Earthquake Warriors (BIIIG Bugfix Update!)

this worked out really well, i can play the game now! it’s a lot of fun so far!

2 Likes

Good to know.

I have a confession to make… the first two copies of Earthquake Warriors RPG were burnt by pirated software. (Dun-dun-DAAAAAH!) However, I do have the official version. For the longest time, I have not gotten the official version to work properly. It hasn’t been able to read the runtime package, so for the most part, I have been using the pirated version. However, I went back and dusted off the official version, and I got it to work. It’s funny how sometimes just waiting for a while fixes something.

But, yeah, the current version in the above link was burnt with an official version of RPG Master 2003, so there should not be anymore problems. If more problems do arise, let me know.

3 Likes

A series of enemies that’s going to release in the next level. Most of them throw elemental potions because I feel like I don’t have enough elemental enemies. The one with the green potion can poison his Target. The one with the purple potion can summon the Slime monsters. The one with the multicolored potion is a mid boss that can use all potions. The one with the yellow coat is an enemy that might appear in the fifth level, but is really just a placeholder because I thought 9 aardvarks was a weird number and it’s kind of a placeholder.

Ever come across hostages? If you defeat all the other enemies without harming a hostage, the hostage will reward you. Otherwise, you will have to go on an apology Mission if you really hurt your hostage. These giant rats are one of the many hostages you can save in the game. Lookk! Even my old fursona is among them! Benny Jackdaw, the one in the middle, used to be my fursona before I changed it to Baalf because Baalf better represents me.

I’m doing some more play testing, and I did notice a few problems including some typos, Huggers sprite changing, and there are instances where I still call Maya “Titi.”

Also, not every character is mine. Some of the playable characters are other people’s characters that were added to the game with their permission.

Balikari belongs to Incynermin.
Yuki belongs to Yoshimaster96
Greencario belongs to Been657

3 Likes

Okay, I have been doing some playtesting, and I noticed there’s a big problem with the Huggers. I have an ice mechanic in my game, but it works differently than the ice mechanic in other again. Instead of sliding you across, it makes you trip if you walk across it too quickly. It uses a timer to determine that. Unfortunately, it uses the same timer that the Huggers use. It can be an easy way to reset the Green Hugger. There is also no way to get to the Blue Hugger without going on an apology mission.

I did figure out the problems concerning them. I am wondering if I shouldn’t just upload a fixed version now or wait till I finish the next part of the game.

2 Likes

That’s a tricky question indeed if it were me I’d fix it on the next update because then it would have more playtime for the next update

1 Like

BTW, anyone want to help me with graphics? Mostly enemy, background and Dosier pictures. I can do tiles and overworld pictures. Also, if you want fully animated Gordo Grande forms, then I REALLY need help with that.

1 Like

There seem to be some issues with how the game swaps characters in and out of the party. After I recruited the elephant, the game removed all the other characters except my starter (Titi, I think it was?) from the party but left the elephant there, in permanent Gordo Grande form. His in-battle graphic was just the square around his face, but all his moves worked normally. I was even able to use the gem to supersize my main character and use two big characters at once, albeit with overlapping graphics. Oh, and at some point after this, the game saw fit to change my party lineup again, replacing the big elephant with just his trunk–or so the out-of-battle menu claims. I’m guessing that his trunk moves in-battle are the probable cause of all this.

1 Like

That’s odd. I know that was an issue at one point, but I thought I fixed that. I even did some play testing myself and didn’t have that same problem. I might have to try with every character. Which character did you use to go up to her (who was first in line?)

1 Like

I realize that one of the big reasons I stopped working on this project the first time is because it became incredibly daunting when I realized that I had no one to help with graphics and that I would have to do everything by myself. I am hoping that getting someone to help me with graphics this time around would help me stay interested in the project.

For now, I don’t want much. I have most of the graphics for the next build done, but I would like some dossier pictures. Here’s my art page with all of my graphics so far: Artwork Gallery for Earthquake-Warriors -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Dossier pictures appear in the library. They appear when you are looking up a character’s biography. For example:

upload image

These are dossier pictures for Mel and her Gordo Grande form: Mambo Jumbo. (The current release calls her a male, but that is because she was male at the time. I made her female because the female playable count is low) Mambo Jumbo is about the maximum size of what a Gordo Grande character dossier should be, and the regular one should be smaller.

I am looking for dossier pictures for Arath, Tumpton, Greencario, Grace’s Gordo Grande form and for Marcus:

Ref: Art Fight - Marcus the Drimogemon by Earthquake-Warriors -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
Gg form:Earthquake Warriors: Kerpymarcus by Earthquake-Warriors -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

(I tried posting in the project help section, but it would not let me for some reason)

2 Likes

Since Titi was my starter, I’m pretty sure she was first.

Oh, and speaking of Titi, the game occasionally refers to her as male, and I think some of the explanations at the start of the game call her “Maya.”

2 Likes

Oh, that’s weird. I thought I fixed that, too. Alright, I’ll upload another update to the game that fixes those problems next chance I get.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ne5rmfIlBBMam40lchq3nzgHft1fYvGs/view?usp=drivesdk

Try that one. Be sure to keep your save files if you need them.

2 Likes

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

A while ago, a friend of mine allowed me to use their character Grace in this RPG. This morning, he has requested that I remove her from the game.

GRACE WILL NO LONGER BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

I do have plans on replacing her with someone else. No sure who yet, but someone. As a result of this…

THE CURRENT DEMO OF THIS GAME WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Until I can add a replacement to this game, I wish to respect his wishes and not have a game build available with his character in it.

5 Likes

thanks for letting us know! hopefully you’ll be able to figure something out! i’ve really been enjoying this game so far, and am really excited to see where it goes!

2 Likes

I feel like I’ve been a little too quiet about this game. I can say that if anyone is wondering if I have found a replacement for Grace: yes I have. And I can also explain a bit more about the playable characters: there will be THREE new characters.

The full game will include a fully playable Arath and Greencario along with CabelCeron’s Drimogemarcus and HIJOKE’s Sherrif Grilldon. Also replacing Grace is Kazecat’s own Bertha the Hippo. I have most of her sprites done, and Cabel and Hijoke said that they were willing to make their own the Sprites for the game to help me out.

4 Likes

hey, that’s awesome! really glad things are going well for you in finding replacements! having three new characters is awesome, too!

1 Like

Says I need to request access.

1 Like

The current demo is not available because it includes a character that the owner of asked I take out of the game.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey, is there a chance that you will add my oc into the game?

1 Like