Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

That’s not entirely accurate. Patreon have finally added the option to charge monthly and not automatically on the first of the month regardless of when you subscribed.

1 Like

honestly a feature that should of always been an option

2 Likes

Patreon offers the option to switch to a subscription model that charges monthly on the day you signed up.

However, my page still works with the pay-on-the-first scheme for now. I’m unsure, whether I should switch, because I’m unsure whether it’ll come with negative impacts.

Small poll for everyone.

Which of the options below do you think will improve Gain of Life most?

Here are some ideas I gathered. You can choose one or two options:

• Re-use save files of previous version
  • Wiki page
  • More Patreon posts e.g. with pictures
  • Bring back size comparison
  • Bring back new weight stages for the main character
  • 2nd character window (female)
  • 2nd character window (male)
  • Generally larger updates
  • More story
  • More graphics
  • More magic
  • More food
  • More job options
  • Easier way to explore new content
  • Less repetitive content
  • Other (Reply in this thread?)

0 voters

1 Like

Unless I’m missing something obvious, surely the only impact will be that anyone who signs up after the first of the month will be charged more fairly?

@Randomkid00 Definitely! That was always one of the things I hated most about Patreon. They should have implemented this years ago.

3 Likes

For now, I’ll stay with the first-of-the-month billing scheme, because it integrates into the release circle. That way it is still true that subscribing at the beginning of the month will give access to Patreon longer. However, no matter when you subscribe during the month, you will get access to the same game version, posts and benefits. Subscribing right at the beginning of the month only gives the bonus of unlocking all pieces of content as soon as they’re published.

Sometimes it happens that users get charged twice within only a couple of days. If somebody is affected of this, please feel free to reach out to me.

I don’t want anyone to be charged more than necessary or fair. There has never been a problem with a refund for somebody who got charged twice only because they subscribed at the end of the month by accident.

i say more characther to feed by your action than becouse random events

That’s a good call, yes. Will definitely do that more.

I’ll release a new version of the game on Patreon by latest on Tuesday, the 11th of October. But I think I’ll be done earlier.

3 Likes

New version [v0.27]

What’s new compared to the previous version?

• A new weight stage with a little more detailed stuffed stage than usual
  • New stages for the language & the asian student at college
  • You can get a new job at the job office: Scientist
    • You need to graduate from college to unlock it
  • Work in the laboratory:
    • Classic work (with quick-work mode, it always picks a random answer to each encounter at work - you should definitely turn it off until you’ve picked each choice once - just to get a hand of what these answers do)
    • Get promoted and unlock two new options
  • Research:
    • Do research for institutions based on their budget. Leftovers of their budget can be used for personal research
    • Personal research allows you to research the projects you didn’t at college
    • Choose a research strategy that offers the lowest risk to avoid costly accidents, while at the same time trying to finish projects as fast as possible to get your cut of the budget as research budget
  • Raise funds
    • For now a future-feature - FOOD will be able to fund research for you for some…a bit more interesting technologies that might be useful once you get on the political top.
  • There is a button at the beginning of the game allowing you to skip to new content (by skipping the first 5 college exams and receiving the knowledge to pass the 6th exam at a 100% chance)
  • At the scientist job your knowledge increases your wage (which is slightly higher than at other jobs inside the game)

How to play?

There are three versions of the game: PC (Windows + Linux) and Mac (for Apple desktop computers). For the first time ever there is an Android version (.apk) of the game (experimental and untested) for Gold Patrons.

If you need help please reach out to me.

Download links

Mac (v0.27): Download
Windows / Linux (v0.27): Download
Android (v0.27): Download

Free Version: Link to the first post

5 Likes

Hi there!, in version 0.27 the button to weigh my self is gone…is this normal?

To get the button “Weigh yourself” you need to purchase a scale at the local store. It can be found in the “Other” category.

Can you check on that?

Yep sorry i missed that!

How is it possible to come to the beach in the newest version?
I bought a car at dealership, but nothing changed at all.
Also the story with Jane stops rapidly after eating with her at this Project (with Mr. Williams)
How can I get access to that?
P.S. Where is the cheat menu?

You need to buy a car of level 2.

Jane’s story is unfinished. The last event cannot be reached in the game. Also, the story might end abruptly, when Jane e.g. breaks up with you.

Well, there is a question at the beginning of the game asking whether you’d like some extra money. Also there is an experimental option to jump to new content right at the beginning of the game.

Let me know, if that helped!

Thank you for replying. Yes, now I was able to go to the beach. You helped me out there.

can you make Jane your girlfriend and if you can how

1 Like

Unluckily no, it is not possible to make her your girlfriend. I might continue working on that story in the future. Switching the ways I update the game makes it more interesting for me to work on it.

1 Like

New version will release a bit later this week.

Subscribing to the Silver - or a higher tier will give you access instantly, as soon as the new version releases.

New Version (v0.28.0)

A new version can be found on Patreon!

What’s new?

• New weight stage for the main character (with an interesting stuffed stage :p)
  • A new character: Alex (he’s the bartender at the beach bar)
  • New experimental game mechanic: Alcohol
  • New location: The beach bar (can be found at the beach, obviously; You need a car of class 2 or 3 to go to the beach)
    • Beach bar has alcohol implemented :wink:
  • Fixed some small bugs

The beach bar is the only location that has alcohol implemented. If you drink too much Alex will drag you out of the bar (except you’re too heavy for him). Next steps will be improving the way alcohol is managed by the game (balancing), implementing all alcoholic drinks into the system and then updating certain scenes based on the alcohol level. This’ll be fun :partying_face:

PS: Also this time, there is an Android version for Gold patrons.

Where to download?

Download (v0.28.0) - Windows
Download (v0.28.0) - Mac
Download (v0.28.0) - Android
Download (free version)

4 Likes

amazing game man! Quick question so ive gotten to the point where Jane has admitted she has the same fetish as the mc but i dont tend to see her apart from hiking or trevors party now? Is that the end of her storyline currently? Keep up the great work!