Chub, Chomp, Chill (Version 1.0 Out Now!)

I’m sorry for commenting twice in a row, but i noticed something a bit off. The male somehow gets bigger breasts than the females? I dont know, i just thought i shoulda mentioned this.

4 Likes

Kinda late reply, but it’s fine enough to doublepost so long as the second post is useful- I.E. a Bug Report like yours. (Plus, sufficient time had passed anyway)

1 Like

Thanks all for the kind words and critique :slight_smile:
Sorry there hasn’t been too much new info lately. But I am indeed still working on the game. I just don’t wanna talk about stuff I’m adding until I’m positive that it’ll be possible to implement. Don’t wanna get people’s hopes up promising a bunch of stuff, heh.
I will say that the framework for the character creation aspect is pretty much done (though a good number of people have been asking for bellybuttons, so I might have to look into that). And I’m in the middle of the food and dialogue systems at the moment.

I have been contemplating something for a while though and I’m still not entirely sure what route to take. That thing being room customization. It’s already there to a tiny extent in 0.2 with wallpapers. But I was contemplating taking it a step further with furniture and whatnot, much like the Sims or Animal Crossing. That way, your fatty can interact with things based on what you place. Like dancing if they walk by a radio, staring at a painting, running on a treadmill, knocking over a lamp with their massive hips, etc.
The reason why I’m kinda apprehensive towards this is the amount of dev time that would go into modeling all the furniture variants and animations. I’m not entirely sure how much of the player base would actually care about that aspect to warrant the time put into it. Any input on this?

ALSO, maybe someone here could help me out with this dilemma as well. Currently, each piece of clothing made has 4 LODs. Those LODs then all need to have weight blendshapes transferred from the main body (which is currently around 20). Then the clothing needs to be touched up so none of the skin clips through the clothing. This is a very lengthy task for each article of clothing.
I thought I found an asset on the Unity store that makes object conform to other objects’ blendshapes automatically. But it turns out, it’s only compatible if the object isn’t a skinned mesh (rigged). So that was an unfortunate waste of time and money. I was wondering if anybody knows any resource at all that would be able to pull this off? It would help cut down on dev time so much if it existed!

3 Likes

The addition of furniture does sound interesting, but implementing the interactivity sounds like it might end up falling into the same hangups as the personality system.

Implementing furniture without as much interactivity might be easier, however. At best, it’d be wise to take it one step at a time, adding interactivity to objects only once placement has been fully implemented with a few non-interactive objects to start off with.

As for more personal thoughts, the characters and art in this game is really charming, and while the customisable face does help, I feel like the characters are missing a touch of personality.

Keep in mind that small additions go a long way!

2 Likes

It Sounds amazing! But, Remember, You should focus on the main functions first. One thing at a time.

And as for this, I’m very sorry, but I don’t know much about unity and things like that. I would tell you if i could, But, again, i really dont know much.

2 Likes

Any input on this?

I’d advise adding a few more gameplay systems first. Your game already has a great basis, but it currently has a very simplistic primary gameplay loop. That means it gets old quick. So I’d advise implementing a few quick minigames to add a bit more variety to your main gameplay loop first.

The good thing about adding minigames, is that you can get away with creating very few assets and code, and they can be highly replayable. The bad thing is that making good minigames is more of an art than anything. On this matter, I’d advise you just blatantly steal mechanics from other games you’ve played that look easy to implement. Peggle, Tetris, or even Flappy Bird would work just fine. You can easily find tutorials on youtube that teach you how to create these in Unity is just a couple hours, and with a bit of creativity they can be easily integrated with our weird fetishes.

You can look at past game jams to see how people have created some really interesting stuff that is highly replayable, and required very few assets, just by repurposing mechanics from other games. For example, look at Culinary Combat by CozyLad(Guitar Hero), Doughball Descent by Plubber(Downwell), Lickity-Split by ImpossibleSnail(Cook, Serve, Delicious), or pretty much anything made by Lachevite for more unique concepts.

It is fine if this doesn’t become the focus of your game. As I said, I do believe you already have a solid basis. Nevertheless I do believe doing a bit more on this front could greatly improve the experience of playing your game, for very little time sunk.

5 Likes

Oh yes, most definitely. I’ve been wanting to add mini games ever since 0.2 came out. Having a small handful of them is definitely high on the priority list.

5 Likes

Personalities are coming back in 0.3 :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Ooooh, can’t wait.

1 Like

5 Likes

It’s been a while, but I assure you, stuff is still coming along!

30 Likes

office

6 Likes

Things seem to be coming along nicely.

I already love the new conversation stuff, and that jiggle~

Can’t wait to see how this progresses!

1 Like

sweet, sweet progress!

Is this version already released for download?

Not yet. O.3 is still in progress

2 Likes

Good luck with that, so far the game is amazing and it only gets better, keep doing this wonderful job you do.

i salute you scribs. i wish you luck and make sure to take breaks when needed, dont feel as though to have to rush

Thanks all :slight_smile:
And just asking: hypothetically speaking, would a game like this fly on the App Store/Play Store?
Mobile support has probably been one of the most requested things, and while I can’t promise anything quite yet, I wanna know if something like this would even be allowed on the mobile storefront (though I know itch.io allows you to release android ports too). There’s nothing obscene about it, but the subject matter is still…questionable I guess lol.

8 Likes