Chub, Chomp, Chill (Version 1.1 Out Now!)

i am sad you can’t make slender man in the game

2 Likes

Checkmate

16 Likes

( insert sonic movie " i was not expecting that" meme here)

5 Likes

i did that but i have no idea how to cover the mouth with out it looking to weird. also if you are wandering why i want to make slender man in the game it is because i wanted to make slender man in to thicc man

1 Like

I think I’ve perhaps asked this before, but are there any plans to ever de-randomize the shop? I suspect the “I’m Just Horny” speed may alleviate some of my issues in the upcoming 0.5, but it really is frustrating to have to wait multiple in-game days for food items that aren’t guaranteed, and aren’t useful at higher weights.

4 Likes

No plans to de-randomize the shop.
I personally see it akin to the shops in Animal Crossing.
Plus, at the end of the day, food is always available. It might not always be what someone is craving, but that doesn’t keep the player from feeding them. Gaining can always happen with any piece of food.
That’s just the way I see it at least.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of it in Animal Crossing, either, though I admit I’m not a big fan of those games in general.

Mostly my comment is about the fact that there’s a really big “diminishing returns” problem as it stands, when you start playing around with the higher weights (ie in the warehouse and beyond). Sure I could feed the character a few hundred hunks of fried chicken at once… But one whale is still going to be more effective, and more cost efficient.

If you’re programming the shop this way for a desired effect, you obviously don’t have to listen to me, but I wanted to at least ask. and comment. Happy programmin’, Scribs!

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the input as well! Maybe someday I’ll find a happy medium.

2 Likes

i dislike how some foods can just be off the menu for like 5 days, i would get rid of the randomness altogether but if you want to keep i think a good alternative would be to make a shop where you can buy everything, but the stuff in gretta’s grocery is like 75% off just so that the player still has the option of buying food they want if they’re super late game, since the only real problem i have with it is not having whales show up for like 40 days in a row in my 46 day save file but showing up twice in the first 6 days when i couldn’t afford them. (maybe you could do like an order type thing where you can pre-buy food before you have the money for it and then pay later for twice the money but still have it “queued”?

5 Likes

to throw my idea on there I’d add a catalog where food is always available, the two catches i’d add to it is every food must’ve been bought a set amount of times or reach a threshold of a certain number (like for example to buy a cookie from the catalog it must be bought a total of 100 times for example 1 or the total quantity bought must reach 10,000 for example 2) the second caviat is while it’s available at any time in this catalog, it’ll be way more expensive, by say 2 to 5 times as expensive then if they were bought in the random shop.
it gives players the chance to buy what they want to, but still encourages the use of the random rotation, just an idea i’m throwing out there.

4 Likes

While I too would like the de-randomization of the shop, I think the major issue is that whales have literally no competition. They are the only reliable source of calories the “late-game” has for getting results in a reasonable amount of time. I don’t know any nintendowy game to draw inspiration from, but maybe adding other lategame food(s) would help, something silly like uranium pancake, I heard these have a ton of calories, or use the new badge system and have a “fisherman” badge where whales have 400% more chance to appear in the shop or something like that.
Just throwing ideas here

1 Like

I went to itch to download the latest version, but the link doesn’t appear to be working.

1 Like

i had that too, now 25 minutes later and it’s there. my guess is that it was being processed. but no matter, it’s out now.

2 Likes

i should note however there is a very nasty bug that messes with the appearance of a created character.
after accepting a design the hair, clothes, pants, and even any accesory are either removed or changed to something else entirely, on top of it all turning into a random colour. the mouth and eye shape (not the colour however) remain the same but everything else just gets very messy.

to give a better example Here’s a randomly created character and what it should look like:

And this is after giving them an appartment and checking on them:
Screenshot 2022-11-24 073102

i tried to fix it but then it just goes back to this image above

1 Like

It should be fixed now

2 Likes

that was really fast. Impressive :+1:

1 Like

Now that it’s (hopefully) fixed, I can formally announce that 0.5 is now available to download. I really hope you all enjoy what the update has to offer.
View the changelog here if you want.
Also, thank you for all the shop-related feedback. I’ll try to see if I can come up with an ideal compromise in a future update.

10 Likes

7 Likes

How do I get BP and Addiction?

2 Likes

Getting BP is an option when you level up.
For addiction:

You can only get it from 3 badges in the game, all of which are exclusive to Brenda’s shop

3 Likes