D.I.E.T. - Did I Eat Today? - 4.30.2024 - Next version (0.25.0) just released!

Version 0.5.1 is now out and hopefully works just fine :smiley: haha

Good news! I finally have the game available on Mac!

I’m working on exporting the Demo to Mac at the moment - but version 0.5.1 is now available for Mac.
Note: I am not a Mac user. The Mac version will not have much support. I’ve ran it on my Mac and it works fine, but I wouldn’t know where to start to fix anything.

On top of this, TyranoBUILDER doesn’t support Mac. I had to download the JAPANESE TyranoSTUDIO to convert it.

1. I don’t know much about Mac.
  2. I cannot read Japanese. I had to follow pictures someone else posted just to figure out how to export it.

No joke, this is what I was looking at while trying to export it to Mac.

I’m saying all of this because, if there are any issues with the Mac version, I likely can’t fix them. But I have ran the game a couple of times on Mac now through the different storylines and it didn’t crash once so the exporter seemed to work fine.

If you want to make sure it’ll work on your Mac, I recommend you wait until the Demo is converted and check to see if that works for you. I DO NOT issue refunds for Mac as I have no way of verifying if someone is truly a Mac user or just gaming the system.

Edit: Demo is also now released.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y0mYU_2hkfHW0D0mtsO-JlREUh6VQlqC?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Teaser image for next update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m curious how many stories do you have planned for this? Would it be just up to 1.0?

1 Like

Honestly, the way it’s designed, it can just keep going on and on and on.

I can always make version 0.11.0 lol.

But in reality, what will likely happen is at some point I’ll have to make a new game (D.I.E.T. 2?) because the file size will get too big.

That will let me use some of the other features I wasn’t familiar with from the start as well.

Figured I would put this out there. I unfortunately was unable to get this to run on Mac. When I tried to open the downloaded game, I just get the error The application “WG_Game” can’t be opened.

Not sure what else I can do to try to get this to work on Mac, which is unfortunate because this looks like a really fun game.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. Is that the demo or full game you’re attempting to run? I’ve had a few people who had issues with it and I was able to troubleshoot it to get it to work.

This was for the demo. I figured I would try to get that running and make sure it worked before buying the full game.

1 Like

Appreciate that. I had an issue with how I packed the main game initially (as Google Drive’s compression breaks it). I fixed it for the main game but forgot the demo.

I’m traveling back and forth from work to the house this weekend, so if I have time I will fix the compression issue for the demo version and provide an update of doing so. That way you can check again if it works.

But if I don’t have time (depending on when I get back tonight) then I will at least do it by Sunday night.

1 Like

Should be fixed now. Hope to hear that the new download works!

That did the trick, thanks for the update! I really enjoyed the demo, so I’m looking forward to getting the full game and giving it a go.

1 Like

I absolutely love this game. The stories are fantastic, as is the artwork. Each character feels unique and yet engaging. I’m really looking for main story new girl and very much hoping that the next girl to get a storyline is Alexis based on the trailer… Christina could also make for a very fun storyline, but I’m definitely hoping for Alexis first.

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words! Alexis has a side story that can be found when she goes back to modeling early on (I cant remember if I made it a red option or not!). But when she is asked if she needs a moment and takes it is when her cursed donuts side story begins :slight_smile:

Whoops I definitely meant Alicia not Alexis. Silly me. You did make the side story for Alexis red (which is really an awesome way of differentiating the side stories). I just can’t remember names!

1 Like

I hadn’t really considered going back and doing anything with Alicia before! Definitely an idea for the future :slight_smile:

This month’s storyline is going to be about a girl named Hannah - she’s a soccer athlete. I did a short sequence of her originally (Soccer Girl - 1 of 2 by CoastalBunny on DeviantArt and Soccer Girl - 2 of 2 by CoastalBunny on DeviantArt).

I may be adjusting the method for doing stories going forward too - I put out a poll on my Patreon and over 70% of respondents said they would rather have monthly updates with new characters (either realistic or fantasy gains) rather than one month of a main story and the next month of a side story.

This month is the soccer girl. Next month is likely a goth/emo girl. The following month is maybeeee a cosplay girl (this is a bit more up in the air). And then I could certainly look at revisiting and seeing something about a girl who is a personal trainer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oooh college athlete getting fat? Now that’s an intriguing storyline. I’m looking forward to that one. Such a fun trope.

I do enjoy the side stories, especially coming right new into the story having a number to play with that I’ve never done before. But I can definitely see the appeal of a new character each month. It makes it feel a little more fresh.

I do think a personal trainer could be a fun one, but honestly I trust your direction so far. Every storyline was a lot of fun.

1 Like

I definitely think Alexis’ (the model) stories have been the best so far, one thing I’m curious about is if the final size will always be roughly the same among all the girls or will there be times where the girls definitely get much much bigger (probably something for the fantasy route)

1 Like

The problem is (and you see this often with 3D content) is the larger sizes just don’t look quite right. When I go much larger than these sizes, it takes sooooo many more morphs after I pose them.

For instance, if I do a pose with her hands on her hips, some random part will jut out from her as if it’s a sharp point. I’ll then end up changing a number of different morphs to get that part to go away. But by doing that now the chest is off. Then I make more changes which causes another “jut”. I basically chase after them until it looks semi realistic. But when I move the model I go through it all over again.

So I’m basically left with 3 options:

1. Spend 10-15 more hours for a larger size with all the poses (not worth it to me).
  2. Just blow the girl up to unrealistic proportions (I don’t like this as my goal is “realistic looking bodies”) - I personally don’t like the normal girl bodies with giant beachball bellies simply because they turned belly fat up to 10x the amount.
  3. Limit the sizes around where I’m already at.

Until the software gets better, Im sticking with 3.

And to see what happens when I do spend the time, take a look at this picture (far right obviously). This alone with 1 pose duplicated 3 times took 2 hours. Imagine 5 different poses with the girl standing which breaks it even more.

I really wish I could do larger sizes (trust me, plenty of people ask for it and I often base my content around my fans wants) but this isn’t my full time job and I can’t commit an extra 10-15 hours a week for the minor payoff. Sorry mate, hope you understand.

2 Likes

hello.
Quite liked the demo so i have a question.
Will you at some point in time make an itch.io for us to pay for the game or is it strictly a patreon only game’s?

I’ve got no current plans to make an itch.io for the game. Would need to look more into this.