Major Balancing Decision
Now that the prototype is taking more definite shape, I’m considering to drastically change the difficulty level of the game. My wish is for players to gradually have a good grasp of utilizing their squad compositions and overcome very large and aggressive battles. Now that everyones active skills are almost done, there will be an endless combination of squads and skills that can be used per battle. Each skill is really OP right now lol.
I’m going to implement multiple parallel campaigns (main campaign + exploration arcs), the difficulty levels of the missions of each campaign will increase quite drastically, requiring players to train their own squad, recruit a lot of new dolls to have a number of strong active squads to participate each mission.
To prevent grind fatigue, I’m going to create EVENT missions that appear randomly. Example events:
- Rescue missions. (Get random new doll with lvls based on difficulty)
- Defend allied base under attack
Each random event also have random difficulties, players will decide if they want to take risk (sometimes impossible risks) to get really good rewards.
Anyway, my main point is
I want to make mission battles very very hard, increasing spawn numbers and enemy special attacks. Forcing players to constantly go back and improve or try new squad combinations. Failures will happen often, with total squad wipe outs. What do you guys think?
- Dolls active abilities are implemented, everyone is OP now and I want to make things more challenging.
- Monster spawn rates will be doubled per mission
- Exp gain rate halved
- Stats gain per character level will be reduced
- Resource cost to manufacture a new doll will be increased
- Campaign difficulty will be increased greatly
- New Event Missions will hopefully remedy grind fatigue
This is not a content update by the way, I’m just voicing my thoughts on the future of the game.