Flouffe Pampering Initiative [Version 1]

An incremental game where you are an AI with one simple task, pampering the flouves under your care. From your calculations, the most efficient form of pampering is in the form of food, as much food as you can stuff into these space-faring foxes!

Last minute v1.01 update:

• If during a run your flouffe reaches 400 pounds you will be able to prestige and end the run, even if you have not unlocked the manual prestige function. This should prevent scenarios where after unlocking hardware upgrades but before unlocking manual prestiging, where you can get stuck in a spot where you can no longer make your flouffe fat enough to bring your processing to 0%.

31 Likes

Your game is just adorable, i love the species and my only request for the future, would be if you could maybe expand on this, maybe a full body picture of him seating on a spaceship seat and wrecking it as he grows. Simple but so good to see the numbers and weight grow.

9 Likes

Will there be a female variant or am I asking too much?

4 Likes

For some reason the ichio page seems to be quarantined, is it a false positive or something?

3 Likes

I agree, all this needs is full body shots and the game is :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This was the best i could push the good flouffe at, i supposed this would be the last stage or can you tell if there is more but beyond more prestige?

4 Likes

Fullbody art was something initially planned but I had to cut it down to just headshots it ready for the jam, if I go back and continue with this project fullbody is definitely something I’d hope to do.

Along with what I said above, I was considering the possibility of adding variants as a whole for the flouves (mostly through different fur colors/patterns) so while I don’t want to make any promises a female variant is something that might happen.

Not sure what is up with that, but yeah that’s a false positive.

Dang, you’ve really pampered that flouffe, good work there! I’m glad you enjoyed it! :3
And yeah you’ve unlocked everything at that point. There’s technically one size higher but it’s a very slight difference and is basically just bigger flouffe cheek pressing up against the screen at 6,900 pounds.

1 Like

Nice, was almost at that weight but decided to stop. Might push it further just to see it. I adore what you did with the time limitations of the jam but if you dont feel burned out from it, i really hope you can evolve this project further, even would spend a bit of coin for it.

6 Likes

I think balancing the Processing with the other components worked rather well, at first I wasn’t so sure, but when I got further it made sense. I’m not entirely sure I understand what effect “innovations” have though.

1 Like

The number of innovations increases the amount your drones produce per second by a certain percentage, along with increasing your starting processing value each run.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a Cookie Clicker-type game where you can’t let it idle but you also get rewarded if you lose. This is really nice and thrilling for the game that it is!

2 Likes

I second and anticipate this greatly.

By god, I’m a sucker for cookie clicker like games and this one takes the fattening cake! Real nice to let this chill a bit in the background, let me do my thing for a tiny bit once things get going and then come back and get some upgrades and stuff so the Flouffe can continue growing.

4 Likes

The Buy Max algorithm seems poorly designed. You’d expect it to either buy the maximum number of upgrades possible, by buying the cheapest until out of money, or to buy the maximum value of upgrades, by buying the highest effect/cost until out of money. Instead, it just seems to always buy either the first or second upgrade tier, even if the higher tiers are significantly lower cost by that point.

3 Likes

What I think would’ve been perfect is a gallery mode where you could see your Flouffe’s full body at each weight stage.

As it is this is a good game, but also not exactly setting anything on fire.

My main graphical bug was not being able to see the cost for the highest tier upgrades.

4 Likes

Outstanding game! My only gripe is that the graphics get a bit wonky when not playing in the starting aspect ratio

1 Like

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 7.35
Writing: 1.5
Music & Sound: 3.0
Mechanics: 6.125
Game Concept 5.1
Use of Fetish 5.7