Curious what the general audience gender identity and preferred character gender identity is?

Was curious what weight gaming’s user base identifies as in in regards to gender, and what gender you would prefer the main character in a game your playing to be?

Your Gender:

• Male
  • Female
  • Other

0 voters

Character Gender:

• Male
  • Female
  • Other

0 voters

6 Likes

My answer doesn’t really fit into the second poll. I’m NB but idc what gender my character is as long as they’re pretty

5 Likes

I would be okay with a male character because I can project myself into him (because I’m a dude), but I prefer my character to be a girl because I am more attracted to girls
this is if we talkin bout fetish games

12 Likes

Pretty much this, yeah.

Second one depends on the type of game, if it’s somehting like a visual novel then I would probably prefer to be male as a self insert. If it’s something more character driven, especially if it is the player character gaining; I would want to play a female :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I answered other for both since I’ve adopted a voidpunk aesthetic and the void has no gender.

I’m a girl who likes girls so sign me up for anything sapphic, lol

I identify as a guy, and like to play as girls!

Female play Female love Female.

Usually when it comes to characters that are basically your avatar, or are meant to represent the player directly, yeah, I’ll often opt for a character gender that is also male and a guaranteed choice if it’s a fetish game of some kind.

When it comes to games with more pre-established stories, and you basically see it through a controlled characters’ eyes, anything is fair game – cisgender, transgender, nonbinary, you name it! Hell, I like Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening so much as a character that she’d easily outrank a lot of the male characters I’d place on a personal list of favorite video game characters!

I prefer females (in gender not sex. Sex isn’t much of an issue for me) so I put that down. However I do like cute boys and femboys too. I put my gender as male but I’m over all gender apathetic.