Dungeon of the Devourer - 0.5.7 - The Candy Factory Part 3

Check the all the hallways for cracks in the walls! They should be between things to make it more obvious

That’s just a place holder for now, her immobile art is on the list!

I played it a few days ago and really enjoyed it, but I got stuck in the dungeon of the … flesh eater? Or something? I checked the entire area for the last sigil to break but couldn’t find it anywhere, I’m scared I soft locked myself by eating all the food in the kitchen…

I’mma echo a few complaints - the enemies are a bit too overtuned right now, I died in the first encounter. Otherwise, I like the game so far.

Nope youre not locked out! There is a glitch that skips a hallway . But I’m working on a fix rn

1 Like

This is a cool game!

Definitely agree the very beginning is kind of difficult. I had to restart because I ate too many pieces of meat before I figured out the puzzle, and I didn’t have a manual save to go back to. I was pleasantly surprised by how much tutorial dialogue is avoidable if you know what you’re doing, though!

The elemental system is interesting, I like how the choices you make provide different type coverage in your party’s moveset. Once I got another party member the difficulty evened out. I ended up keeping the slimegirl healer immobile to pull double duty as a tank, and both she and the protagonist served as DPS in different situations. Some cool design there.

I only played for about an hour, but so far it’s a solid execution on the concept. Very nice character art, as well.

2 Likes

Small update that addresses some early game balance!

5 Likes

Oh wow welcome to the forums, I played through your game last week and I absolutely adore it! Looking forward to following your progress.

1 Like

so out of curiosity will party members be able to vore characters as well?

it’s still a little odd in the early game, even after this patch the 2 cupcakes can pretty much drop you to OHK after one round, and you cant ever attack again without dying…effectively softlocking you if RNG spawns them before you even get across the bridge

You are able to run away with 100% success if you encounter this. Maris fire magic will also help melt these guys fast if you have the mana

Not currently. Vore route is mostly a solo endeavour.

I’m aware, this happened on the second playthrough lol I just got super unlucky that both scored high damage hits which can drop you fast for the first area since at level 1 you aren’t able to run until after both have done an attack and thrown you down to the OHK range

also world ass quake is uh…both an exploit and bugged, considering holding the button means you can move at normal speed even when immobile, it also allows you to just hop onto walls and bypass large areas of the map, such as accessing doors behind NPCs that block your path or bypassing triggers

I’m stuck in the castle in the wind area. I’m confused on what I’m supposed to do in the room with the dragon statue. Any help is appreciated

Noticed that as well.
There’s basically no drawback being immobile when walking around since you can just hold 1 and fly across the map. I almost thought that being able to jump on top of the wall was an intended mechanic, until I got later in the game and saw that I could skip some puzzles.

I’d want to report a potential soft lock as well. In the South East corner of Ruins Central, where you can float across the water, there’s no way back unless you have a Lifting Ale on you.

Also getting inflated while you’re fat and vice versa breaks the game. As you can’t choose any option when it comes to special abilities from those states while in combat.

1 Like

After you fight the elf ealy on you can leave a piece of meat for her to eat, is their a continuation of this or is it all ?

She leaves that spot later in the story. I think she mentions it if you left her a snack

You have to ignite certain torch.(or all of em to brute force it)

I’ll take a look at removing the double encounter early on. As for Ass Quake, I’m fine with it being used to move faster, the cost is the shaky screen. Otherwise immobile is sooo slow (that’s the point I guess haha). For the wall hack, I need to do some maintenance work on the old areas to prevent that. Ty for the reminder

Is there any way to download the save files you make when you play the game in the browser? I downloaded it and dont want to start over again. I cant be bothered to play in the web browser anymore