Fetishmaster general discussion

Have a question about the game?
Want to talk about a certain feature?
Have questions about modding or writing?

Leave them here!

Hello everyone. I was really annoyed by one thing in Fetish Master. That thing is that quest totally bound to proxy that take that quest. You can’t take quest with one proxy and end it with other. I hope that existed some way to fix this.

its done for both code reason, design reason, and lore reasons. For lore reasons, it’s programmed that way because not everyone in the world knows about the whole proxy thing and it would be really weird having one person start a “quest” and then have another person complete it. That might be an interesting consequence and a cool way to explore that part of the world but it would be an absolute nightmare to program every step of a quest to check for that. it would potentially double some of the writing work.

if that is not a concern them there is a way in the code to change it.

basically there are 2 types of flags. Global flags and Personal Flags. Global flags can be used for quests like you want (one person can complete a quest gotten by someone else) and personal flags are used by quests and interactions that pertain only to one proxy. Now in the code it would be pretty simple to change. Simple but very time consuming.

I see your point, but it mostly (for me) leads to savescumming. Because if something really nasty happens to proxy, she leaving. After that you stuck with impossible to complete quest due to lost that specific proxy. And yes, you have to note (or remember) to which proxy quest was given, which is not fun.

Yeah, i agree that is annoying and fun ruining. Unfortunately i don’t have an easy fix for that beyond just advising to be careful. I know that i try to avoid having quests like that

Sometimes best option is to accept things as it is. And i have another question. Can you made a tutorial how to install your and Nostordamus MODs together, so it’s work well? Every time i try it, it’s just leads to broken bathhouse quest.

Yeah, sure! I’ll try and whip it up sometime this week!

I’ll add that generally you want to install Nostradamus’s mod first then mine but it has been awhile since i installed it

Whip it good, Dohavocom! I’m counting on you =)

Gotta say that I love the game, spent several hours playing it and I love the mods. Can’t wait for more!

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Had a question about one of the areas - the village in the woods, to be specific. I can get there, and even flirt around with some inhabitants, but I can’t seem to trigger any further quests. Any suggestions?

there aren’t really any quests there yet. Nostradamus’s mod adds a few things there if you’re interested

That’s which one I’m talking about then, I guess - Installed all the mods as directed to here.

Most of the quests in that area are direct or indirect extensions of the Bath House and Dr. Felis questlines, I think.

no there are some that aren’t. Ironically the milk house doesn’t involve those other quest. neither does the dwarf quest ting

Probably not the right topic, but i think that it would be a really great idea to make a modding tutorial, if there’s already one i never found it, so just make it easier to find. I was thinking on doing one myself, but i don’t think i got everything and i suck at explaining thing. :’)
Anyways, i guess i got a big part of the system already, but that took way more time than it should’ve, because i, and i guess most of the modders, learned to do things by copying already functional code and adapting it to what i wanted to do, but that’s a kinda faulty and slower process.
Just sayin’.

[quote=“jrgames, post:16, topic:715”]Probably not the right topic, but i think that it would be a really great idea to make a modding tutorial, if there’s already one i never found it, so just make it easier to find. I was thinking on doing one myself, but i don’t think i got everything and i suck at explaining thing. :’)
Anyways, i guess i got a big part of the system already, but that took way more time than it should’ve, because i, and i guess most of the modders, learned to do things by copying already functional code and adapting it to what i wanted to do, but that’s a kinda faulty and slower process.
Just sayin’.[/quote]

Oh, a series of modding tutorials is on my to do list already. I don’t have a timeline for you though

Hi, everyone. I have a question about FM. I’ve notice that if proxy sitting home too many, proxy’s mood permanently decreases. So, how to avoid that if I just want to skip time?

Its hard coded into the game. The fluff is because they’re technically employees so its them slowly wanting to move on. I don’t have a mod for it, sorry

Sad to hear rhat, but ir’s OK. I can live with it.