Draconic Expansion, a dragon girl extortion, city building simulator: The Court Update out now!

it shouldn’t be. Earning gold early is fairly slow going. The fastest way to earn gold early is to invest in an iron mine and sell the iron. If you can’t afford the iron mine, sell either lumber or food using the maket modes.

Could also have to do with the level happiness, productivity, or control you have. If these start getting lower, it gets harder to earn cash.

Early game is rough, and you probably just expended the starting resources by this point. Around that time there is a little bit of a lull in things to do beyond micromanaging citizens (where and how hard they work).

1 Like

Excuse my bad english, but where can I sell iron/wood?

1 Like

at the crystal ball in your room, you can assign markets to a different work mode. You can tell them to sell resources instead of just passively generating gold every day. You start with market number 1 in every game, so you don’t need to build one first.

Just know, that the more people assigned to a market that sells resources, the more resources will be sold at that market every day. So you may be selling too much iron every day if you assign more people there.

3 Likes

interesting good to know!
Sorry to ask these questions.

1 Like

In the last thread you said you wanted to focus on the ruling part of the throneroom. Is that still true?

I have an idea about the “recive gifts” action as well:
At the moment the possible results are either nothing or 25 gold based upon how happy the city is. Maybe the result can be modified? A bit more based upon the build buildings or taken action?
First

• A. If happy is low and control is low: An insulting present to the curtier that has last worked over the city resulting in a lowering if her oppinion.
  • B. If happy is low and control is high: A trinket for the curtier that increases her opinion (together with the plea to not come down).
  • C. If happy is low and control is middling: A worthless present that has no effect.
  • D. If happy is low without taking control into consideration: An anonymus trapped present (stink bomb?) that lowers oppulence for next turn.

Second

• A. If happy is middling and control is low: A single muffin. No extra weight but the curtier(s) not getting it will get lowered opinion while the one who gets it an increase.
  • B. If happy is middling and control is high: An endorsement, that their rule is good/promising. Increase in Oppulence for next turn.
  • C. If happy is middling and control is middling: Some sweets. Maybe extra weight? increase opinion of curtiers.
  • D. If happy is middling without taking control into consideration: 10 random ressources with chances based upon the number of workers in the buildings.

Third

• A. If happy is high and control is low: Coocies. Extra Weight.
  • B. If happy is high and control is high: Servant for hiring. Extra oppulence for next few turns.
  • C. If happy is high and control is middling: Deserts for dragons. Extra weight and opinion.
  • D. If happy is high without taking control into consideration: If there is enough wealth in city get 25 Gold.

Just ideas for more things that could happen while ruling.

3 Likes

Wow, I just decided I wanted to revisit this game and suddenly there’s a new thread? Nice!
Last time I played was still in v2. Was there a change log I missed somewhere, or if not what is new in v3?

2 Likes

I believe it was mostly bugfixes and some new cg for the blob cutscenes again.

It’s been a while since I last looked at the game and the former thread. Is there a current plan or a road map for possible new features that are pipeline? I can only assume that with the migration of the game into the Projects section that development is still ongoing?

(Note that this isn’t me chasing for updates, more curious as to what sort of updates are planned, if any.)

2 Likes

I am primarily working on adding the servant girl as a new optional character to the game. She can be as involved in the plot as you want or you could tell her to take a hike. I believe I made it so you need to build one of the improved dens before she shows up next time you hold court. She can gain weight, but she will probably be most useful for those that would prefer the dragons gain most of the weight. Basically you can control her to tasks around the village, this is helpful for those that find the high weights to be a huge drag. She will do other things too, but I don’t want to spoil everything.

Holding court is another thing that had to be scrapped for the game jam, and that’s coming in the next update whenever that is. Basically it’s an optional element of randomness that could give you an edge, or make your life harder based on whatever event you roll. I’m debating if I want you to take a small happiness penalty if you don’t hold court on any particular month (nothing that can’t be overcome by focusing more on happiness to compensate).

A hirable wizard is also in the works, but that will not be until after the previous two editions are in place.

11 Likes

Cool, I love the concept of the Dragon Court and the three personalities firing off (or at!) each other.

One small detail - if there is a penality applied to not holding court, so much so that people will be more inclined to duly uphold it each month, I could forsee it being a bit of a drag to constantly drag our fatass selves to court each and every time. I’d like to imagine that after a few successive court sessions that a motion could be made available to permanently ratify the decision to hold court (or, y’know, just make it an in-game option) meaning that each month the player will start in the royal courtroom as opposed to our bed chamber, ready to hold court.

If the servant could also provided the function of the vital statistics ledger, (or by hiring a scribe or a new fancy crystal ball for the courtroom etc) without us needing to waddle on back to our chambers, that would also be handy.

Basically, I’m imagining this to be peak city management efficiency for our dragons, where one doesn’t need to move.

Magic thrones that we can command the city from without needing to raise our scaly rears off from cushioned comfort? A lazy dragon can dream~

5 Likes

Will there be any tool to change dragon during the next updates?

1 Like

Are you considering adding any more weight related events outside of expanding and or refining the ones already in the game? (ie, Immobility, inability to exercise, endings etc)

2 Likes

@Ahrizinha Nope, the only way to change dragons will remain either choosing a successor when becoming a blob, or by losing a coup against one of them.

@violinpotato Yes, I am adding more minor weight gain events, and the blob ending as well as the blob cutscenes play out a little differently depending on the status of your servant if you hired her.

7 Likes

yeah i noticed that i got to the last stage.
it was funny the ending was very good lol

1 Like

It won’t matter for this game, but I had a bit of an oversight with the lack of one of the codes. When it comes to importing your outcome into Heroes on a Budget, there is a code I didn’t think was necessary but actually is.

The code for if Serrin was in charge at the end of the game was never made. The code will be: 44444144 for those that don’t want to replay Draconic Expansion over again for it.

I forgot to make this code since her being in charge is the default scenario if you don’t put any of the codes in, but if you were to put in her weight level 7 code, it would create a scenario that is impossible to achieve (her being a blob as well as in charge).

I have since put this code into the game, and it will be present when I put out the next update.

You can find the thread for Heroes on a Budget here: Heroes on a Budget - Development Back on Track - Projects - Weight Gaming

7 Likes

Ah, as a Serrin main I wasn’t aware of this. Many thanks!

3 Likes

Idk if anyone has asked this yet but I was wondering if you planned on adding any visual change to the townsfolk that give you free food if the Town’s weight gets very high.

4 Likes

It would totally cool idea to make some villagers blobs (just an idea idk)

2 Likes

so more as the city grows in wealth and weight, the npc sprites would update to fatter sizes up to blob sizes and the city thrives. Is that what you’re thinking?

I would think this would help show how the city grows from the player’s management

4 Likes

Tinkered with this game a bit.

Since I’m out of practice, I actually struggled a bit now since I have forgotten the meta. So I have made a few changes that make the mid and early game a little bit easier. Mainly, Reila’s ability to buff happiness has been doubled like it’s supposed to be. Reason is that happiness is supposed to be worth x2 of control, since it goes on a scale of -100 - 100, where control goes from 0 - 100. It’s not the only happiness buff that’s been doubled either. Reila’s happiness perk when you play as her has also been doubled. Basically all things that impact both happiness and control at the same time, has doubled the effect on happiness.

This also means that the happiness debuff for Malin and the dragonling’s control abilities have gone up as well. Doubled for the dragonling, and by +5 for Malin (because she’s supposed to be more effeciant).

Markets now give +1 gold you personally every month for each level of market, as well as +1 to town wealth.

Tax rates are a thing now. Normal taxes are the same as you are used to (where you skim a bit off the top of the town wealth stockpile), High gives you up to +3 extra gold, and low takes -3 away from you. Tax rates currently are more of a reward for high control, as they don’t provide much in the way of penalties beyond not letting the town hold onto their wealth. As it stood, if Malin is out of the way or you are playing as her, control was a rather useless stat that really only changed how much you could shake the town down for.

Serrin produces +3 Town wealth now instead of +2

Control also doesn’t start to plummet starting from month 20 anymore. Control now starts going down faster the more attempts to take the town back that happen instead (-1 for each attempt). This way, control penalties don’t become a snowball effect, where now you need to please Malin to prevent a coup all the time once the mid game starts. However, it does make control potentially spiral out of control more quickly if you get attacked a lot.

Dragon Court Feasts now give a small opinion buff to both of the other dragons, so there’s an actual reason to choose this feast type now.

18 Likes