Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

A couple of things you could try to keep image sizes down is using .jpg which are usually smaller and use .png if you need the transparent (alpha) background.

I usually also use imageOptim after rendering my images. Tried it on some of the 2mb images and got them back to around 200kb

webp is the gold standard you can convert png’s into webp to reduce filesize a sizeable amount. ren’py supports webp.

jpeg’s are old tech.

lossless webp are smaller than png they’re made from although I prefer setting to 95% quality as it gives a big filesize savings. I use xnconvert but many tools convert png’s to webp’s.

2 Likes

Example, comparison, random image from your game:

forum doesn’t support webp, but ren’py does:

filesize 6 times lower.

4 Likes

Funny you mention webp. That’s what I’m using for transparents right now. Not sure if people who just want to look at the pictures will appreciate it though.

2 Likes

.webp looks just as good as png or jpg and everyone can open webp on their computer if they want to open them from the image folder. There really is no downside to using .webp images.

4 Likes

Like I said you can do lossless conversion from png to webp. My above example though loses 5% quality though in exchange for losing 83% filesize.

1 Like

Before using a lossy format, please keep and release the original files. If the file size gets too big I’m sure somebody of this community will create a compressed version.

I agree with @namad. That jpeg looks aweful in comparison (e.g. around the eyes).

1 Like

webp isn’t a lossy format, like I said, you can set the converter to lossless. I just personally think 95% quality looks identical.

1 Like

How do I get Erika to her stage three for more scenes?
Hell, How do I get any of these other scenes?

1 Like

Hey, can you give more detail? There’s a known bug where you get kicked out to the menu during one of the mid game feeding scenes.
If you put the content of this patch into the game folder it should fix it.

1 Like

It seems like the dates on the save files never change. Is that happening for anyone else?

I’m not aware of this one, sorry. You mean it’s always stuck on one day of the week?

Wait that’s only mid-game?!

I’m genuinely worried thousands of people missed half the game because of this bug :open_mouth:

1 Like

Is there one where Akane becomes a feeder instead of a feedee?
If so, what’s the trigger?

1 Like

In the current version there is only the option to have Akane become a feeder as an ending and hints at that being the starting point for the route. There is no route option from the beginning of the game for her being a feeder. In order to access it in the current version you need to lose weight at the gym. This becomes an option during the event at stage three where Akane looks at herself in the mirror and you select "I’ve had my fun. Time to lose weight.

This should be available if you don’t select all of the greedy/gluttonous options ( I know you can be locked out of this option when the mirror event happens I think one way is having too low of self-control from the gluttonous options, but there might be others), and you will want to be feeding Ericka back with the “If I’m gonna be a fatty, I’m taking you down with me” option during the night feeding session event or trying to increase Erika’s weight the cupcakes from Yui to my knowledge. You can lose the weight by going to the gym (you need to work out enough to lose weight unsure how often but going a few times a day will be more than enough as the next stage progresses when you have lost the weight) and not choosing the gluttonous options that will ruin your diet and make you lose self-control. Another option is having Rin help you lose weight if you chose the “No, this isn’t right.” option when she first invites you over and she has been going to the gym with Erika and you earlier in the game.

8 Likes

This is correct!

Eventually I plan on having a feeder from the get go rout but for the time being Akane will need to be fattened up a bit before she becomes a feeder. This is a result on limitations of my resources namely time. If you look at the files, there always is an “effort route” in the files.

I posted a public post on my patreon that the next update is slated for the second week on December and hopefully I’ll have it out by then. I plan on changing some things up though so it’s a little complicated. People want characters that changed independently of Akane, I do too so theres a few things I need to wrap my head around to make it work.

Next update will be a general continuation of Akanes decent into gluttony or feeding. Next next update will be more of a character focused update. There are some characters that need more love and I personally feel we need some stronger romantic elements in the game.

In conclusion expect a new stage in the update and more of what you’ve all come to expect with some added surprised for the next update. Including some experimental stuff.

Once again though, thank you everyone for the support. I’m honestly overwhelmed by the outpouring.

11 Likes

That sounds great, would this merge into/follow the same path the “feedee harem” ending leads into in the current version? I look forward to it either way keep up the good work.

It’s not actually that mid-game; if you’re going pretty hard on the “feedee/feeder” path then it doesn’t take too long to reach the end of content after fixing that bug.

Maybe it takes longer if you’re not trying to be the #1 Glutton with Akane?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. That’s the current working plan. With the way the choices and story is expanding this game is going to be too massive so I’ll need to merge storylines at some point.

9 Likes