Fattening Cynthia

Hello everyone! I’m currently working on a weight gain-themed game in RPG Maker that I’m tentatively titling “Fattening Cynthia.” I know that’s not exactly the most creative name in the world, but it accurately describes what the object of the game is, and I like the way it sounds. The first thing I’m gonna do before describing the game is lower your expectations, because I’m working on it solo and I have absolutely no art experience whatsoever. I’m using the standard graphics that come with RPG Maker MV as well as a few custom assets that I found looking around this site. If your favorite part of weight gain games is the visuals, I don’t think this will be for you.

So you play as Charlotte, a peppy baker who wants nothing more in life than to have a girlfriend who she can stuff full of fattening desserts and watch grow 24/7. Her new roommate, a ditzy party girl named Cynthia, becomes the object of her affections and she plots to fatten Cynthia up as much as possible. Throughout the game, you’re presented with choices like what food to make for Cynthia or how to talk to her about her weight gain, and the decisions you make affect how big she gets and what ending you receive. For example, if you give her decadent desserts too often, she might get suspicious and move out, but if you’re too cautious, she’s unlikely to put on many pounds.

The game takes place largely in two locations: the girls’ apartment and the grocery store. The apartment is where you cook by playing a sort of ‘memory minigame’ about what ingredients you need and how much of each is necessary. It’s very simple, especially if you take notes or are actually familiar with baking, but it serves as the closest thing to actual ‘gameplay’ in the game. The apartment is also where you interact with Cynthia, and where you encourage her to eat more. The grocery store is where you buy ingredients and snacks for Cynthia, and is generally where you make decisions about what food to make for her. As a ‘sidequest’ of sorts, you will also be able to indirectly encourage the cute cashier, Kiyoko, to gain weight. I’m considering the possibility of some specific scenes taking place in other locations like maybe a bar or a club, but I’m not decided yet.

As I said, the game is light on gameplay and art, but heavy on story and choices. It’s honestly just a step above being an interactive fiction or something like that, but I am a writer, so I guess that makes sense. The game is very early in development right now, but I don’t have much else to do these days, so I expect the pace to pick up. When it reaches a point that I would consider a ‘playable demo,’ I’ll post it on this site, but in the meantime, feel free to ask me questions or provide suggestions. I know I’m a newcomer to this site and most people don’t know me, but I’m a huge fan of this community and am very much open to ideas.

12 Likes

Honestly, there are a couple of options, if you’re willing to ask an artist to assist you (I’m not the one; not an artistic bone in my body), but the best one I can think of, if you can afford it, is to see if you can find someone who’ll work on commission or similar. They tend to be pretty reasonable about their rates, and if you’re familiar with what you’re looking for (sometimes, you have to be very specific), then they’d likely be happy to help. That may not be very useful, I realize, but I hope it counts as advice. I want to see this project come to fruition, additional artwork or not. It sounds like a brilliant concept (the idea of stealthing her into becoming fat is great for a game like that, by the sound of it, and multiple endings? Sounds fun!) That’s all I can think to say, for now. In any case, at the very least, try to enjoy your work and the creative process. I’ve considered dabbling in writing, if only for posting online to see what others think. It’s kind of fun to brainstorm. Alright, I’ve rambled enough. Best wishes.

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of money laying around for buying commissions right now, but if the game ends up turning into something people actually like, I might consider it in a second version of the game. And yeah, I’m super into the premise of the game, which is why I’m excited about making it even without fancy artwork. I’ve written weight gain fiction before, (I’ve also wiped it off the face of the internet because it was too easy to connect that account to my real name) but it’s nice to get back to writing weight gain scenes for Fattening Cynthia. Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

I would definitely give this a try, as I’m a big fan of text based games. Some additional gameplay is just a bonus.

1 Like

That’s great to hear!

I’m just glad you took it as well as you did. I understand needing to tighten the purse strings, if only for the interim, but I hope things work out. Things, specifically. Not people. :wink: Jokes aside, I’m pulling for you. I find people who want to write for passion’s sake to be kindred spirits, so I’d hate to just ignore you.

1 Like