Draconic Expansion, a dragon girl extortion, city building simulator: The Court Update out now!

Version 4, the court update, is now available

Nothing new, just starting the project thread

Here’s my submission for this year’s game jam! it takes inspiration from a drawing I made, see above.
This game is a simple city builder made in RPG maker. You play as one of three dragon girls who take over a town filled with humans and extort them for all they are worth. Order around the humans and other dragons in your court to do your bidding.

Balance stats such as Happiness, Control, Defense, Productivity, Opulence, Wealth, Building Resources and of course Weight. 10 different normal buildings, and 6 larger projects.

Survive the humans constantly trying to take back the village from you

New game plus, making it farther along in the game or building the large structures will unlock codes you can enter to access New Game+. Codes will also have another special feature attached to them. Unlock a few of them, and you’ll see. Mostly obtained from getting further in the game, reaching new weight levels, or building the large structures.

Three endings, though two are very similar.

Custom sprites for the dragon girls.

Worry about potential coup attempts from the other girls, but even if you lose, the game continues. You will play as that character instead from that point forward.

Draconic Expansion by failmuseum (itch.io)

42 Likes

bro, you finally brought it here!

2 Likes

Nice to see a thread for this again! You might want to add a description / links / etc when you get a chance.

1 Like

Dang, got my hopes up, heh.

2 Likes

Draconic Expansion, my beloved

2 Likes

That’s such a fucking mood lol

1 Like

Aaand we’re back on track.

1 Like

so is Ver.3 the newest or Ver.rar?

1 Like

Game’s a bit unintuitive at first, but once you get into the swing of it, it’s honestly one of the most fun fatty games I’ve played in a while. Surprised I hadn’t seen it before. Good stuff man

1 Like

yep, that’s the most recent version

I really enjoyed the game, but I found it a little difficult. Trying to play newgame+ but I didn’t get the codes

1 Like

what do you mean by not getting the codes? Did you get the wall built?

1 Like

Are you talking about building the 15 wood/125 stone/50G wall? Wow, if that’s the case, I didn’t know

1 Like

yep, once you build the wall, you get access to whatever newgame plus codes you unlocked, the first of which includes a free wall right from the start of the game.

If you are really struggling with the game, just ignore everything else and pour all resources into getting that thing built. That way, every new game plus should be easier than the last (at least until you exhaust all the codes)

2 Likes

Wow, how stupid I am .-. Me trying to build other things and completely ignored that wall

1 Like

the game is a little obtuse at the moment, as others have said don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure.
I noticed that Malin tends to be pretty dominant among the 3 dragons

1 Like

it’s been a while since I played it myself, but I do remember to doing the best with her. Though if you are pouring everything into a wall for playthrough number 1, pick Reila since she is almost guaranteed to be the first one to get angry with you (due to missing said wall)

1 Like

I found Serrin very interesting, I haven’t played with Reila yet.

1 Like

Why is the gold gain so low after attacks?

1 Like