D.I.E.T. - Did I Eat Today? - 4.30.2024 - Next version (0.25.0) just released!

Hey everyone! I wanted to share the trailer for D.I.E.T. Version 0.4.0 which is scheduled to release July 6th!
It’s still in development, but I should have it knocked out by the end of the extended weekend.
Reminder! It’s only available for Windows!

The trailer can be found here:

With that said, here is how you can obtain access to the game upon release.

Pledge to either the CB Connoisseur tier ($7/month) which includes - early access to Monday Comics, Wednesday “Erotic” content, Friday One-off/Sequences, and the Visual Novel.
or
Pledge to the CB Gamer tier ($5/month) which is only provides access to the Visual Novel.

Clearly the CB Connoisseur tier is the best bang for your buck, but if you’re just looking to play the game then there is that option for you!

www.patreon.com/coastalbunny

Lastly, for those of you who aren’t aware, D.I.E.T. Version 0.1.0 is available to download as a demo!
You can find the demo here:
drive.google.com/drive/folders…

1 Like

QUESTION:

I’m considering (no guarantees as I literally just thought about this) looking into costs for voice actors who would read the scripts.

Does anyone have some insight on that process at all?

I played the demo, and i loved it :heart_eyes:

Once im settled in my new house ill join patroon to get the latest version :star_struck:

I cant wait to see more of it

1 Like

Any chance you plan on making this available for Mac as well? The trailer looks awesome. I would love to get to play this sometime.

1 Like

Thank you! I think the demo is rather basic compared to how things evolved since so I hope you enjoy the main game!

I’m close to just pulling the trigger and buying a Mac computer to be able to do it. TyranoBuilder doesn’t let me export the game to Mac unless I do it from a Mac. I am actually researching right now while I sit in my hotel (traveling for work) the minimum specs for TyranoBuilder to operate on a Mac so I can just get a refurbished one.

Just bought one - hopefully this works. I’ll provide an update if it does next week.

Using linux

Apperently im already to late but couldnt you Just use a virtual.machine with Linux and change IT to Mac?

Ideally yes, but i tried 3 times and halfway through the MacOS install the virtual machine crashes. Spent $200 to buy a used Mac that meets recommended specs so should work just fine now

1 Like

Version 0.4.0 is out now! I’m getting a lot of positive feedback on this one :smiley:

2 Likes

Does Alexis path have a red option? I’ve played through it several times to find it but haven’t been able to locate the side story.

1 Like

Not yet it doesnt. Here’s how my release schedule is planned:

0.1.0 - Main and Side story Kayla
0.2.0 - Main story Holly
0.3.0 - Side story Holly
0.4.0 - Main story Alexis
0.5.0 - (in development) Side story Alexis
0.6.0 - Main story new girl
0.7.0 - Side story new girl

And so on.

2 Likes

Hi, just tried the demo and I’ve managed to lock it up. Kayla is standing there with an empty dialog box, the bottom menu bar and burger menu are unresponsive. I think I chose the path interact, don’t need to workout, you look fine.

1 Like

I’ve found if you leave it zipped that is an issue that can occur. Unzip the game files and it will work.

No, it’s not that. Game was fully unzipped and still locks up.

Are you attempting to use an old save file per chance? I’ve ran through that scene several times now and can’t duplicate the issue :confused:

It was the very first time I ran it, and first time playing - so no save files at all.

Are you able to repeat the glitch or was it a 1 time event?

The only glitch I can reproduce with the demo so far is when you’re in your own living room and the button for “CB: More to be added later!” takes you back to the button options of “Just saying you’re in great shape as it is!” and “You could use a little extra meat on your body!” - that’s because that button wasn’t supposed to lead anywhere yet.

Unsure if that’s what you’re running into or not.

It’s repeatable. I just downloaded it again, unzipped, ran it, start new game, and after turning off the BGM (it was nice enough) and maxing text speed (I hate teletype-slow text and would much prefer instant) I made the following choices:

1. Engage with her
  2. You don’t need to go to the gym
  3. Just saying you’re in great shape as it is

And it freezes.

EDIT: In this state it’s using no detectable amount of CPU, memory use is static at 179.6Mb, no I/O no GPU use.

1 Like

As @dingotush says, I also have had this happen to me in the demo and newest version upon loading it up for the first time. It has always only been once and around the “don’t need to go to the gym” line or the next choice of “could use a little more meat on your bones”. It would seem to be only after the first time I never use old saves and typically clear my specific renpy game save and persistent data between play throughs.

Can confirm, this only happens on the first playthrough. I exited, relaunched, and those same three choices actually go somewhere.

1 Like