Hi! A billion years ago, the wonderful @ThreeBeersDown made an interactive thing called Fatties Eating Fatties on a site some of you may know, writingdotcom. Eventually, I found it during the start of the site’s decline, and wrote a bunch for it. To a less frequent degree, I still do!
After playing a half-dozen RPGmaker games from here, I convinced myself that I, too, could totally make something, despite having zero professional experience in such, and being a terrible artist. And as many of ya are aware, rpgmaker was on sale recently, and… Well, yeah.
Inspired distantly by the incredible Super Fatty RPG and more recently and directly by @NickSav 's fantastic ProjectFAT, FEF aims to create a game where you… wander about, eating food and people, getting (eventually) fatter and fatter. Help people! Fight people! Recruit people! Or just eat all (most) of them! Although it is REALLY light on narrative, the choices you make WILL lock you onto certain pathways. Because again… it’s a Choose-your-own-adventure thing.
UPDATE VER. 0.2
This has the following:
- A new map: “Downtown City”. Kind of a crossroads between other, future maps, but not lacking in content!.. hopefully!
- Two new party members! Like Rachel and your roommate (who now has a default ‘name’), they are mutually exclusive!
- Your Apartment now serves a purpose! When there, your party members will appear, and chat with you and each other!
- New mechanics! Restricted-fullness while in the city, and the ability to eat party members!
- New enemies with BAD ART
- Bug fixes! Your party members should no longer stop gaining exp when they Class up! Other stuff I think!
- You can fight and win against Charity now! Good luck, she might still be impossible though.
- Nerfs! I reduced the fullness gain on some items.
- Lots of writing!
*Other things! There’s a lot of QoL stuff in here.
WARNING: I have added some political humor! I’m a godless communist anarchist liberal so that’s the slant it has, but don’t hold it against me if you don’t like it.
WARNING: I might have given up with respect to balancing enemies, so they might hit harder than they should. So watch out.
You might want to start from a fresh save.
Only the first three characters can class up at the moment, as the new two start at tier 2. Once you’ve hit maybe level 18 with everyone, maybe sooner, you’ll have seen probably everything I’ve added so far.
Update: Resurrection items currently don’t work, haha, and fighting Gloria will lock the game.
I recommend avoiding doing the latter, which will be fixed in a smaller update I’ve started.
Sorry if anything breaks, I appreciate all comments and suggestions!
Also please be patient with me in general, I’m normally a lurker-type personality who gets anxiety over standing out. So uh yeah.
This is the original interactive, never mind the 2.0 moniker Fatties Eating Fatties.
Most of the eventual ‘episodes’ will be from there, so if you wanna SPOIL stuff feel free to navigate the nightmare that is writingdotcom. Hell, you could even add to it!