Feeling the Weight of It All - Weight gain VN

Hey everyone haven’t made a post like this in a minute, but I’m still working on the game my date for the next demo I am shooting for is the 17 or 18th of December. I am working with a few people to get started on putting the finishing touches on the next update but I have some good and bad news for the next one. I always liked to hear the bad news first so that’s what I’ll start with.

Bad News : the next update is going to take a lot of time. Between school and work full time it is getting a bit difficult to work on this on a daily basis. So it is going to be a much longer wait till the next major update. So I do apoligise for the delay on the next update after this one.

Good News : The next update after this one will be much large in scale with adding all the characters to the fold with that the story will be mostly done for the demos so please look forward to that. It should tie everything together and allow the story to move a lot smoother.

Thank you again for all you’re support during the production of this game! I hope to be more frequent on status updates on progress towards updates in the future.

18 Likes

oh man the story is good and the art has me hooked to this game, I really wanna keep going with the story, hope everything works out for you and you deliver a game as good as it promises

2 Likes

I can’t wait! I really enjoy your work.

1 Like

The new build is here!! This time its focused on Ash but with a secret other one of the cast if ya choose the right dialog enjoy you guys!

Also go on and join the discord server I tend to post there more often.

13 Likes

I downloaded the new version, but for some reason, it stops at the same part as the previous build. Any help resolving this would be appreciated

1 Like

Welcome @Joe_Smith to weight gaming. In the previous version (Naomi arc) you agree to hangout with Naomi and go on a date of sorts. Naomi’s content is still accessible in this version of course so if you choose the same option you will see that content again. If you turn down hanging out with Naomi that should lead you to Ash’s content.

If you are still not seeing it make sure you downloaded the version that says 0.0.2 Ash’s arc from itch.

I see. I don’t know why I didn’t realize you had to turn Naomi down. It’s so obvious now that I think about it. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

you know seen a lot of complaints about the MC being to horny but like i dunno they mostly keep all that hornyness up in there brain and don’t say it openly out loud and generally talk to everyone else like normal people so i think the MC is actually rather restraint tbh dude just likes what they like.

Those comments are for an older demo when it was a quick intro. We go more in-depth in Discord. The MC was very different than they are now. They speak more in the head than

2 Likes

Do you have the link to the discord? The other one seems to have expired… Or is it a developer only thing?

Here it is. Come hang out and chat while.

This game is great, finally a VN that doesn’t use those disgusting 3D models and “too realistic” art style. Characters are great, love the game so far.

4 Likes

Happy new year everyone, glad to see so many people are enjoying my little project! I have some new sketches of Olivia’s outfits you all can see. I hope you like them!

I’m still on vaction but work on the next update will start soon. Hope everyone has a great day and a better new year!!

21 Likes

I completely agree that drawn images are generally way better than CGI art.

However, most games in this field have tiny dev teams of one or two people at most. And/or a budget of next to nothing. Usually both.

As such, unless the dev team is lucky enough to contain a talented artist, they’re stuck with either paying for art (not an option if you have a miniscule budget), having no images at all or finding the most cost effective way of producing images. Hence the plethora of ‘disgusting’ 3D model games currently out there.

Until something better comes along, or fetish games actually start to make enough money to allow the devs to commission better artwork, I’m afraid things aren’t likely to change much for the forseeable future.

6 Likes

@tiggertoo I completely agree with you on this statement. Most of the time its mostly done by one person who has to comm all the art by themselves but i dont find the 3d aspect of fetish art too jaring and see more of the creative side of the artist output of the game or media they worked on. I can see why most people’s opinons might be negative about 3d art but if the story is good it came make up for its shortcoming.

Also I’m a huge fan of your game, and happy you seen my little project.

3 Likes

The problem is that most people that don’t actually draw or do “art” in any measure think that using a 3D model is the way of having easy and appealing visuals, and it’s usually not the case.

While 3D models make production faster once the model is set, there is still the issue that they don’t know how humans work in the sense that they don’t see the jarring poses and expressions that they are doing, nor notice the weird body deformations that 3D models usually make. They don’t have a trained eye and it shows.

I follow a couple of fetish 3D artist, and as a person that works on the 3D animation field, i can tell when the artists have some fine arts education, either being self taught or actual formal education. It’s not so much on the model, but some aspects of the composition, lighting and naturality. In my workplace it’s like magic seeing how the animators take a lifeless and grey models and just by moving things on the right time and on the right place, the model comes to life, and how easy is to misplace a movement and see how all falls apart

3D is arguably more complicated than 2D, you need to know a plethora of artistic and technical knowledge (modelling, rigging, anmiation/posing, lighting…), but some people ignore that and just grab the models, it’s a little bit discouraging sometimes

2 Likes

I like Olivia’s bikini, very nice, has quite the smug-tempter feel to it.

We need like a thread or subforum on like tricks/tips/guidelinks/etc. You might not be able to teach someone a fine arts degree in a day, but you can probably teach them 50 things they didn’t know out of the 10,000 that exist :stuck_out_tongue:

For example I learned that catchlights are a real thing in real world photography just a day or two ago, (from someone’s guide that someone else linked for me.) Adding them intentionally works somewhat similarly in 3d, once you know what subsubmenu the options are hidden under.

I’ve got some unsolved problems though, like, what’s the best way to put a hand on a fat person’s torso. (It’s harder than putting the hand on a thin person’s torso.) I’m also not sure how women with huge butts can walk without slapping their own ass constantly. I’ve tried watching some random youtube clips of women walking to gain some insight, but it seems like their shoulders would have to bend at an inhuman angle to make it work. They might also rock their hips more than a slender woman, but, I couldn’t find any video evidence of this. Nor do I understand how that hip rocking motion would differ from the standard one. In the end I essentially decided that I had ABSOLUTELY no idea how to make a woman who weighed more than 180-200lbs walk without a) her hands passing through her hips or b) or arms looking dumb. Up to 180-200lbs I could sort of just nudge the shoulders and collar bone and whatnot a few degrees, as well as making the woman shorter a tiny bit. I forget the numbers I came up with that got me up to what would be considered “too thin” for this forum, but it’s a saved scrap somewhere on my computer.

Those are two examples of problems I haven’t found any good advice on that aren’t covered by general 3d guides because of the added challenge of trying to model a woman with different proportions. They could be good topics for this forum. Tiggertoo provided the tip that invisible primitive shapes are a good tool for helping hands touch a fat person.

3 Likes

Sorry if I offended you with that comment, wasn’t meant to even though it came off as quite rude. Sorry about that haha.

very excited to see more of this character

2 Likes