Fallout New Vegas Weight Gain Mod

Had an idea for a quest involving Hildern if you gave him the research data from “There Stands the Grass”. I’m thinking of a quest where the OSI has started making experimental fruit with data they got and you can offer to be a test subject to sample the fruit. The fruit will be very filling in Hardcore Mode,
be designated as being extremely fattening (Intended due to the purpose you getting the data) and addictive (Not intended, side effect of the early versions of the fruit). Once you get the addiction, you won’t be able to remove it through normal means, you’ll have to sort it out through the quest or having 100 science and being able craft the cure yourself without Hildern’s or Angela’s help (mostly useful if they died).

How the quest will play out is something I haven’t quite worked out yet, but while you are doing the tasks to get the cure, there will be a few ways to get the fruit to curb your addiction. There will be a container in Mccarran that will have some fruit placed in it every day, Angela Williams will give some extra fruit every day if you ask her, and if you have Old World Blues installed you can use salient green to clone the fruit.

If you can’t make the cure yourself and both characters died, you’ll just have to deal with the addiction being permanent (You can still get fruit from the container if Angela is dead and the withdraw symptoms won’t be too extreme). You get the recipe for the cure if you convince Angela that you are more or less capable of figuring out how to do so yourself (Science 80, but 100 is needed to actually make it yourself) or in the pocket of Hildern. I also want a route of the quest where Angela uses the fruit herself to speed up the research process (easier version of the quest at the loss of Karma). Doing this quest will get you NCR fame so long as you completed it by not making the cure to the addiction yourself.

After you get the cure made, you will still have access to the fruit but now that you can cure the addiction at any time by talking to one of the two scientists or by making another dose of the cure yourself, it’s no longer a big deal. I would also like to make this fruit a solution to a quest or two, namely the variant of “Bye Bye Love” that I’ll likely be making. I’d also like to make some sort of perk if you eat a lot of the fruit (probably will make this a challenge to handle it).

5 Likes

FNV is great but I think the ship for an elaborate wg mod has sailed. That said, there’s the modding project recreating it within the FO4 engine, which would make a mod with WG content easier.

1 Like

Kidding aside, I think the FO4NV project is still a couple years off from completion (and that’s just the base game, from my understanding they aren’t doing the DLCs until after the main release). Until then, there is still a decent market for FNV as it is. Plus, there will always be people (most likely including me) that will subjectively prefer the original game to the remake mod.

It also would provide a solid outline for the F4NV version of this mod, if anyone were to make it.

6 Likes

If you’re still taking suggestions for NPC interactions, maybe Red Lucy will not let the player do battle in the Thorn if they’re weight level is too high unless they pass either a speech or Cherchez La Femme check to charm her into making an exception to the rule (maybe Red Lucy is a secret FA or something I dunno :man_shrugging:)

1 Like

Yeah that would be nice with Red Lucy! Great idea.
A sentence from the boomers when you arrive too fat but escaped all the bombs could be a little but nice addition too.

3 Likes

Here’s what I’ve got so far on the mod: Fatroll New Vegas: Weight Gain Mod Demo by failmuseum on DeviantArt

How to install:
First you need the CBBE body for FNV installed correctly BEFORE you install my mod. The page explaining this process can be found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91919-fonv-cbbe-bodyslide-port-alpha-update-18-mar-2018/ Technically you don’t NEED to do this, but your nude body suits will have odd textures and I don’t know what happens if you don’t install the skeleton. Also DO NOT batch build, only “build” the CBBE base/nude body with the “fed” preset.

Once you have that working properly, simply install my mod using a mod manager of you choice (it should work like any other mod. If it doesn’t, a manual installation will work for certain). Any time you are asked if you want to replace a file, just say yes (this is the reason you want the cbbe/bodyslide mod installed first).

Oh and one more thing, I don’t recall if I set all of the food item’s weight gain values again. I know I did for the casseroles and Nuka Cola for certain though. Use those if your food items aren’t causing any weight gain.

14 Likes

Man I’ve been so hyped about this mod! I’ll definitely be testing it out when I get the time later today :smiley:. And I’m assuming we’ll need to start a new game to use the mod right?

1 Like

It would be best to start a new game and just use console commands for a lot of it. It’s still VERY early in development. Example, don’t equip a different set of armor if you are any weight above normal. Otherwise you won’t be able to see the weight gain until you either lose weight or gain more weight.

1 Like

Could we get a list of console codes?

2 Likes

tgm for god mode
tmm 1 to reveal all map markers
advlevel levels up the character immediately
showtraitmenu shows trait menu
gbo (nvse only) shows object you clicked on’s base ID for spawing items
player.additem X (replace X with the base id of the object you want)

There are codes for the quest stages and custom objects, but I don’t know them off the top of my head.

Oh I meant if there were any specific to the mod

2 Likes

When batchbuliding for bodyslide what preset do we use? I can see all the stages from fed-morbidly obese but it seems as if you can only build one body at a time

1 Like

the serum is XX18b8
the experimental casserole is XX001bbf
replace the X’s with the numbers that identify where the mod is in the load order. usually this can be found in mod manager and I believe the normal game launcher if you are still using it.

@Skinny_Guy No batch building, just use the “fed” preset with the base/nude cbbe body.

2 Likes

So I tested out the mod, and the weight gain works for me. Although I did notice some weird texture bug on the body where a black streak covered the characters entire torso. That could just be an issue with CBBE and Bodyslide though.

1 Like

Yep you’re right, that’s the texture issue if you didn’t install the converted CBBE body correctly. Archive Invalidation may also be the cause of the issue, check that as well. If it Archive Invalidation is on, turn it off then on again and see if it works.

1 Like

I can’t spawn the food, therefore the mod is broken.

look up where the mod is in your load order and replace the xx’s with that number or letter combination

FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN’T KNOW THE CODE TO SPAWN ITEMS IS

player.additem (insertcodehere) (Amount)

2 Likes

A small tip for anyone who was experiencing the black texture bug, if everything is installed but you’re still getting the bug then simply disable then reenable “Vortex Archive Invalidation” from the Vortex mods list.

Also, will there ever be a version of this mod with underwear? It’s not that big an of an issue for me, but I find that total nudity can get to be a bit silly after awhile

2 Likes

I’ve made a quick basic underwear replacer version just to test things out and see how things would react. The issue is unless parts of the base cbbe mesh are hidden or removed first (there is a way to do that I just couldn’t remember how to right now), parts of the body will clip through the under wear when the character moves around.

I’ve had some fun messing around testing out this first release though, and I’m intrigued by this mod.

One quick question, in the mods current state is it possible to trigger the quest, The Fruits of Your Labour, or is it not complete enough in this version? I played through the preceding vanilla quest There Stands the Grass (lying to Kelly to keep the data or killing her to keep it, makes no difference), on a new save with this mod installed and waited several days, but nothing has changed.
The Fruits of Your Labour does not start, Hildern does not have any new dialogue after receiving the data, all I can really do him is kill him and get the quest failed message.

2 Likes

I’m not able to spawn the food, I put in the index # and the priority # and then the ID and it says not found in whatever.
And I can’t even gain weight… also i can’t use bodyslide anymore.
This is too difficult to even fix.