Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

I recently bought the game and have been really enjoying it! However, for some reason, it “froze” on me after a while. By that I mean I could still hear sound effects when clicking around but the display of the game was frozen. Not sure what caused it.

Excellent I wanted another opinion before I purchase the game as I did buy games similiar to this which had a similiar price however didnt have a enough content so it ended up being a waste. By thanks for your opinion I but the game tonight and play it myself.

Did your Game froze often or was it only one time?

Just once. I had gotten pretty far. I think I was in Chapter 3.

Sorry to hear that it froze on you! RPG Maker MV is sometimes a delicate system, and as much of a cop-out as it sounds, sometimes things just happen. Especially with a game file this big.

Do you know where it happened? I can see if it’s a bug, but this is the first time I’ve heard of it seizing up in Chapter 3.

The only weight gain of the main characters is one witch. The other playable characters won’t gain weight. But a lot of other characters around them do.

I looked more into this and apparently it is somewhat common on RPG Maker MV when played for long periods of time. It seems to be a problem with the engine, itself. Not sure if there’s a fix or not. I’ll post the person’s explanation of the bug down below; I hope it helps!

1 Like

I never that issue before, mostly its things related to images not loading correctly and those are easly fixable

If you can find a fix for this, let me know!

When you say images not loading correctly, do you mean getting the message “image failed to load” with a retry button?

Because you’re right, those are very fixable! If you let me know where it is in the game, I’ll be happy to include it on the patch list :slight_smile:

I think I’ve found the fix! It’s a simple matter of changing a line of code. Here’s the post explaining the solution. It was a very elusive script error that eventually got fixed in later versions of RPGMaker:

I’m going to boot up the game after this fix really soon and test it out!

Wish you on best of luck on that

I am enojying the game a lot, just would like if the encouters be reduced a bit cause it feel like u get one every 5-10 steps everytime and its tends t get annoying at times

There’s a Hat Charm that you can buy that will halve encounter rates!

I’ve officially gone and done this with my copy - when I send out the patch and it’s installed by other people, this should carry over. Thank you so much for finding this! One of the best parts of having a longer narrative is wanting to play it all right then and there, and if this works then it won’t be such a gamble to try and do that.

You’re a lifesaver, thank you!

2 Likes

Always happy to help others! I’m glad I could be of service! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hey kids! There’ll be an e-mail and a patch coming out for those of you who have purchased it, but Coven of Calahree v1.1.0 is on its way. This is really just a big cleanup patch, but here’s a pretty round list of things that I’ve included:

• Tia’s attacks have received a significant buff
  • Artifact text removed from rewrites
  • Shirewood quest in Chapter 5 now completable
  • Tweaked it so that RPG Maker MV will (hopefully) not glitch out as much during long play sessions
  • face sprite errors fixed
  • “Dr. Balala’s Creation” enemy is now at full power
  • Gabby the White now has Light attack element.

If you’ve purchased it on the Earthbound Books itch page, you should be receiving an e-mail at some point within the next few days, and if you’re on Steam then there’ll be an update available.

1 Like

Why the game is only available for MAC on Itchi.io page ?

That’s a good question! I had to outsource the exporting process to a friend of mine with a Mac computer. If you export for mac from a pc, the game gets weird. I figured that it was better to put it on itch because, if the way I exported it was wrong, people could tinker around with the files to get them to launch.

That being said, some of the profit on this game is going to go towards a used Macbook that I can use to export projects like this in the future, so hopefully the Mac version will come to Steam soon!

I ask this because I didn’t want to play on Steam, and there is no version for Windows system on Itch io and I bought the game whitout noticing it was only MAC version.

Edit : My bad, I was just in bad timing concerning the new version of the game