Gain of Life: A weight gain life simulator [v0.44.0] - New Free Version!

Today I spend time resolving some glitches and then rendering new images for the stages of the main character. Also, I included an option at the beginning of the game, where you can name the character you play.

1 Like

Do we choose our characters gender? Or are we sticking to just one main character. I can understand how DAZ Studio taking a very long time to make a game. Either way it’s all good.

Right now there is only a female character you can’t configure (I already posted many pictures of her here in the forums). To add a stage for her requires 18 renders for now, where the character only has 2 poses (3 outfits (fancy, default and office) in 3 sizes (light, fitting, tight). Since there is planned to be e.g. a waitress job I need one more outfit for each stage).

Adding a male character would be a lot of additional work.

4 Likes

Understandable, thank you for answering. :slight_smile:

Should some scenes in the game change if you had a lot of alcohol? (10 = Always, 1 = Never)

0 voters

A small notice for everyone: I will release at the beginning of every month a new version of the game for Patreon, at the same time the previous version becomes public. So the v0.1 (already available for Patrons) becomes public at the beginning of october.

4 Likes

Somebody knows how long it takes until the ‰ from a beer are back to 0?

• more than 2 hours
  • 1.5 hours
  • 1 hour
  • 30 minutes
  • less than 30 minutes
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Well alcohol is removed from the human by 0.015 per hour, so I think it is dependent on what ever you’re drinking.

4 Likes

It varies quite a bit from person to person. And the more someone weighs the more it will take for them to get drunk. Not sure if you want to factor the weight into it, for simplicity you might want to stick with 1 drink = 1 hour

1 Like

Cool! Will the game be fully 3d or just images?

Would depend on what you’re drinking, as well as whether you’re eating or not while drinking.

Speaking from experience, nights that involve whiskey or tequila with no food are very, VERY bad nights.

1 Like

The game includes rendered 3d objects, which are used as 2d sprites, means graphics in the game are technically 2d, even though the characters will look 3d-like (because they are rendered 3d objects). You can already download and play the beta of the game on Patreon as a Silver or Gold member.

Today I added a bar on the top of the game screen (it is blue and can hardly be seen on the picture, but in the game it is clearly visible). The bar isn’t a 100% exact (feelings will never be 100%) It shows how full the character is. When the bar is full you can only eat if you have an external motivation to eat (e.g. a friend asking you to eat more, when you are drunk, …). Will be added in the next version at the beginning of October.

6 Likes

If you’re curious about the exact science of how ethanol is metabolized in your body, then I would suggest checking out this article which provides a decent overview along with citations. For a model to truly simulate real-world conditions, you’ll want to define a formula to track BAC that can take into account both a person’s recent drinking history as well as their physiology, such as sex and weight.

A simplified formula which may be used to track BAC over time may be found here and is as follows:

%BAC’ = %BAC [(A x 5.14 / (W x r)) - .015 x H]

Where:
BAC’ = final blood alcohol concentration (volume%)
BAC = initial blood alcohol concentration (volume%)
A = volume of alcohol consumed (ounces)
W = person’s weight (pounds)
r = sex constant (0.73 for men, 0.66 for women)
H = time since ingestion (hours)

Note here that the volume of alcohol really is the volume of just the ethanol. To get this value, you’ll need to multiply the volume of the beverage consumed by its volumetric percentage of alcohol. Also, the source I mentioned previously gives good qualitative descriptors of behavioral and physical changes that are commonly associated with various levels of intoxication that would likely be quite helpful in fleshing out the flavor text for how the character is behaving.

3 Likes

What stats should be a bar (like fullness) and what a text (like hungryness)? (0 = text, 100 = bar)

Health:

0 voters

Hungryness:

0 voters

Thirstyness:

0 voters

Sleepyness:

0 voters

I suppose the best thing to do would be split the idea and have a detailed bar, and a status word over those bars…

like the hunger bar

0%
Absolutely Empty

1 - 20%
Ravenous

21 - 40%
Hungry

41 - 60%
Sated

61 - 80%
Stuffed

81% - 99%
Couldn’t Eat Another Bite

100%
Bursting

And just do something similar for the other stats

Exhausted - Wired (for tiredness)

Stone Cold Sober - Drunk as a Skunk (for Drunkeness)

Collapsing - Robust (for health)

Just need to be evocative.

6 Likes

Why not both? The two are complementary, not exclusive.

3 Likes

That’s not a bad idea though. I will definetly consider that.

I suppose your native language is English, mine isn’t. Can you maybe do a list for all avilable stats, like you did in your example? I would aprecciate that, since I would most probably never find such good words for describing the states.

Sure

Just use the same scale for these ( 0%, 1-20%, 21-40%, 41-60%, 61-80%, 81-99%, 100%)

Tired

Dead on feet, Exhausted, Tired, Awake, Refreshed, Energetic, Wired

Drunkeness

Stone Cold Sober, Sober, Merry, Tipsy, Drunk, Sloshed, Drunk as a Skunk

Health

Dying, Collapsing, Feeble, Weak, Healthy, Hearty, Robust

I tried to avoid using multiple words for one state, except for drunkeness / inebriation, but this should be a decent scale. (I hope)

I imagine Drunkeness should start out at 0% and go up only as you drink alcohol, while Health should start up fairly high (roughly 60 - 80)

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

I thin sated should be 100%
Stuffed 110%
etc.
It leaves room for you to add levels later on

2 Likes