Chub, Chomp, Chill: Simple Virtual Fatty (Version 0.5 Out Now!)

I hate to ask, but…Is there a way to speed up the process of getting to the really really big sizes? I’ve been playing for about 4.5 hours, I’m up to 140,000 wobbs, and I just wanna see what the bigger rooms look like without spending 60 hours pressing a button

I have a bug, which prevents me from feeding my character, even when I restart the game, it change nothing​…

If you could help me to fix this bug, it would be cool

1 Like

There is. The fastest way to do it requires a lot of money and a minimum amount of levels in a stat but it is, and I can’t stress this enough, REALLY fast, provided you have enough food items.

What you want is to have at least 3000 capacity in your soon-to-be gigantic character and a lot of saved happiness points. Something like 120,000+ or 225,000 to be extra safe. That’s because you need to wait until you roll whales in the shop and 100 of those cost 225k iirc (you won’t need 100 to get to the 3rd area(well that’s embarrassing… turns out that you do need more than 100 whales to get to the 3rd area… sorry for the misinformation)). With enough whales and about 4 points in digestion you can get there in no time.

If you don’t have the levels yet you can feed them some roast turkeys, which are surprisingly cheaper than similar items, and mystery kegs. Both of them require less than 501 capacity. If you want something more caloric the jillwich is pretty good too, but not as efficient as mystery kegs xp-wise

Forgive me for asking this but… are you able to go to the grocery store? From this screenshot alone it seems that you just ran out of food, considering you still have a considerable amount of money. Sorry if you’re really softlocked

Oh right i will check

Ok I understood, in fact I lost my save the moment I took back my old character, that’s when it made this bug
Thank you for the small help !

2 Likes

Can I help you translate the game into Spanish or Chinese?

1 Like

I loved playing the game, I enjoyed every part of it but I have some suggestions,
first it is so hard to get a specific item you would want from the gretta’s grocery for example, it took me about 6 days to get the strawberry milkshake which i needed so i suggest maybe increasing the amount of items in shop? or better still make a rotation which guarantees the drop of all items which means if an item hasnt appeared in for example 3 days max then it is guaranteed to appear,
also another concern is interactions, i stopped playing after reaching the field but i think it would be great if the character could grow to be as big as the earth for example but im sure you already had that in mind

another thing which I would love to see in this game is more detail in characters, for example I liked the addition of the belly button but I think adding cleavage would be a great thing that I would love to see in the game
and i also have an idea, maybe in the late stages make a drug which can make them walk for example and they can move around the earth and crush things maybe?
anyways have a great day and I hope my suggestions help

1 Like

Reading this basically made me realize that using the weight loss clinic is, ironically, somewhat essential for weight gain. Thanks a ton for the advice, mate, I’ll be trying that later tonight

2 Likes

A little under a week and several thousand whales later, the elusive final zone is reached. It’s like endwalker all over again.

And the cap seems to still be going? I thought this was it but I’ll mess around some more. Edit:seems like the number wasn’t capped just the model size

My thoughts are still pretty much still the same as before, although area three still takes a good chunk of time (mostly store rng), compared to 0.3 this definitely felt a lot less tedious with the new super high calorie foods. Biggest thing hurting it at this point is the lack of variety through the process. Great update!

Also edit: I tried to use the clinic to get her back to base size and it did not like that at all, even getting things back to baseline after some fiddling left her looking like a bag of skin after liposuction. Ended up just scrapping the character. Feels kinda bad but wasn’t going to do anything else anyway, rip jousama.

4 Likes

…I’m not sure about what you mean but I’m always happy to help!

1 Like

What a good game, the update was very good for you, but if you do a future update, could you add furry? If you don’t want to do it, that’s fine.

Keep it up, you’re doing a good job.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you for the confusion. I had never used the weight loss clinic before making that reply, and I genuinely thought it gave happiness points if you gave wobbs. Turns out, it’s the exact opposite. My bad, lmao

Stupid question: what food types constitute “sour,” as the only thing I’ve figured is the mystery keg for everything.

Also, what does mayonnaise fall under?

Figured out mayo is classed as salty.

I’m fairly certain soda still counts as sour.

2 Likes

Not sure how this would be implemented without it being abused, but this game desperately needs some form of a “next day” button. Waiting for whales is tedious as hell

1 Like

If you want instant gratification just download cheat engine or something.

I don’t know why some of you guys insist on taking the game part out of video games.

3 Likes

I’ve had another idea, relating to the grocery store.

Right now, it’s heavily RNG-dependent whether you’ll have food that’s worth the money and time, or would fit any cravings. It may be good to take another page out of Tomodachi Life’s book, and have both a “daily” section and a “everything you’ve purchased before” section.

This would make it a little too easy to bloat up once you’ve purchased whales just once, though. Maybe the daily section of the grocery store would have unlimited stock, while the “everything you’ve purchased before” section would have a daily limit to it, of say, 100 items.

At the same time, maybe the store could let you purchase custom amounts rather than increments of 25, 50, and 100? A display that shows kcal count per capacity would be nice as well, so a mystery keg would have a rating of 16 kcal/capacity, while a jillwich would have a rating of 125 kcal/capacity.

5 Likes

I mean there is something to be said about the journey making the destination that much more satisfying… But I do remember that you could edit the save file of the previous version of the game without doing any cheat engine stuff. But for the life of me I cannot remember how it is done or where the specific file in question is in this update (or if it even exists at all). I know it exists because I did that a bit just because the currency grind was abysmal in that version so I just cranked the passive income up alot for one of my citizens and sat back and watched the money roll in, and then treated everything else as per normal.

1 Like

Wow, thanks a whole lot for all the recent input, everyone! I can’t respond to all of it, but I’m definitely taking notes and taking all this stuff into consideration (except for maybe the “next day” thing. No offence, heh heh. The game isn’t really meant to be streamlined as fast as possible. “Chill” is in the title for a reason. Though outside of feeding, I suppose there isn’t that much to do in the game currently, so I can’t fully blame anyone for that. That’s something I hope to remedy with the plans I have for 0.5).

In other news, if you don’t mind me being a salesman for a minute:

My main job wrapped up recently. It would be amazing to work on Chub Chomp Chill full-time until something better comes along. Though to pull that off, I’d need to be making around $2k/month to be stable. If you like to help support me and the game, I’d super appreciate it!
($2k is also the Patreon goal for getting an Android version developed, so maybe that sweetens the deal a bit). There’s a good handful of tiers to choose from. Hopefully something catches your eye!

8 Likes

So is there a weight where your character outgrows the warehouse? Kinda getting a little big for it.

2 Likes