Flab-ventures

Looks good so far (Aside from the dead end passages, though that is understandable at such an early stage). Though I noticed there is a bug during the slime quest where attacking raises the Slime’s HP. That and the formatting feels a bit off, but that’s just a tiny nitpick.

I do like the fact that you’ve put so many choices into a Twine Game like such as class and race.

Can’t wait to see where this project goes. If you need any Twine assistance or an editor, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Changed classes to Warrior from Mage to see if it was just a bug caused by damage stats. it would appear that was the case. However, I also noticed that, depending on the hp of the slime, there’s a chance that the game will glitch upon beating the slime and make it so you can’t progress.

EDIT of EDIT: Managed to recreate the glitch in question:image

EDIT of EDIT of EDIT: So I’ve got a guess as to what is causing the glitch. Is it possible that you’ve set the slime’s HP to only show above 1, while the victory text is set to appear below 1? If that is the case, I suggest setting the HP to be displayed above 0 rather than 1 (or shown at greater than or equal to 1, but idk how to do that).

EDIT: Another bug I found is that no matter how many slimes I kill, the number doesn’t seem to go up here

Also there isn’t a back button aside from the undo button, but I guess that isn’t a huge issue since the back and undo buttons would have the same effect.

What do you do after entering your name?

The option to continue isn’t obvious, without a way to scroll I thought there wasn’t anything more to it.

I got stuck in a fight endlessly trying to kill a slime with the mage class, doing no damage, and it killed me but I never died, I had negative HP.

thanks, i am working on the seccond bug

im getting the update out early now

1 Like

im going to try get the full 2.5 update out by the 9th of september

Again, the choose class option isn’t obvious. If I did not know to press tab, I would not have even seen the option. Fix your layout

what the, im not too sure what is going on with your layout

maybe try zooming out

Mine started the way theirs does too. I had to zoom out a bunch.

1 Like

frick, wait are you on mobile?

Looks like he’s playing on Firefox. I can tell right now that you’ve put the resolution way to high. It just shows a black screen for me unless I zoom out, so I can’t even tell if the game is finished loading or not. Generally, people playing on web browsers have a much smaller real estate to work with, especially on laptops and tablets where the OS sometimes zooms in 150-200%, without an obvious way to zoom it back out. So either optimizing a fullscreen mode or keeping it small (below 1200x900, 900x600 or even 600x450 in some cases) would make sure all the players can see then entire playable space. Alternatively, I’d recommend a scroll bar on the side to move the game area around. Until then players will have to zoom out manually to play the game (On Windows, it’s Ctrl plus the minus (-) key)

1 Like

No. I am playing on a computer, and using Chrome. I will say this has happened before, and my only explanation is that if you’ve got a big beefy monitor, it might be using your default resolution settings, whereas I’m on a laptop.

il fix it as soon as i can

(edit: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO)

i was unsure as to how the resolution worked but i edited the html file and it should now be 900x900.

id recommend weight gain be rebalanced a bit, the eating competition makes you gain over two tons.

With no penalty either.
I’d add something that prevents from you overeating too much at once. You know, build up your stomach capacity etc.

1 Like

Honestly it’s probably not your biggest concern so don’t worry about it if you didn’t fix it. I gotta try testing again cause I remember getting very confused/stuck and unsure what to do, I thought maybe the game just wasn’t developed that far, but the other replies seem to suggest I’m wrong and that there is stuff you can do that I couldn’t access.

Hopped into combat with a slime, aaaaand…

1 Like

oh that just happens, it doesn’t really effect the game play that much. that will most likely be fixed in the future

the far right warrior path is one i will 100% pick
I want to be a really loud viking