Feeder Fantasy by Fallboy - Translations & Mods (Ver. 1.3.1, Original Ver. 5.0)

It’s been a hot minute since I focused on this in earnest. Holidays have a way of grinding everything to a halt.

@jimbobvii
This shouldn’t be the case? In combat’s current half-finished state, Blocking is a total neutral option; it simply does absolutely nothing and wastes both your and the enemy’s turn.

Throw Food does consume an enemy turn and effectively “stun” them though (but of course also replaces your chance to deal damage), which should be more significant in the future when feeding vs fighting results in distinct rewards.

@AlphardBlack

Just curious, is there the male MC version of this somewhere?

Not as of current, apologies. That’s somewhat medium-priority on the list of planned additions. Not at all complicated to implement in theory, but it’d require a full sweep of all the portraits and dialogue to replace all mentions of female-bits with male analogues, so we’d rather wait until the bulk of our narrative additions are done to minimize the chances of missing stuff later on.

@gracefulqueen33

is there any way to fatten up the neighbor?

We’re thinking of ways to seamlessly implement this into the usual grind.

Quick question, the description for the chocolate coins seems to imply there is another purpose for them. Like feeding them to someone maybe? Is there any use for them aside from just spending for lots of money?

You actually used to be able to eat them yourself for a small weight boost IIRC, towards the same counter that fills when the tavern elf feeds you. The same currently applies to all basic quest food for the main heroines.

That said, there’s frankly not much merit in doing so as of current, unless you’re trying to speedrun the Self Ending. We’re thinking of adding unique flavor text to food items at some point in the future to make it a little more fun to give everything a taste.

Also the nun in the church (the unmodded verson) doesn’t seem to change sprites at all as her story progresses. is that normal?

She simply doesn’t have any assets made for her gain yet. I expect Fallboy will make some for the next big update since he’s been teasing a fourth main heroine. We probably won’t touch her for that reason.

5 Likes

Digging through the common events, I think I see the problem. ‘Block’ breaks out of the SelectFood loop, but it doesn’t reset the SelectedFoodCapa variable to 0; if you’ve fed a goblin at any point in the game prior, the most recent value will then be used because even though the feeding menu is broken out of, the main GoblinCombat loop continues with the current value of SelectedFoodCapa - in essence, feeding the goblin a phantom version of the last food thrown. And if this value wasn’t zero, the block loop won’t play out as usual, since the game now believes the goblin was fed, replacing the block text in GoblinCombatWatch with the appropriate feeding level text.

1 Like

Ah, we weren’t talking about the same Block, I see. I’ll look into that

I’ll be a happy human being if Maria gets art.

1 Like

Are there any other rpg-maker WG games with actual art like this? Personally, I find it a lot more appealing than just normal sprites.

3 Likes

@gracefulqueen33 There are some with drawn art out there.

I’m sure I’m missing quite a few and there are more games that do not have a current demo with planned art assets, for example Eternalland off the top of my head.

8 Likes

Project F.A.T. Project F.A.T v1.05 - Beginnings of the Bug Fixing

and Unfulfilling Isekai Simulator Unfulfilling Isekai Simulator (formerly known as NPC Sim 2)

also come to mind, might look a little rougher than what you’re expecting though. It’s a rare and precious thing to have a professional digital artist on-call for this sort of thing. Another round of thanks to Fallboy for snagging Sunny :pray:

2 Likes

How do you give Alicia their armor or what do you do when Alicia gains weight?

Alicia’s armor can be found at the blacksmith’s near the bottom of town. If you’re talking about the first time she gains weight, check the Wildcat Bakery for the shortcake she’s talking about to break her willpower.

Reminder though that there’s a very detailed guide included in the Mega within the readme. Give it a look if you have any more trouble in the future.

2 Likes

I loved this game. ^^

Sooo happy I stumbled upon this gem.

Bakery Girl was probably my favorite.

4 Likes

Inspired to furious writing by this Gem, I present a Jumpchain document inspired by this lovely game.

Feeder Fantasy Jumpchain 1.5.pdf (509.9 KB)

6 Likes

I have taken near 4 or 5 hours today to complete the game and honestly, shit was bumping, Ive 100% everything and honestly it was god tier 10/10 IGN

18 Likes

I don’t know if it’s an error of the patch, but everytime I enter the New Game Plus password it sends me a message saying it’s correct and the benefits I’ll get, but it loops to the password-entering screen instead of going to the game. Is there any way to avert this?

There are multiple different passwords to unlock things, so you are looped back so that you can enter multiple ones. You should be able to simply back out of the menu once you’re done entering the password.

4 Likes

You’re right, I thought I wasn’t getting it. Thank you!

got excited that maybe fallboy made a update, oh well back to waiting

1 Like

Pretty sure Fallboy is a student so their next update will probably be in a month or two, that tends to be how they release historically.

5 Likes

he might be waiting for his artist Sunny to finish more pieces before any updates

2 Likes

Maybe? Last time Sunny had all the art done like 2 months before the update released. Unless he’s swamped with commissions I kinda doubt it’d take him a while to do it. Though equally Fallboy may also just not have the funds to commission all the art he wants right now which is also totally fair.

2 Likes

True all I know is that Sunny has drawn art for more characters that could be in the new update, the nun, martial artist, and fairy last I saw a few months ago

5 Likes