Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

So I’ve been thinking about the game a lot lately. I’m thinking of creating - with the Wiki - an own website for the game that allows users to log in and link their Patreon Account. Accordingly, Downloads are unlocked and loyal Patrons are rewarded with a virtual currency that can be used to unlock specific DLCs of the game (also, to fight piracy). Also, it might allow me to lower Patreon prices due to being able to sell the game from my own site (will consider that, though it might be a bit complicated legally) and that way preventing Patreon’s horrible platform fees of 8%, additional to currency exchange and payment fees.

However, this would require a registration on the site and linking the Patreon account to that site. That’s, why I’m asking following question:

Would you be okay with registering on a website for the game with an E-Mail and a password?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What do you think about the idea?

• I like it
  • I don’t like it
  • I’m neutral

0 voters

I think it’s an interesting idea, but DLC could be sold in the site alongside the base game. Imagine someone finds the game later, and wants to buy everything at the same time

1 Like

Will try to find a solution. Since the application for the verification still needs to be developed at some point, the main focus will be on loyal Patrons. Additional features might be added later.

The registration will be voluntary - and especially in the early stage there won’t be a lot to do on that website. Will watch the process carefully and make sure the application is secure and stable before I start using it more. Might as well cancel that side project, after all it’s about entering a completely new field for the game.

Spoiler Alert!

I guess in every adventurer group there is one girl that is overly motivated to discover “new” things. May I introduce Chelsea?

4 Likes

New version of this month will release within the next 24 hours from this message. It’s the busiest time of the year right now. Next month’s version will be on time again :stuck_out_tongue: I am trying to take a look into Daz3d Scripting currently as well, because that would allow me to automate a huge part of my graphics work flow making it easier and faster for me to create new weight stages for characters.

2 Likes

New Version [v0.23.0]

What’s new in comparison to v0.22?

• College trip: Go on a trip with your college class and visit the temples (not to spoiler more)
    • new side-character: Chelsea (she’ll become super heavy)
    • “inflation” content (drastic weight gain)
  • New weight stage for the main character: This time the new stage is below the starting stage, which means that graphics will from now on also change, if you lose weight from the initial weight stage.
  • New sprites for the language student (4x) and the asian student (4x; she now needs a new pair of jeans :stuck_out_tongue:)
  • New game music (it’s just temporary to get rid of the - after some time - quite annoying theme; will eventually add a different music at some point)

Download

v0.23 - PC/Windows/Linux
v0.23 - Mac
v0.14.3 - Free (Click to go to the first post)

7 Likes

as a preface, I wanted to let you know I love the current free version! sadly, I cant support you on patreon for a month or two, and I was wondering if the free download would increase with the now 9ish main updates since?

1 Like

The new version will probably increase after the new system for everything goes online. The next free version will be the first one that uses the new system (with the Patreon version being about 6 months ahead). That will probably be in ~6 to 8 months :thinking:

Right now, I would like to focus on developing the new system. Maybe I change my mind, but for now I will have to disappoint you…sorry…

Starting with today (for the next months) I will have more time. This means larger updates, of course, but mostly it means for me that I can spend more time looking into new technologies and features - also of RenPy.

4 Likes

New System? Like what I’m curious

The new system was mentioned a few posts up.

2 Likes

Must of missed that. Thank you

any chance of the new free version coming out sooner?

2 Likes

is there a faster way to fatten up jane in 14.3 or is it just keep saying yes to her buying donuts? just curious and can’t wait to see the next free version!

1 Like

It’s not just a chance, I guarantee that it will be a lot earlier this month. Previous months have been complicated and I have put in efforts to get a new version done so I can release at the beginning of the month again.

I’m not quite sure (because v0.14.x is quite old already). There should also be the option to give her extra fold at the fast food restaurant.

PS: The new version for Gold Patrons will include a cheat menu, where you can easily lower or increase weight of any character :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

awesome and i haven’t been able to take jane to the restaurant i only see her at school at Trevor’s parties and if i call her which she only seems to want to go for a hike…and will my current save still work with the new version?

1 Like

Unluckily, save files of major versions (e.g. 0.14.x to 0.15.x) do not work. In some cases minor versions (e.g. 0.14.0 to 0.14.1 or 0.14.3) do work.

The reason is that in order to make save files compatible, I would have to carefully document my changes and then implement an explicit update script for each version. It’s just not worth the time and efforts… I’d rather spend that time on new features :grin:

fair enough! also is the purple dress looking outfit the last one in 14.3? or am i just unlucky enough that i can’t seem to get different clothes?

Can anyone tell me where I can get a drink? I found the food just fine, but as far as I can tell I don’t have running water in my apartment and the store doesn’t sell drinks either. Pointers would be appreciated.

EDIT: found some water. Not quite sure why it’s necessary to have a gym membership to drink water, but at least I found it.

The store does sell drinks, you need to scroll down. It can be hard to spot the scroll bar, but its there

I recently started playing the latest version. I love it!

I opted in to get kidnapped at the beginning of the game, but after I got released (around 10 kg fatter :grin:), I noticed two bugs:

1. The kidnapper stayed in view on the right side, like she followed me home and then to college. She did disappear after I had talked to Jane for a bit (when Jane went away, so did the kidnapper)

2. The clock in the bottom left bar doesn’t render. I can’t get it back on this save game. Any idea how to resolve? It means I have no idea what time it is unless I go to sleep (because then I am prompted for setting the alarm time, from which I can deduce the current time).

Some suggestions/ideas:
Can you please make the clothes not rip so easily? I’ve been eating well, but it’s not realistic to need to buy clothes every two days.

A more realistic approach would be that clothes become even tighter than “tight” at first, causing discomfort and possibly embarrassment. When they rip, it’s mostly a button that pops.

Another consequence of ripping clothes could be that having no clothes means you can’t go outside to work or to college etc. You have to order clothes online (which costs more and takes at least one day of delivery, causing you to miss school and work)

Also when ordering clothes, give options to buy in different sizes. You could re-use the user interaction engine from the store. The clothes go into your wardrobe so you can stock up with bigger clothes in advance.

Before going out, you should get dressed

It should be possible to choose something from your wardrobe that is loose, normal or tight (but not bigger or smaller because that won’t fit at all)

It would also be awesome if the clothes have real world sizes, so we can know what size she is wearing

1 Like