Cards of Gluttony - a gay, weight gain card game [v0.3 released on 25/10/2023!]

Typo

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

This is a really nice addition and game to add here! I look forward to seeing you continue progressing since I was surprised to see it came past the prototype demo! Very well done!

The one thing I would give criticism for is that: I am not a big fan of how card draw does not reset the graveyard. I keep on playing draw cards when I have 0 in my deck and that means I just wasted a card for no reason. Normally a card collection game tends to have your deck reset when you draw a card so that it still functions, but I do see how that could be a problem if you build a deck all around getting energy and drawing cards. So I am not saying it is a bad design choice since it stops one from doing very long loops of gameplay. Therefore I cannot say if it is worth the hurdle to make draw cards in a 0 deck reset the graveyard or not, but it would mean less chance of mistakenly playing draw cards for no reason. :slight_smile:

But like I said! Keep this up I really enjoyed playing this past Prototype to what you have now! It got lot of promise!

2 Likes

I’ve also found that irritating sometimes - but on another hand, it makes the game somewhat more challenging…
I’ve also played the first demo, and adding the plot makes the game more enjoyable. I was positively surprised by the plotline, and I’m waiting to see how the fate of the MC will turn later…

3 Likes

Played around with it for a while, interestingly enough, I kind of liked the old version, curious to know whether anyone still has the first iteration of the game.

i am also curious to see if theres any way to play the older version. i love the new version but the original had some cool cards id like to take a peek at again. excited to see how the game progresses btw! but take your time and dont all those people rushing you on itchio get to ya!

1 Like

I don’t really plan on making older versions available, but at the very least, all the cards are still in the game. I just need to get around to designing opponents that use them :smiley:

And not to worry, I know better than to dwell on internet comments :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That reminds me, have you ever thought about making a Discord server dedicated for game discussion? I do want to share feedback there since I only lurk around here time to time and may find the post buried after some time.

2 Likes

I’ve definitely thought about it! But I don’t really have the time or energy to maintain and moderate such a community, so it’s unlikely to happen in the near future.

If you want to share feedback though, you can also message me on any of the social media platforms, there’s a Contacts tab on my website that lists them all!

2 Likes

Hey everybody! It’s been a while since the last update, but v0.2 is now out!

I’ve done a lot of work on the overworld and added a lot more interactable things, like facilities and minigames. There’s also a new mechanic in battles: Statuses, although the card game portion isn’t exactly the focus of this update. (If you’d like to hear about all the additions in more detail, there is a Development Log with patch notes on the game’s itch page)

There’s also a macOS version now, as well as better controls for Android! Note that this will probably be the last version available for Web Browsers, as the game is starting to get too big to serve over HTML.

7 Likes

Who is the second new enemy besides Darwin?

There needs to be a way to skip the tutorial part.

1 Like

So where do I find the new enemies?

@Oakfells Loving the game so far!
Would there be any possibilities for different body types for the player character in the future?

1 Like

Ye can someone please tell where we can find the new enemies?

One of them (Darwin) you run into after talking to the fisherman enough times. Basically just go fishing every friday, saturday, and sunday. I don’t know where the other new enemy is though

The other fight seems to be the Barber (Beau). Unless im missing something since he isnt an “enemy” but you do challenge him.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing a new update. It feels a bit “short”, specially since by having a strict time limit doesnt allow you to test more unless you go back to a previous save but i can understand that the small additions can bring a lot for future updates. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Lovely update!

Favorite bits:
–Darwin is a fun take on a control deck (haven’t gotten to Beau yet)
–The whole fishing relationship development is cute!
–The gym minigame has I think the right amount of strategy without being overly stressful
–The fishing minigame is nice and breezy. There’s room to add more interactivity, but i think it’s fine as-is
–I like the idea of card crafting, and only getting to make one at a time feels right for balance (at least at the moment)
–Interested in the idea of overindulging at the pub, which is kind of hinted at
–Similarly intrigued by the doctor’s backstory, and i like that you haven’t given everything about it away just yet

Things that felt weird:
–It took almost two weeks of in-game time for me to slim down into the 20s. That feels like a long time when enemies like Darwin can blimp you way up so quickly
–I wish there was a more obvious visual indicator in the jogging minigame when the pace of running would change. Not necessarily a faster or slower indicator, just “some change of pace coming, watch out!”

Nice work with the update. Excited to see where you go from here

2 Likes

Regarding the weight loss thing, I do think there might be a small needed boost for that, to make losing weight easier. It seems like it takes all month to reach the 20s range, and one Fattener fight can really set you back by weeks.

3 Likes