D.I.E.T. - Did I Eat Today? - 4.30.2024 - Next version (0.25.0) just released!

Just wanted that so I can play on the go

1 Like

I have tried in the past to make it work but havent gotten it running before. Currently, the joiplay app sometimes works but it’s an unsupported format

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks for letting me know maybe one of people or developer can help you but thanks for letting me know can you make an mega demo version of the file because its faster plus save progress for me

1 Like

Well trying to download this demo is reminding me how much I hate trying to download large files from google drive, keeps getting to around 5 gb downloaded then having a “network error” :sob:

3 Likes

Coastalbunny must be very busy haven’t heard from that creator for like 2 days I’m just gonna wait and see if coastalbunny will make mega file version of the demo

1 Like

If anybody have an demo version of the mega file version can I download the file bc it’s taking forever for me download because network error without saving the progress of the download because every 30 - 40 min my wifi flickers 2 seconds but at least if anyone can help me out by making an mega file version of the demo I’m good

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been MIA. Been grinding out the project (this is crunch time for me).

But rest assured, I’ve heard you and the others who have commented about Google Drive’s issues.

With that said, I will be adjusting things soon to include MEGA as an option.
I’m also working with someone else in the community who is working on scripting processes for having different download size options available too. This will help slow down the rate that a file triggers the error rates.

The MEGA for the demo will likely be implemented tomorrow (no promises) but depends on how things go with the current update.

Thanks for standing by and voicing your thoughts on this! Let’s me know where I need to focus on outside of the traditional commitments I have to my Patrons & Followers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, the demo is currently nearly 6GB for Windows, and MEGA only allows for 5GB of downloads within a certain period for non-Pro users. So for most users, the download will forcibly pause at the 5GB mark and (hopefully) resume six hours later, assuming nothing breaks.

Image compression, such as from PNG to WebP, might be something to look into as your game continues to grow, although I have no idea how well Tyranobuilder supports WebP. At some point, you’re likely going to have to look into a dedicated host, be it a website and server or a storefront like itch.io.

3 Likes

Fortunately the previous version was tested using a script which converts all images from png to webp as well as reviews the in game lines of code and replaces the file references from .png to .webp which has resulted in the game functioning.

The problem is that I can’t simply convert images to webp and then create the updates as I normally would using the TyranoBuilder interface doesn’t see the webp in the creator ui, but does see and work with the actual gameplay (weird right?).

I’m also going to be utilizing a Pro version of MEGA. From what it said (unless I misunderstood) the Transfer Sharing limit I selected can be “shared” with non-MEGA users. Essentially, I have an 8 TB transfer limit each month that people can tap into in order to download their update from MEGA.

And this next version is kinda big… the file size jumped to 7.9 GB. Some of that was due to the image quality. I’ll definitely be using the compression format soon, but I want to get this update out first before I go about tweaking it with the new compression format I’m not as familiar with yet.

1 Like

The next update just dropped! This one focuses on Kayla’s best friend, Alicia - the personal trainer!

You can find this on my Patreon as per usual. Thanks again for all the support!

Oh, and FYI - Google Drive & MEGA download links available on Patreon this time ;p

2 Likes

Another FYI -

The demo now also contains a link for MEGA. However, I have yet to update the demo for Mac.

Currently, Windows demo sits on 0.13.0 and Mac demo on 0.7.1.

2 Likes

Right now I am playing your latest window demo and I like what I see so far however find that I have game mechanics issues such as:

1. How do you advance time? Is reading the book the only way? You should allow clicking on the day/night phases to advance to that point in time at least.
  2. Having arrows and action buttons only appear when you mouse on them makes the choice taking harder than it should be. They should always be displayed, unless you haven’t met a condition that would spawn them. Example: Took forever to figure out how to eat the food on the plates when the feeder lady laid them out on the table in front of you. That “Eat” should have been displayed upfront.
  3. Some of the events don’t do anything like relaxing on the beach towel under the umbrella and is just a waste to go there, or after meeting the feeder you can’t interact with the food place on the beach.
  4. How do you make money? I finally somehow got to the pizza place, is that the only way?
  5. What’s the point of the calorie meter in the upper left that is always stuck at 99999?

Don’t take this as any me being critical, because I like what plots are in the game, but the interface for actions is non-intuitive.

I think it’s the wrong thread you are in

3 Likes

Frack, you are right!

1 Like

Teaser for the next D.I.E.T. update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you going to release 0.16.0 anywhere for free? I would love to play it.

If you want to play it, you can subscribe to Coastal Bunny’s Patreon. It’s only $5 to get the newest version, which is well worth it!

Otherwise, Coastal Bunny just put out a new demo version (0.13.0), so it is unlikely that another demo version will be coming any time soon. The current demo has tons of content to get a feel for the game and decide if you would want to purchase.

2 Likes

The 0.13.0 demo download is broken for some reason.
It says there is no contents in the zip file

1 Like

In the first link don’t download the contents. If you read it will tell you the file content has been moved and to click for a new link. Clicking will bring up a document that has a new google drive link copy the link and paste it in your browser’s search bar for the correct folder. There will be a windows and mac download in the correct folder.

1 Like

I did that but it gives me this