Chub, Chomp, Chill (Version 1.1 Out Now!)

This post should shed some light on curated topics.

Looking forward to the next version! I have a lot of fun playing this for a while every new build.

3 Likes

Just wanted to apologize to you for stealing your thunder by hinting at announcement early :frowning:

1 Like

thanks for the maidoutfit

1 Like

Thank you!

Hmm? I’m not sure why you’re apologizing? You don’t think you did anything wrong?

3 Likes

Looking forward to all the new options and features for 0.5, and I wish you best of luck on being a curated project.

4 Likes

Very much looking forward to seeing what changes in version 0.5. Will save files be transferable from version 0.4 or will I have to start from scratch? And am I correct in seeing that you made the curated projects category? Congratulations if so!

4 Likes

You’ll have to start from scratch in this update. Hope that won’t be a major inconvenience!

Thank you! Actually, I was wondering, once the update comes out, should I take the opportunity to make a new thread? This one has been around since the beginning, and I’m not sure if it’s starting to feel a bit lengthy?

ALSO! Be sure to tune in Thursday @ 7:30 pm EST / 4:30 pm PST for a 14 minute Scribbles Showcase discussing the new stuff coming to Chub Chomp Chill 0.5, including the release date!

7 Likes

that depends, there are some Curated Projects that are 2000+ messages long (though admittedly only 2 projects come to mind that have this or are close to the threshold) and still on-going with updates, so if you want to start fresh that’s prefectly fine but know that some context will be lost as a result. whereas if you keep this one and continue to use it after the fact it you don’t have to go through the effort of typing it all over again and will only need to edit when announcing an update or converting the post to set update

personally i’d say keep this one, saves you lots of typing that can be spend elsewhere.

5 Likes

I personally believe that a new thread is warranted if you think that this new version is a big enough departure from the original version.

4 Likes

what are all of the badges ?

1 Like

I do like the new features like slow weight gain so I don’t have to make my characters gain. Always been more on the stuffing side than weight gain

3 Likes

i would like to watch the new features, my reasoning for not doing so is

A: i like to be surprised
B: I’d rather not have youtube change my algorythm due to what i watch (then again it managed to scoop some out as much as i tried, but i ain’t gonna yield to it.)

2 Likes

Hope you all enjoyed the Showcase! See you on the 24th!

Maybe I can make a guide of sorts when it releases, but I can say there’s 32 in all.

0.5 FinalTeaser

11 Likes

sounds like badges could either be a sort of achievement system or related to some secrets hidden in the game, either way players will be hunting for those, which i’m down for.

2 Likes
Spoilers for Scribbles Showcase

1 more click just to be safe

Yay! We have props in the rooms!! In fact, more than a bed!
We have progression aside from each individual citizen!!
We have working hats!!
We have BELLY RUBS!!

We have a higher weight cap that I probably won’t get to despite me being a member of the “Make 'em bigger” gang!
I didn’t even reach space yet!

0.5 is looking great, I’m surprised by how many new things and changes it got over these months. And the video is always a blast, I like the editing

4 Likes

ric-flair

2 Likes

good thing scribbles didnt get scammed

2 Likes

I’m still very new to patreon, The last thing I want to do is scam someone for there hard work. I’m still paying the 10 dollars to his patreon for the demo right? (If I were to instead of just biting the bullet and just waiting) I just couldn’t keep supporting him because of how tight my cash has been.

2 Likes

I’m sorry scribble if My deleted post came off on the wrong foot. The game your working on is simply amazing and I wanted to support it even if I could only afford a one time 10 dollar patron for your demo.

2 Likes

As much as I would love long term support on my end, I think it’s fine if you just want to give the $10 one time just to play the build early. I know for sure there’s a handful of people already doing that. And while it doesn’t make for the best long term plan, support is support. And I appreciate any support at all. And you have the right to pull out of Patreon whenever you want.

8 Likes