Chub, Chomp, Chill (Version 1.1 Out Now!)

whales
the fact you can just buy whales in bulk now made me love this game even more

8 Likes

VERSION 0.4.1 of Chub Chomp Chill is now live.

Hotfixes a few problems people have been having

Changelog: Version 0.4.1 Hotfix - Chub, Chomp, Chill by SolitaryScribbles

3 Likes

Hold on, sorry about that quick mishap. NOW version 0.4.2 should be live.

I really don’t want to talk about encryption anymore. Please. I dealt with enough hell from that back in March.

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware it was asked before. Sorry if it was opening old wounds was just curious.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this game. It’s crazy to see how far it’s come from that initial 0.1 build, this latest update really feels so much more polished than any before it. All the cumulative changes and additions just make the game so much better to play. The new UI, all the additional cosmetics, the offsetting of clothes, balancing adjustments, you’ve just knocked it out of the park with this!

I’m sure you’ve got ideas of things to tackle next and changes to make, but this is feeling really complete already! One thing I’d like to see is the ability to make clothing parts see through. The clothes with multiple colorable sections especially would give a lot more creative freedom if you could hide certain parts of the outfit.

3 Likes

Super cute and fun. Big improvement from the last version. Can’t wait to see what you add next.

1 Like

This misspelling is still there, just so you know.

1 Like

Does passive happiness apply even when i’m not viewing the character? Asking for a friend.

I’m almost sure it does not. I can also tell that the happiness point gain is only based on the viewed character, so a building full of lvl 1 tenants doesn’t give infinite happiness. (Would be quite cheesy tbh)

I know that the physics have just been fixed, but I found it interesting and unintuitive that in 0.4.0 the jiggle physics simulation seemed more tame when fps wasn’t capped and more chaotic and “alieny” when capped. Although when uncapped it had these brief moments where the jiggle got stuttery like when games make distant entities’ animations have less frames to save processing power.

Also, Scribbles, just want to let you know that, like Thatguyyounow said, you’re doing an awesome job! I hope you’re enjoying making this game as much as we are enjoying playing it!

(Gretta lookin kinda thicc recently dont yall think)

Edit

Sorry, I HAD to share this but didn’t want to make another post

Huh.

Something tells me that the dialogue is the same no matter the skin color

1 Like

Hey question, but how does one delete the old save data to start anew? I deleted the old version but the new one somehow still uses the old’s save file.

how do the items in the shop change?

It should be a button on the main menu down near the bottom.

It should change after every in-game day.

1 Like

Hey, got a few bugs to report

• When leaving the Closet or the New Citizen menu, the first colour of accessory #2 is stuck to black, no matter what is done. The same can happen to the third colour of accessory #1. Accessories #3 and on don’t show up on the character. I don’t know if it’s any different on the feminine body, since I use the masculine one.

• Random facial options from first loading into the New Citizen menu display as Neutral in the drop-down menu, even when they’re another. This means you need to select another option before going back to Neutral. It’s pretty minor, but I think it’s still worth pointing out.

• The same happens after pressing Random, though it’ll stay on what was selected prior to pressing Random.
  • Despite being greyed out, every option can be selected from the Closet, and affect the character after leaving. Only Identity, Skin, and Facial Marks can be edited this way, as the other greyed out options are empty.

• On the Masculine body, parts of this hairstyle have hard vertices, while the Feminine body version displays correctly. Probably not high priority since the focus is feminine, but it’s probably an easy fix.

I think that’s about it so far, I’ll poke around some more and try to find some more bugs, though.

Feels like the game needs to unhook food from fat and have food take up room separately than fat in the character.
If your capacity is up at 5k and you eat/drink 5k of something reasonably healthy, you basically just look a little tubbier, but what it should do IMO is swell the belly separately from the calories, so if you ate 5k of something, you’ll have a huge gut, but it’ll shrink back down as the character digests it.

Also, the game kinda needs something else to do, since right now the gameplay is just getting them bigger forever, but that can get dull if you’re not into mountainous meat piles.

Bug report: soda doesn’t seem to register “eating all” as eating “all” in regards to the bloat effect. I’ve had her chug ten in one gulp and doesn’t trigger the bloating, but clicking them one by one seems to cause it after about 3-5 bottles.

2 Likes

awesome game, but did the burping stops past a certain size ?

1 Like

Still working my way up to cap, in area 3 right now. Still, figure I’m far enough to give some new feedback might edit this later. It’s been hard to come up with anything lol

Stuff that seems like bugs (post 0.4.2)

• Burping when not bloated does seem to stop after some point, not sure exactly but it was midway through warehouse I think
  • Using max option on soda doesn’t seem to play with bloating properly like SRP mentioned
  • In the closet skin color is greyed out like it shouldn’t be editable, but unlike the other greyed options the selector still comes up and I can save/change this

Stuff that could be cool but not necessary

• An option to pay (a decently expensive price) to reroll the grocery stock early
  • Way to stop them walking, it can be a little awkward to use the offsets when they are moving around
  • Setting to unlock zoom, and a way to adjust the camera on an x/y axis (alternatively a free cam but I’m assuming that might be harder depending on how the areas are built)
  • Mega copium but some way to interact with them more again like the OG rub
2 Likes

After playing this for a while I do wonder if it’s a good idea to keep going with the current character model. After you reach the maximum proportions the character sorta looks like a bar of soap and the animation really start bugging things out, especially with the arms.

There should be a separate toggle for the eating SFX. I like hearing the stomach noises but hearing the same three chomps over and over, especially as I have to feed them more often at larger sizes, makes my ears bleed.

I think the character model is fine apart from the arms. There’s only so many places body fat can go while still keeping the skeleton relatively intact.