Corpus, yet another perpetually unfinished wg text adventure engine/game (new poll 7/16/19)

It’s been a little more than two weeks since I said I would have something in two weeks, so here’s a small status update.
I’ve got pretty much everything done engine wise for a first release, but I still have a good amount of writing to do. And to be honest, I’m not really feeling the writing right now. I had a pretty good run going but it just died off real suddenly. I’m going to take a break for a couple days to a week and come back.
Nothing dramatic is going on in my life, I’m just feeling a little burnt after nearly two weeks solid of working a bit too much on this.

2 Likes

Everyone needs a break from time to time

Pudge Lover is right. You can take your time with this, just make sure you get to it eventualy!

3 Likes

Alright, so small update a solid three months or so after I originally said I was taking a week break.
I’ve been working on an off on this project for the past three months without really providing extra info. The writing is still continuing to be a major roadblock as I just have been feeling zero writing for a while now. On top of that I set some fucking insane goalposts while still in the honeymoon phase of development (150 separate player description sections what the fuck), so just building up the motivation to start chipping away at it is a task in and of itself.
I also have a shitload of other projects going on right now as well. Pretty much all of them not fetish related at all, so don’t expect anything of that to show up here.
I probably will continue to be super inconsistent on actually providing information or updating from here on. At least until I fall into another obsessive streak, but I can’t say when that will happen.

1 Like

Well thank God because I thought you not going to up this game. Also this game very promising I will support your game.

I’m sorry but one look at the title and all i thought was warframe.

edit, im planning on trying it. What exactly is the start file?
edit two, i found something that opened a command prompt, it said it was downloading something.
am i bricking my laptop??

also i saw a post above saying youd basically add races by request? sorry if thats ended but if NOT slimegorls plox.

A whopping 6 months later, I’m working on this again.
Don’t really know why, felt like it I guess.
And boy, coming back to projects you haven’t touched heavily in 6 months is always a fun time. Questionable design decisions, insane ambitions, and bad writing abound.
I’ve also run into the problem that the UI library I’m developing with is reliant on a now archived version of java. Going to need to see if I can figure out some way of bundling java in the distribution or maybe consider even completely scrapping the current UI and starting over (oof).
Not much to say besides that really. Probably still going to be sporadic in terms of updates. A lot has changed in my life situation and I have a lot of projects going on besides this as well. Feeling motivated for now, but I’m not entirely sure how long that’s going to last under how much shit I have going on.

8 Likes

Well I hope things get better for you

I’m good man, nothing is particularly wrong in my life I’m just busy as many people are.

There’s no binaries currently available. If you want to check out the practically nothing that’s there, you’re going to need to build it yourself. If you need to ask how to do that, sorry, I’m not going to help you.

1 Like

New poll in the OP, vote about bob and vageen now

2 Likes

quick question how do I run the game.

I tried updating my JDK and ran the gradlew.bat file. It gave me this error:
Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper