Chub, Chomp, Chill: Simple Virtual Fatty (Version 0.5 Out Now!)

UPDATE 11/24/22
VERSION 0.5 is now available to download!
Chub, Chomp, Chill by SolitaryScribbles (itch.io)

Hi there, everyone!
I’ve been working on this game for a while now. It still has a ways to go, but I think it’s finally far enough along for me to start showing it off.

Chub, Chomp, Chill is a simple little sim game where you customize your own cute character and fatten them up the way you like. Interact with your character in different fun ways and watch them plump up as the days go by. I’ve kinda been thinking of it as Tamagotchi combined with Tomodachi Life. But simpler. Also with fatties.

You’re currently able to do the following things:

• Customize your character. Including skin tone, face, hair, clothing, and initial body type. Make an OC, a waifu, whatever! It’s up to you.
  • Choose from 7 different personalities: Outgoing, Soft-Spoken, Reserved, Chill, Energetic, Airhead, and Stuck-up. As well as choose whether they are into gaining weight or not.
  • Feed them and fatten them up (of course). Some foods even have special buffs that fatten up a particular part of the body more, like the belly or butt. The more they eat, the more they level up, the more they can consume before feeling full.
  • Have fun flavor conversations with them. The type of personality you assign to them dictates what kind of conversations you have. Their disposition towards gaining weight affects conversations as well.
  • Change the room wallpaper to something that better suits your fatty’s personality.
  • Allow them to free roam and walk around the room, jiggling about as they do so.
  • Participate in things like events to switch things up!

I don’t want this to become a super complex game. This is only the second thing I’ve ever made in Unity, so I’m still learning a ton as I make this. As of right now, the things I really want to focus on are:

• Optimization and expanding on existing concepts

UPDATE: 3/1/21

The first alpha build is now available to download!

UPDATE: 4/3/21

VERSION 0.2 is now available to download!

UPDATE: 3/5/22

VERSION 0.3 is now available to download at long last!

UPDATE 6/24/22
VERSION 0.4 is now available to download!

UPDATE 11/24/22
VERSION 0.5 is now available to download!

144 Likes

sign me up, i love tomodaichi life

2 Likes

The screenshots don’t do it justice. Seriously, check out the trailer in SolitaryScribbles’ link, y’all!

Very excited by this one!

1 Like

Saw this on twitter, gotta say, I’m excited to try it~!

2 Likes

Definitely lookin’ forward to this.

1 Like

customization is cool and difficult (I don’t know exactly), when you are given a choice in the game it is always good and character customization is undoubtedly impressive, I hope there will be a lot of things to customize ALL, because the choice in the game is great, as I think.

1 Like

Looks great! Nothing wrong with simple. What program did you create this with?

1 Like

just tried it and i love it hope it gets better also for the non demo version when it gets that point i hope that the drops for when winning a battle increases

1 Like

I too, am excited for this project! Looking forward to the demo.

1 Like

I really like the concept can’t wait to try it!

1 Like

Really loved the trailer! I’m not sure if this is in the game but maybe the character could get winded if they’ve gained a lot of weight and are walking around the room?

1 Like

this looks very very promising :eyes: were you considering making little events where your characters interact with each other based on personality (and maybe weight)? or is that outside the scope of what you wanted to do?

2 Likes

Oh thank you! Glad you like the trailer :>

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea! I’ll see if I can add that in.

2 Likes

At the moment, it’s just one character per save file. So fatties can’t really interact with each other. That’s a bit bigger than I think I can handle at the moment, though that’s definitely something I’d love to implement if I could.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been using Blender for modeling and Unity for game design/coding.

1 Like

This looks like a great game for mobile, will it launch for android? and what is the forecast for the game’s launch? I liked the trailer and I was super excited to play!

1 Like

Funny that you ask that. This project did actually start out solely as an mobile game that was played in exclusively portrait mode. Heck I have an old Android build on my phone right now.

I only recently converted everything over to 16:9 and put more focus on playing on PC so it could reach a wider audience. I wasn’t sure how things would fly if I introduced this as a game that you could only play on your phone. I’m not sure how most feel about playing a fatty game on their phone, heh.
But to answer your question, if the interest is there to put it on mobile, I can most certainly try. A decent chunk of the framework for touch input is already there aside from camera controls. So possibly once a pc version gets put out, depending on the feedback on that, I can start working on a mobile version if the public interest is there.

8 Likes

I mean there seems to be a pretty large amount of people who would play a mobile fatty game, given the fact that the link I posted to this Android game I discovered 2 years ago got almost 2000 clicks- A small game on Google Play (FitFatFight)

Although I do like how the game will be on PC, that works just fine for me :smiley:

2 Likes

oh you mean fatfitfat?

2 Likes