefits for doing so. Much like how when he wins he says that he is willing to get big himself in order to win. Which is also shown by how he has cards that benefit him getting bigger.

While on the other hand Cedric tries to fatten up his opponent while fending off weight gain using a lot of fitness cards to protect himself showing that he hates getting fat and actively tries to prevent it.

I’m looking forward to seeing more colorful characters blowing up with fat.

The descriptions were great as well it was reading about their weight gain when their character’s visually gained weight as well.

5 Likes

this was incredable!! i had an amazing time and look forward to how this game progresses! And also please please please let the player ex[and their max weight over 52!!! im hoping and praying a character can get up to the hundreds <33333333333

1 Like

I really liked this, I can’t wait to see where you go with it!

1 Like

Dude, this is amazing! It has a lot of potential and the prototype already is a blast, highly repetitive and thoroughly enjoyable.
If you’re taking suggestions, and if you don’t mind, I would suggest adding more sound effects perhaps? When passing thresholds like a heavy sound effect maybe? Or random burps when fed or passing thresholds? IDK I feel like it would add to the general vibe and personality of the game!

4 Likes

I definitely will! I had never done any sound design before this so when I did, it was more of a spontaneous decision to see and learn how I would want to go about it.

5 Likes

This game was so amazing to play, do you need any help to get it going quicker because this is awesome.

1 Like