Debu Complex : a tamagotchi-like game - 26/04/23 | HIATUS (version 0.8.1)

The game plays in real time, one day in-game is one real day. It’s not well explained in the game, I’ll take measures to make it clearer in the next version. Do you confirm Emma was stuffed when you stopped the game yesterday and was still stuffed when you launched the game today?

If so, can you please send me your save files? They’re located in your AppData folder. I’ll see what’s going on.

Funnily enough She was a empty today! I did end up factory resetting her afterwards bc i didn’t know thats how it worked. thanks for the info!

Hi! I haven’t played this game in a long time so I guess I’m a bit confused here. I’ve been working for Emma for a long time but I still haven’t gotten the ability to chat or give gifts to her, what am I supposed to do for that? Wait until a certain day comes around?

Just keep an eye on the relationship meter on the debug screen. It goes up either every time you talk to her or every (IRL) day you talk to her. Once it surpasses a threshold, she’ll open up

Can your character have the personality of a feedee + feeder and how do I do that? Also please add bigger sprites like ssbbw, ussbbw, near immobile and immobile if you can. Last thing, can you make the in-game little pixel thing become bigger and not only the portrait on the left hand side? Sorry for asking a lot of questions, this game got me very intrigued. My English isn’t the best because it’s my third language and please answer my questions, thanks! :slight_smile:

You can chose the feedee + feeder personality traits in the character creation, yes, you just have to chose the options when creating a new character. However, note that the feeder trait isn’t used in many events so far…

Regarding the bigger sizes, it’s in my schedule, but it will have to wait a little. There are a lot of other features I need to work on and making a set of sprites takes a long time. Plus I’m currently reworking the sprite system completely. So yeah, it’s not a very high priority for now. For the small character, I’ll eventually update it when I start adding clothes, but changing its size is also a low priority for now. I’ll work on it if people are asking me to, but otherwise I’d rather work on more important features.

2 Likes

How can I access the customization tool? I want to give it a go but can’t figure out where to find it… (Amazing work btw!! this is so fun to play!)

I temporarily took it down, as it needs an update before it can be used with the latest version without breaking the game. I’ll try to update it ASAP.

Okay, thanks for the answer!

Also, another question, when the new update is out how do I download the update without losing the progress? Copy the safe files and put it in the new downloaded updated game or what else? And if I uninstall the game will I be able to start a new game?

Just copy the files into the same folder as before, the saves should still work. It did for me at least.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the help

Is it bad when Emma says “I don’t want to see any more food ever”? I want her to be my feeder so badly

I try to make the save files compatible from one version to another, so unless otherwise stated there’s nothing for you to do in order to use your older save files in a newer version of the game. Just download, unzip and play.

I didn’t put any malus in the new dialog trees, so don’t worry. There’s no bad consequences.

2 Likes

Okay cool. So I guess when Emma is full, I gotta wait one irl day before she becomes hungry again?

That’s correct.

However, if you want her to become your feeder, you should feed your character in front of her. Feeding Emma herself won’t progress this “quest”.

1 Like

I think I heard she progresses towards feederism with every time my character eats something. So that means I can just feed her a mountain of strawberries and that would be super effective?

1 Like

I’ll just say that if you want to optimize the process, you’re on the right tracks.

2 Likes

How does personality work in the current version? do traits other than feedee effect things?

1 Like

The dialogs don’t make use of this feature currently, but it is here and functional. Basically, personality traits have two purposes:

1. defining a “personality”, which is basically a set of dialog lines to use in events and interactions. The dialogs I wrote so far are the default dialogs, but if I were to define an “edgy” or “tsundere” personality for example, I could write dialogs specifically for these personalities and those new dialogs would be used instead of the default ones if your character has the corresponding personality.
  2. refining dialogs. If I want a character with a specific personality to behave differently depending on her traits, it’s also possible. For example, I could give two tsundere characters different dialog lines depending on their traits. In this case it would not be an entirely new dialog tree, but just changing a line or two. Just to add a few small details and make characters feel a bit more unique.

You can think of it as a set of tools to build a custom character. I’m probably not going to make use of it until the game is more fleshed out, but I want to keep modding and customization in mind as I work.

4 Likes