Chub, Chomp, Chill (Version 1.1 Out Now!)

3D modeling and animating fatty blobs is a real pain in the peepee to do well, I’m a bit surprised the dev managed to do as well as they did with that, though I agree there’s loads of issues with the model whenever anything gets too big anyway, it feels like they need to implement more corrective shape keys to try to get some of the shapes and sizes to mix together a little better, but I also kinda feel like the dev needs to add a little more gameplay first before refining the model too much.

I know the game is meant to be a “Tamagotchi-like” game, but even Tamagotchi has minigames (and evolution, but that probably wouldn’t fit here… or would it?)

…Huh, I guess I could see “evolution” being a thing in the game, basically you’d have to have a character get big enough, and depending on what shape they reach, they’d “evolve” into a new design, uncapping things so you can get bigger. IDK, I’m tired, I need to get to bed.

1 Like

The new version is a huge improvement, this game is really going somewhere. Thanks for the hard work.

I’d really like to know how I can start over in terms of starting funds. I made a mistake purchasing something super expensive with the admittedly ample starting moneys, but deleting all the characters and even deleting all the game files and downloading the game again doesn’t allow me to start from scratch. It would be nice to have a reset button. All my characters are gone and I have no money to start a new one lol.
Edit: Ok, I found all the files, deleted them and started over fine. But I think an in-game reset might still be a good idea.

Also, sometimes you get a really bad roll of the dice in terms of foods available at the shop, maybe they’re too expensive for how fast you accumulate money or there’s nothing the character is craving. It would be nice to be able to advance the day quicker or shuffle the available food items somehow.

I think trying to differentiate body shapes as you approach blob is a losing battle. Although clothing texture improvements and arms not breaking seem like feasible improvements.

I think mini games and scenarios in which body size, weight, and mobility have ramifications are the goal to making the different weights feel different outside of cosmetic difference.

Stuff like collision detection from body sizes and interaction with objects and environments and possibly other residents in the future are all really exciting things to think about if the game continues to see development.

I think V0.3 has done a great job laying the framework for future stuff considering it’s still only an alpha.

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps a separate model for blob then? That could allow for working on blob models without having to rework the lower weights while everything before blob can be texturized and polished, but I’m unsure how difficult this will be (though with different models it could allow for some particular variants of blobs…).

Mate might wanna fix the character shadings because the shading isn’t top yet.

3 Likes

Are you considering adding cheats or easter eggs to the game?

6 Likes

Small request: Could the new version perhaps retroactively re-apply my level-ups? I think my character lost out from the new update.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but are there any plan for there to be a nsfw mode? Mainly just nipples, the bare chest looks off without them.

If you were willing to go that route, having options more shapely chests, butts and maybe even male genitals would be great, but if you don’t want anything sexually explicit then feel free to ignore me.

Unlocking the framerate makes time go really slow.

I love the game though, very chill (LOL)

Has anyone had any problems with the time being frozen? It only moves forward when I leave the apartment and go to the store or the weight loss clinic, but it isn’t moving forward on it’s own anymore.

I’m really loving the 0.3 update! And the launcher is v helpful, thank you very much
My only real suggestion at the moment would be, is there somewhere we can view the traits of the food? Some like “liquidy” are obvious, but it can be a little hard to figure out what’s “sour” besides the stuff made with lemons, and whatnot.

message me and ill show you how, its pretty easy.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem, and I can’t find a way to fix it.

I have tried this, but unfortunately it does not work for me. I’m not sure what else to do about this glitch.

I know this is certainly way too soon to say after the quite large 0.3 update, but what i think would absolutely perfect the game, is adaptation for Android systems (if it’s even possible with the current game engine of course)

I continue to wait for funny animal ears

1 Like

I’d like to know as well

One thing I’d like added is the option to ‘serve’ multiple of a single item in one go. All that clicking can get tiring if you’re feeding the residents a lot of a small item.

4 Likes

For reasons I’m not sure about, the in-game clock seems to have slowed to a crawl. The good news is that the Mysterious keg is one of the food items in the shop, so I got something to work with at least.

1 Like

will there be a zoom out feature once the character reaches a certain size?