Favourite Smash Bros Character(s)

Falco, he has some of the most buttery combos imo, even if half the time he’s just an up-tilt machine lol. My Ken’s pretty good, too.

Since Ultimate, Daisy’s been a fave of mine, despite being an Echo Fighter.

She may be an echo fighter but it’s really fun to use her because of her unique voice and she’s got an orange dress which is my favorite color

True, especially since Mario Party 5 was the last in the Mario series where, despite different voice actresses, she and Peach sounded somewhat alike.

Update: After seeing a video on YouTube recently about Super Mario 3D World, I came to the conclusion that, despite my love for Daisy, people prefer Rosalina over her. And it’s not just the developers of the game who pushed Daisy aside for Rosalina, either. Rosalina’s become popular since 2007, the same year that Mario series creator Shigeru Miyamoto decided to axe a covertly-developed direct sequel to Super Mario 64 (which was completely different from a similarly-named Spaceworld 2000 demo that influenced both the Pikmin series and Rosalina’s debut game) that was in development for the failed 64DD addon for the Nintendo 64, as well as the GameCube, and would have broke the traditional conventions of the Mario series (like being made for older audiences due to Miyamoto’s outcry regarding Mario and Luigi’s V-for-victory gestures being deemed childish, having four-player splitscreen multiplayer, re-adding Luigi as a single-player function similar to the Mario & Luigi series of handheld RPGs, etc.), and I particularly think the cancellation of the direct sequel was a good thing, in my honest opinion, because I didn’t want the Mario series to change outside of new sequels, both mainline and otherwise, and other things like ports and remakes. The only times Daisy has appeared in mainline games is her debut back in 1989, and a mobile side-scrolling runner game (which many fans deem a non-mainline title) where she was added via a major update patch as an unlockable character for those who are willing to pay $10.00 to access the full game, despite it being free to download. Heck, she’s practically the one singing part of the main theme to the mode that she’s unlockable in as a way to try to increase her popularity, as evidenced by the lyrics telling fans (even those who aren’t her fans) to show her their love. Outside of her only two mainline appearances and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, she’s been strictly appearing in spin-offs since the year 2000, and that’s what bothers me about Nintendo’s usage of her outside of promotional material. I mean, I once got a shirt that my cousin bought me that featured the word “Classic” on the front, and it showed most of the characters from the Mario series except those like Daisy above the word in a frame of some sort, with both the word and the characters clearly on the front. The only Daisy-themed item that I can remember was a birthday cake topper when I celebrated my birthday in 2013, but it sadly was lost when me and my father moved to a series of house-like apartments in 2019, six years after my mother passed away.

Anyway, I hope I didn’t bore or offend anyone with my long-winded rant regarding Daisy’s lack of popularity compared to most other Mario characters (except Waluigi, who NEVER got a starring role, or a major mainline appearance in either Mario, Wario Land, or even WarioWare, and not even being playable in the Super Smash Bros. series since 2008). Hopefully, I got the point across, at least on this site.

What about Palutena?

Ike, Ganondorf, King K Rool, sometimes Byleth and Ridley.

I personally think Daisy in super Mario run is the best character to use because princess peach although having floating jumps looks like she’s pregnant while she does it not even the older games did that for her floating abilities so not only do you get a double jump with Daisy but you look stylish while using her

1 Like

uhhhhhhh Wii Fit. (i know it doesent fit here, like at all, but they’re fun to play as.)