Cards of Gluttony - a gay, weight gain card game [v0.3 released on 25/10/2023!]

Thank you! For now I’d like to keep this something of a personal project, but it’ll be interesting to see how things are when it gets bigger!

3 Likes

super well made! Would love to see it get bigger! hehe

3 Likes

Time for a quick development update! Unfortunately I don’t have anything releasable yet, but things have been going well! For now here’s a preview of what you’ll see upon your first game over:

3 Likes

I’m more curious about the new cards, and in particular the new cards that will replace the overpowered “Fill your hand, +4 weight, +2 energy” Card.

In case you need ideas, I had a few lying around:

1. Feeding Tube: 3 cost, +1 weight for at the start of the turn for the rest of the game
  2. Recovery Week: 5 cost, -7 fitness, but makes all feeding cards gain +3 weight
  3. Big Burger: 3 cost, +3 weight
  4. Fill Em Up: 4 cost, shuffles 2 Lard Tank into the enemy deck
    4a. Lard Tank: 0 Cost, Cannot be discarded, +10 weight
  5. Wheel of Fattening: 2 cost, can either be +5 weight for the enemy or you

I also like the idea of using your own attack cards on yourself as well. I think it enables for more strategy.

3 Likes

Right now, there are about 36 cards in the game. A bulk of them were actually already implemented in the prototype, but didn’t end up being used in any of the decks.

I have quite a few concepts on the back burner, but it takes a while to actually get them into the game. To give a bit of a fun look behind the scenes: I have to make illustrations for every single one of them, come up with the theme/name/flavor text, as well as the text that shows up in the log whenever it is used by the player and the opponent (which are two different texts). In some cases I also have to write a significant amount code for some more specific effects that aren’t currently possible, as well as write additional code for the opponent AI to be able to use them properly.

As for card ideas, they are very much welcome so thank you for your suggestions! I definitely see the strategic value in being able to target oneself, I actually thought about it very briefly at some point. In the end I think it would get a little too complex and muddled, so I decided to just leave that to cards that inherently make the user gain weight/lose fitness.

6 Likes

hi i just wanna say i adore this project and im excited to see what comes next

2 Likes

This game is great! I’m looking forward to future updates and seeing how this progresses in the future.

2 Likes

Shout if from the rooftops, shout it at the heavens, finally it’s time for an update!

Version 0.1.0 is now out and playable.

Apologies to anyone looking for more complex card gameplay, most of the work done here is more about laying down the groundwork for an actual full game. Nevertheless, the new opponent appearing in this update should provide an example of what the combat is like when your opponent has more than a meager 16 Weight limit.

10 Likes

Absolutely amazing update. Giving a bit more of everything, i was in love, world and story to not just be a “fetish” game, tutorials and hints to future stuff with the map and more characters and cards (even if from the enemy. Especially love the descriptions on both the cards and the different comments from each character. Was able to put a bit of a fight but still went down gloriously, will do my best to beat it all. Keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Loved this update, I’m glad to see some new characters and Cedric getting a bit of humility. And the fights are also really good and challenging. Especially the last guy, or who is maybe the last guy, I feel like I’m getting closer to defeating him, if he is defeatable that is. :sweat_smile:

But yeah, love the update and I can’t wait to see whay is next for this great game. :grin:

2 Likes

after fighting that guy a couple of times, it is possible to defeat him and definitely worth it, imo

2 Likes

Oh God… Welp, think I know what I’m going to try to do for the rest of the night. :smile:

2 Likes

Time for the grind (honestly i already tried like 3 times and im stuck on what to do).

2 Likes

Do you happen to have any tips? Been going for hours, even got my guy to 18 starting weight, and in one fight against the last guy, I started with 24ish weight and still lost. Was it just the luck of the cards or do you have a certain deck that did it?

1 Like

are you talking about tom or vernon because if it’s the latter I haven’t beaten him only the other guy which is what I assumed you meant, lol

1 Like

i was thiking of maily using fit cards and going for a more passsive aproach even if he has that card that ignores fit he just has 1 or 2 and honestly getting hit with 2 weight instead of like 10 seems better

1 Like

It was an awesome update I enjoyed the card game and word building that you did for the game. Also like strategy for the deck building its pretty interesting once you know what you’re doing. You are doing a great job can’t wait to play more!

2 Likes

Too hard. Remove the learning part in the front that handicaps you at mid 20s weight and maybe you would have a chance with the guy in the forest. Starting at 25 against the guy in the forest that has so many fit cards is a guaranteed loss everytime.

2 Likes

I’ve beaten him. You just have to play extremely defensively. If you’re talking about Tom, that is. I don’t know if it’s possible to beat Vernon

2 Likes

Its possible I accomplished that today actually. It takes some management making sure you don’t get too big facing Tom and also quite a bit of luck. My strategy was emptying my deck as fast as possible and using hungry for more when my deck was empty for the bonus weight gain.

3 Likes