Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

uhhh, i think the first one that was on steam

I’m looking at all of the scripts and whatnot and I’m not seeing any reason why you should have 'ported chapters. But then, if it were an easier bug to spot I’m sure my bugtesters and I would have solved it.

Would you mind walking me through your process a bit? What happened, where you went, so on and so forth?

In the meantime, I suppose that this is as good of a time as any to announce this, but we’re live! At long last, the Coven of Calahree is ready to be downloaded, played, and enjoyed by all!

In a land filled with magic, three witch sisters are about to reawaken the powerful Calahree. Play out their story as they spread the influence of gluttony throughout the bustling town of Aemple. As their powers grow just how big will everyone get!? Surprises await, as well as rises in weight, in this wonderful new world of porky prestidigitators that I present to you all, proudly!

Journey to a far away land full of magic where a wicked demon Calahree schemes to rule once more thanks to some thicc, (and slightly thick headed) sisters who are just the ones to help her. After the tables are turned and things go wrong in a BIG way, the wicked trio will need courage, determination, and the help of some outrageous new friends to restore the enchanted kingdom to it’s rightful order.

Players will have to use their turn based RPG skills as the preform quests for the local townspeople and earn their trust. Whether it’s elimination all the rats in the basement for an elderly lady, or helping a superstar nervous about her next big performance, these three sisters will help any way they can. Every task or quest they complete will slowly add to the belief in Calahree and slowly grow your own power as well. You’ll need to buy and upgrade your armor, weapons, and spells in town too, (oh and pack a few extra snacks for healing along the way!)

What will happen as the witch sisters’ Coven grows? Find out by playing through The Coven of Calahree!

FOR SALE NOW ON

[ITCH.IO]

or

[STEAM]

7 Likes

So I’m actually having similar bugs as Reapier. Also another to report when I used Delilah as a party member she followed me into chapter 5 and became the “lead” character until I got to 6. I didn’t port over but could there be issues because I have the demo downloaded still?

That’s weird - I thought that I fixed that bug!

It might be because you still have the demo downloaded, but I sort of doubt it. Wouldn’t put it past RPG Maker to be that fickle, but I kind of doubt it. I’ll get to the bottom of this one.

As for the bugs similar to Reapier, what exactly did you do that’s causing issues? Is it a chapter 2 thing, a chapter 3 thing?

So this is a screengrab for the start of Chapter 5 - Delilah one hundred percent should have been removed from your party just off the script alone, since there’s no variables or Ifs to it.

I’m willing to bet that it has something to do with having the Demo or previous versions downloaded, tbh.

In the meantime, if you want to message me on Patreon, I’ll supply you with a save that loaded properly :slight_smile:

Or! If you want to play through an especially weird Chapter 5 with Delilah in the mix, Chapter 6 does a similar thing where it automatically shoots Delilah out if she’s in the party.

Uhhh, ok.
First: sorry for late answer i was alseep.
Now:
I should note this. Whilst I DID make a new save, i did it without clearing away any of the old ones, though i did overwrite them.
Basically i went to most npcs i could interact with first, except for Malary and the tavern. Picked up the thief and paladin in party. Grinded at the the dojo untill i had like 50000 gold. then tried to go to the tower to heal. There the game tried to repeat the ending cutscene for chapter 2, got a blackscreen for the part after. I f5’d at that point, and then, rather than go to the tower, i tried to go to the tavern, where all the interactions were of chapter 2.
Oh now that i’ve read other comments, whilst i do also have the demo still, it’s kept separated in another hard drive. I only ported the saves at first.

Is there going to be a free full version for us poor ones?

After looking at every map and event in Chapter 3… I’m stumped. I genuinely have no idea how this happened.

What it seems like happened is that somewhere along that journey you glitched into the previous chapter. Where it happened, I couldn’t say. All of the chapter tags that I use are in effect and working with no conditionals, all of the maps are lined up so that they take you to the right places, so that’s not a problem either.

The best thing that I can say is that it’s a glitch. I’m sorry that it happened, and hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

RPG Maker MV can be kind of delicate sometimes, as I’ve stated earlier in this thread. Sometimes all of the pieces can be put in the right place and things can still mess up. I’m trying my best to figure out where some of these bugs are coming from for people and I’m genuinely just stumped.

CoC pre-Launch Bug Report Sheet.docx (4.4 MB)

Here’s a copy of the latest bug report sheet that we were all working with before launch. It doesn’t have all of the things listed on the v0.8. list (which counted up to 100+ unique issues not on this sheet) but all six of us were basically running into everything and talking to everyone trying to see what was broken, how to fix it, and so on for like two months before this game was launched. I would not have released it if we all weren’t able to get through it multiple times, so to hear that some people aren’t able to finish it, or that they’re experiencing weird bugs, is very disheartening.

That being said, if any other weird stuff happens, post it here. I can’t fix it if I don’t see it, after all.

For anyone else reporting bugs that they’re finding, keep in mind that importing save files from other versions will really mess up the final copy of the game.

1 Like

Okay! So! Figured out the problem!

Steam players are running off of an older version of the game. Itch . io players are running off of the most current version, but Steam kids got an update or two behind.

I’m not the one in charge of the Steam page. The person who is running the Steam page is getting this fixed ASAP.

If you’re playing on Steam, check for updates if not automatically prompted. This may screw with older save files, but at least you’ll be able to play the game without getting ported all over creation :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there will not be.

I am playing the Last chapter and i have a problem:

I cannot find the way deeper into the town, just the first town map. but there is no way to the church or into a other map.

Theres a way! Just not the way youre used to going. Try getting to the residential District and then working your way up. The maps are twisted around. But theres definitely a way through

1 Like

i tried anything, but there is just no way. i have no clue where i should search, any house i can access is closed and there is no way to a other map. and i dont want to fight anymore, but i didnt buyed the items for avoiding fighting.

Go towards the big house with the red roof near the bottom of the first area of town. Its beaide it, near where you woulf normally go to that part if tiwn. There should be a sparkly graphic there.

If you havent figured it out by the timei get home tonight, ill post a screencap

1 Like

There was nothing that sparkles, just the house. Can it be a bug because the save was from the last steam version? I guess its pretty unlikely, but probably…
I also already got to the end of the path to the church part of the town, but only “I cant go this way… i need to find another way into the town.”

Ill take a closer look at this tonight. Try going to the church normally, hit the action button if you have to, and then go that way. Im not sure exactly whats happening there, but i know you should be able to ge through it no matter the version

1 Like

Game updated, still unfortunately not working proper, guess I’ll grind again then.

OKAY NVM, my dumb brain forgot i had saves around the end of chapter 2, i’ll try to see if they work.

NVM AGAIN, somehow i’m stuck in the house of the sad lady, cus one of her sisters is blocking the way out.
Honestly at this point i’d just be happy to have a way to faster-ify the grind, cause that’s what takes most of my time.