Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.42.0]

Yeah, it’s an easy fix.

But I didn’t think that far earlier. The next version will address this issue though, I already fixed it.

1 Like

Well it seems I have a talent for bug findings, this habend after a language exam and going to projects

also, it seems that you can only drink water at the gym? is that right? you cant buy it at the store

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 464, in script call
    call collegeProjects
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 743, in script
    $ gainLevel = player.rm.noticeLoss("jane")
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 743, in <module>
  File "game/_classes.rpy", line 721, in noticeLoss
    return self.relations[character].stage+1
TypeError: 'RevertableObject' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 464, in script call
    call collegeProjects
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 743, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/collegeDay.rpy", line 743, in <module>
  File "game/_classes.rpy", line 721, in noticeLoss
    return self.relations[character].stage+1
TypeError: 'RevertableObject' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Gain of Life v0.30.1
Wed Jan 25 10:55:51 2023
1 Like

well duh… I found the water only minutes after the post, looks like scrolling is helpfull

1 Like

Oooh, that’s the thing that happens when Jane notices you lost weight! Yeah, I get that too. It’s non-destructive and op is already looking into it.

1 Like

Small reminder: It’s February 1st, which means subscribing to Patreon today gives the biggest benefit :smiley:

1 Like

Just a small work update: I’m working on the new version. I will probably finish it by the end of this week.

2 Likes

Small spoiler: The new version will expand the Jane story. But you’ll have to wait a couple of hours until I’m done adding the newly written content into the game :smiley: Will release later today.

2 Likes

New version [v0.31.0]

• New weight stage for the main character
  • New weight stages for the fitness instructor
  • Fixed several minor bugs that were reported last month
  • New story extension for Jane
    • New somewhat erotic scene with Jane
    • New date scene with Jane
    • Made event #7 with Jane reachable through gameplay
    • Made event #8 (that’s the new one) trigger shortly after event #7 (note that the event only triggers, if you are in a relationship with Jane)

There is an option at the beginning to skip right to the event with Jane after the config screen.

All in all, this version adds 7000 words, which counts up to 64000 characters. I spent way to much time writing this month.

Downloads

Download (PC/Linux/Windows) - Patreon
Download (Mac) - Patreon
Download (Android) - Patreon
Download (free versions) - First Post

4 Likes

Respectfully, I would rather have the current content tightened up and cleaned up, with a heavier focus on the main main cast (esp your protag) and the required things/obvious things (college, health, parties, etc.) before expanding to various new content avenues - a hundred things is cool, but fifty great things is better.

7 Likes

Yes, I a 100% agree on that. The game needs major refactorings and clean ups. However, due to financial reasons I do not want to spend a whole month on refactoring and releasing a new version without content.

So the major problem I have is time: I thought that the game might allow me to reduce the time I work in my main job. But when I was about to, my Patreon earnings started declining. The original plan was to do that when I have more time available.

Since plan A did not work, I will spend my summer holidays on refactoring the game. I already have an open git branch, in which I do refactorings every beginning of the month. At the end I merge the new version on top of the refactorings and start doing refactorings again. Then I work on new content again, until I can release it and merge it again into the refactorings. Over, and over again. Maybe I will be done with the refactorings earlier. I don’t promise anything here, because I did that with other things that then failed due to several reasons. I just hope that these major changes will work the way I intent them to.

As you can see from that way of working, I am unable to touch certain parts of the game until the refactorings are done :confused: This means, I will have to focus on new content, or content that already exists but is not affected much by these refactorings.

6 Likes

I was wondering whether you‘d be interested in a Discord server for Gain of Life.

Would you be interested into a GoL Discord?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

A small reminder: Today is March 1st, which means subscribing to Patreon gives the biggest benefit because all monthly subscriptions started in March will end by March 31st, regardless of when they started in March.

Here’s the link.

3 Likes

I have created a Discord server for Gain of Life. Discord features a great way of creating a Wiki (the forum feature), so I will start adding documentation for the game there. The server currently only features a basic structure, but I’m sure it will evolve as we figure out what kind of channels we need.

Feel free to join, submit ideas, give input, discuss topics about the game, or even help me document the game; anything is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, here is the link: Discord Server

I have added the link to the first post on this topic as well.

3 Likes

is gold level on patreon the lowest level to get the android version?

1 Like

Yes, you need at least the Gold level for Android. For Windows, Linux and Mac you need at least Silver.

1 Like

Small work update: v0.32 will probably be published this weekend :partying_face:

3 Likes

I have an issue where the kidnapping event keeps occurring anyway (I have it toggled off), not releasing me when the debt is paid off through the games and if I pay her off straight away it permanently deletes the ingame clock. Seems to happen at night when downtown.

2 Likes

That’s strange. I’d like to look into that, but to do so, it would be really helpful if you could upload your affected save file. To do that (assuming that you are on Windows):

1. Press Windows + R
  2. Enter %appdata% into the appearing window
  3. The explorer opens. Navigate into a folder called RenPy
  4. Somewhere inside that directory, there is a folder called something with HighSchool and a lot of numbers.
  5. Zip it by right-clicking it and pressing ‘Compress’ in the appearing context menu.
  6. Upload that file and send it to me via PM here on weightgaming.

That way I can load your game in the state it was when that issue appeared and I can try to locate the problem.

1 Like

New Version [v0.32.0]!

I just uploaded the new version.

What’s new?

• New Jessica story added (to not tell to much about the content :wink:)
    • Includes cut scenes and a new outfit
    • Go clothes shopping with her
  • New weight stage for the main character
  • New weight stages for the fitness instructor
  • Several bug fixes and image corrections

Thank you to KrispeeIguana, who contributed to the new story.

Download

[v0.32.0] Windows / Linux
[v0.32.0] Mac
[v0.32.0] Android
[v0.20.0] Windows / Linux / Mac (Link to first post)

Join the Gain of Life Discord

3 Likes

Question how do we open the cellar door at the office?

1 Like